LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 182 users in the forums

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by northbaypete:
They're both concussion risks, but Collie has had 3 of them since 2009, where Robinson had 4 just last year.

They both might be one major hit away from IR, but between the two I'd sign Collie.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
FORMER COWBOY? NO THX!!!

Ken Norton Jr says hi!

Larry Allen as well!

kevin Gogan
Deon Sanders.

Deion Sanders? Which way you moving in time, forwards or backwards?
thomas holly wood henderson only old school guys would know this. i think this was one of the first things walsh did was to bring him over but by that time he was over the hill and had a massive coke issue. Now THAT is a cornerstone for a franchise walsh inherited when he took over, O.J and hollywood
I'm old school. Bullet Bob Hayes. 1975.
Originally posted by buck:
They're both concussion risks, but Collie has had 3 of them since 2009, where Robinson had 4 just last year.

They both might be one major hit away from IR, but between the two I'd sign Collie.
I think we should sign 2 guys.

And I'd make one of them Early Doucet.

He's not that bad, has experience, and hasn't had concussion problems.

Doucet + Robinson/Collie should get us through until other players are either healthy or competent enough.
I'm for signing Austin Collie. Give him a shot, concussions be damned. The guy is a good receiver and deserves a shot.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Yeah cause look who he had throwing the ball to him?, Was he a threat with Washington? Chicago? Denver?

Uhhhhhhh.... He had 1448 yards in 2010 in Denver with Kyle Orton playing QB.
I don't know much about Doucet. I can remember that he burned the 49ers a couple of times. But Pro Football Focus says in 2012 he dropped 22.2 percent of catchable balls, worst among receivers with at least 50 targets.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
For you guys (Rascal & Cc) can I hear some reasonable suggestions about how to fix the perceived problems instead of just a rant? I think we will be fine with Boldin, Mario and Williams until Crabtrees is healthy. I also want to remind you fellas that wide receivers are the biggest gamble in the draft. They usually take a couple or three years to get up to speed, and indeed some never do. It is not as big a deal as some are making it, and acting like the coaching staff and front office of this team doesn't understand what is going on as well as you do is just plain deluded.

uhm, i have said sign robinson to get us through pre season. sure we may be "fine" later in the year but as of right now, we got three healthy wide outs with one of them on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to even play a game. you sign robinson or someone like him who has a decent nfl resume and not some taxi squad bum. by the first game of the regular season you hope at least kyle is fine and at least two of the kids. if not or if robinson does well enuff in pre season to earn a spot you keep him. you are putting alot of words in my mouth, i have said i am glad to see the niners are doing something about this, i defended JH from a poster saying JH was to blame for this. I am sorry but as I said, you are down to three healthy wide outs, one on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to play a pre season game,,,,, we are not "fine", its not tragic but it should be a concern to all. It must be a concern to JH and front office as reports say they are looking to sign this guy.

Very well said !! I have given up in replying to these ridiculous comments. To them, is very simple, if you are not Baalke and Harbaugh or work for the 9ers, aside from praises you are not qualified to say anything about the 9ers. This is total BS, this is a forum and by definition it is supposed to facilitate healthy discussions. As it turns out, Memphis9er & Co (since for some reason they like to refer us to Rascal & Co) just wants to turn the forum into some kind of a 49ers shrine. I have been supporting the 9ers since the early 80s, that doesn't mean I can't raise concerns or offer suggestions. Ever since I've stopped replying to them, I have actually found talking to like-minded guys like yourself and others a much more enjoyable experience. Honestly, I don't even bother to read what they have to write even when is directed to me.

Reading comprehension is wonderful, try it sometime. If you want to go on a silly tirade its your call, doesn't hurt my feelings at all, just makes you look silly. Rant on homies!
you asked me a question, i responded, whats your deal?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by boast:
lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this
ck also showed flashes of good stuff and those flashes got you excited. jenkins so far can not stand up at the line of scrimmage. I would settle for a flash or a glimpse of something from him. even before he got hurt, moore and hall were out playing him so how do you explain or excuse that?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Hold your horses Robinson...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/collie-to-work-out-for-49ers-again/

And the plot thickens..
ok.. i am beyond caring who it is, just sign one of these guys so we can go into a pre season game with more than just three healthy wide outs . plus boldin who is not a young whippersnapper anymore, needs a break
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm old school. Bullet Bob Hayes. 1975.

yep, the bob hayes of 1970 would have been awesome opposite gene washington. thank god the next year in 76 we found willie mcgee who only last 7 awesome games

lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this
ck also showed flashes of good stuff and those flashes got you excited. jenkins so far can not stand up at the line of scrimmage. I would settle for a flash or a glimpse of something from him. even before he got hurt, moore and hall were out playing him so how do you explain or excuse that?

Link?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

this

Link?

please do not do that to me! you can remember that everytime ck had some good series in camp, the alex vs ck thread would go nuts and then i am pretty sure ck showed some nice flashes and glimpses of his ability in the pre season games. i was just trying to say i expected more of out jenkins before he got hurt than what we heard about. at least with ck back then,, i am pretty sure he took two steps forward then one back and two forward.

this

Link?

please do not do that to me! you can remember that everytime ck had some good series in camp, the alex vs ck thread would go nuts and then i am pretty sure ck showed some nice flashes and glimpses of his ability in the pre season games. i was just trying to say i expected more of out jenkins before he got hurt than what we heard about. at least with ck back then,, i am pretty sure he took two steps forward then one back and two forward.

Nice revisionist history. Was there a link in that illogical rambling?

this

Link?

I literally remember nothing of this. I don't recall anyone going nuts over CK in TC, i recall people being irritated that they even drafted him. The only flashes i saw from him were in that last pre-season game, but there was still no Alex vs. CK talk. That did not start until Alex went down and CK blew it up against CHI.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

this

Link?

Nice revisionist history. Was there a link in that illogical rambling?
ok now we are debating if ck was garbage or not in pre season. ck showed some stuff in the pre season to warrant him staying with the team, jenkins has not, bottom line in my opinion. you do not like my opinion, big deal, do not respond
Share 49ersWebzone