Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by boast:
lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this

that

those
Originally posted by buck:
lol at the desk GMs calling Jenkins a bust a week into camp. get real guys. we would have cut Kap with that line of thinking last year. he had a very sub par beginning to camp in '12.

this

that

those

yah but QBs and WRs are a bit different as far development. WRs dont get the 8 year plan
  • buck
  • Veteran
t
Originally posted by susweel:
yah but QBs and WRs are a bit different as far development. WRs dont get the 8 year plan

Yeah, I keep forgetting that we drafted Jenkins in 2004. Eight years--time to cut him has passed.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]

this

that

those

But many successful NFL receivers have been given time to develop behind other guys.

Example... the Steelers will be starting Antonio Brown this season as their #1. He had three years to develop and only caught 16 balls during his rookie year.
t

Yeah, I keep forgetting that we drafted Jenkins in 2004. Eight years--time to cut him has past.

Nobody is saying he should be cut but the boy better step up soon or it wont be long. just say'in
  • buck
  • Veteran
t

Yeah, I keep forgetting that we drafted Jenkins in 2004. Eight years--time to cut him has past.

Nobody is saying he should be cut but the boy better step up soon or it wont be long. just say'in

There are many factors that must be considered before cutting a player.

If we use Fangio's comments about Ian Williams, we can deduce some of those factors.

1. Work ethic
2. Mental grasp of game and errors that need to corrected
3. Steady improvement

If he does not prove himself in those three areas, he might be cut. Just saying.
Hold your horses Robinson...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/collie-to-work-out-for-49ers-again/

this

that

those

Da udder ting.

this

that

those

No but they do get the 3 year plan which is actually considered the standard for development unlike the Smith exemption which was clearly the exception not the rule.
who?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/01/collie-to-work-out-for-49ers-again/

If he is healthy, I think Collie is the better reciever anyway. Less of a one trick pony.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Meh..I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd!

that makes one of you

lollll, he was actually a receiving threat with the Patriots....wasn't he?! lol

Yeah cause look who he had throwing the ball to him?, Was he a threat with Washington? Chicago? Denver?
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Meh..I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd!

that makes one of you

lollll, he was actually a receiving threat with the Patriots....wasn't he?! lol

Yeah cause look who he had throwing the ball to him?, Was he a threat with Washington? Chicago? Denver?

That's what I mean, we have Kaep, who can sling the rock like the best of em!

All I'm sayin is sometimes, the QB makes the WR.

Besides, Laurent Robinson was never a threat anywhere!
Robinson would be nice if healthy. We could use some size at WR.

And the plot thickens..
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home