Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
FORMER COWBOY? NO THX!!!

Ken Norton Jr says hi!

Larry Allen as well!

kevin Gogan
Deon Sanders.

Deion Sanders? Which way you moving in time, forwards or backwards?
thomas holly wood henderson only old school guys would know this. i think this was one of the first things walsh did was to bring him over but by that time he was over the hill and had a massive coke issue. Now THAT is a cornerstone for a franchise walsh inherited when he took over, O.J and hollywood
if he's available at this point im sure its a reason why
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
For you guys (Rascal & Cc) can I hear some reasonable suggestions about how to fix the perceived problems instead of just a rant? I think we will be fine with Boldin, Mario and Williams until Crabtrees is healthy. I also want to remind you fellas that wide receivers are the biggest gamble in the draft. They usually take a couple or three years to get up to speed, and indeed some never do. It is not as big a deal as some are making it, and acting like the coaching staff and front office of this team doesn't understand what is going on as well as you do is just plain deluded.

uhm, i have said sign robinson to get us through pre season. sure we may be "fine" later in the year but as of right now, we got three healthy wide outs with one of them on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to even play a game. you sign robinson or someone like him who has a decent nfl resume and not some taxi squad bum. by the first game of the regular season you hope at least kyle is fine and at least two of the kids. if not or if robinson does well enuff in pre season to earn a spot you keep him. you are putting alot of words in my mouth, i have said i am glad to see the niners are doing something about this, i defended JH from a poster saying JH was to blame for this. I am sorry but as I said, you are down to three healthy wide outs, one on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to play a pre season game,,,,, we are not "fine", its not tragic but it should be a concern to all. It must be a concern to JH and front office as reports say they are looking to sign this guy.

Very well said !! I have given up in replying to these ridiculous comments. To them, is very simple, if you are not Baalke and Harbaugh or work for the 9ers, aside from praises you are not qualified to say anything about the 9ers. This is total BS, this is a forum and by definition it is supposed to facilitate healthy discussions. As it turns out, Memphis9er & Co (since for some reason they like to refer us to Rascal & Co) just wants to turn the forum into some kind of a 49ers shrine. I have been supporting the 9ers since the early 80s, that doesn't mean I can't raise concerns or offer suggestions. Ever since I've stopped replying to them, I have actually found talking to like-minded guys like yourself and others a much more enjoyable experience. Honestly, I don't even bother to read what they have to write even when is directed to me.
  • buck
  • Veteran
uhm, i have said sign robinson to get us through pre season. sure we may be "fine" later in the year but as of right now, we got three healthy wide outs with one of them on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to even play a game. you sign robinson or someone like him who has a decent nfl resume and not some taxi squad bum. by the first game of the regular season you hope at least kyle is fine and at least two of the kids. if not or if robinson does well enuff in pre season to earn a spot you keep him. you are putting alot of words in my mouth, i have said i am glad to see the niners are doing something about this, i defended JH from a poster saying JH was to blame for this. I am sorry but as I said, you are down to three healthy wide outs, one on the wrong side of 30 and we have yet to play a pre season game,,,,, we are not "fine", its not tragic but it should be a concern to all. It must be a concern to JH and front office as reports say they are looking to sign this guy.

I think that at this point signing a free agent seems like a prudent thing to do.

I think we were at least close to being fine before Crabtree tore his Achilles. Crabtree, Boldin, and Williams combined with a returning Manningham seemed to be better than decent.

I am a little, well more than a little, worried about Robinson's history of concussions.
Meh..I'd rather have Brandon Lloyd!
He's a solid player but like Buck stated the concussions are a major issue. One more and he's more than likely gonna have to retire
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I think that at this point signing a free agent seems like a prudent thing to do.

I think we were at least close to being fine before Crabtree tore his Achilles. Crabtree, Boldin, and Williams combined with a returning Manningham seemed to be better than decent.

I am a little, well more than a little, worried about Robinson's history of concussions.
understand the thing about his head but i am happy he has a decent nfl resume. i just do not think we want to go out and sign a guy whose only claim to fame is he was among the final cuts for a team. i am also glad to see there have been no reports about the niners going after miss lloyd or moss. If the guy can pass a physical great,, if not, i guess there is a plan c. There has to be given our situation at wide out and if we had to play a game tomorrrow, we would have three guys 100 per cent.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Very well said !! I have given up in replying to these ridiculous comments. To them, is very simple, if you are not Baalke and Harbaugh or work for the 9ers, aside from praises you are not qualified to say anything about the 9ers. This is total BS, this is a forum and by definition it is supposed to facilitate healthy discussions. As it turns out, Memphis9er & Co (since for some reason they like to refer us to Rascal & Co) just wants to turn the forum into some kind of a 49ers shrine. I have been supporting the 9ers since the early 80s, that doesn't mean I can't raise concerns or offer suggestions. Ever since I've stopped replying to them, I have actually found talking to like-minded guys like yourself and others a much more enjoyable experience. Honestly, I don't even bother to read what they have to write even when is directed to me.

Since when is a healthy discussion is fostered by not talking to or listening to the people on the other side of the discussion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

that makes one of you

that makes one of you

lollll, he was actually a receiving threat with the Patriots....wasn't he?! lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
For you guys (Rascal & Cc) can I hear some reasonable suggestions about how to fix the perceived problems instead of just a rant? I think we will be fine with Boldin, Mario and Williams until Crabtrees is healthy. I also want to remind you fellas that wide receivers are the biggest gamble in the draft. They usually take a couple or three years to get up to speed, and indeed some never do. It is not as big a deal as some are making it, and acting like the coaching staff and front office of this team doesn't understand what is going on as well as you do is just plain deluded.

I had a x one time who would say things on purpose which were false against me but put me in a position where I felt I had to defend myself, naturally then she would accuse me of being defensive. If i get accused of something I know is just false or i know I never said or did, well then i do respond. I do agree with you, ever since this regime took over and did good things for us, it seems if you even offer up a small snippet of critical comments on the way they handled, lets say the backer thing last year when they brought in a guy they knew would be suspended for four games,,, you are attacked, you are accused of being a non fan and you automatically want to go back to nolan. i am sure its just a couple who feel that way but sometimes if you know you are right and you know what you are being accused of is false, you do have to defend yourself
  • buck
  • Veteran
understand the thing about his head but i am happy he has a decent nfl resume. i just do not think we want to go out and sign a guy whose only claim to fame is he was among the final cuts for a team. i am also glad to see there have been no reports about the niners going after miss lloyd or moss. If the guy can pass a physical great,, if not, i guess there is a plan c. There has to be given our situation at wide out and if we had to play a game tomorrrow, we would have three guys 100 per cent.

I agree with you 100% on Lloyd and Moss. I was very disappointed with Moss and his comments prior to the Super Bowl.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

that makes one of you

lollll, he was actually a receiving threat with the Patriots....wasn't he?! lol
yes,, it does make me wonder why they do not look at him since they are REALLY in trouble with their wide outs. maybe that is red flag for us. You know this regime always has said, they want the "right" guy on the team. i have no idea what that means nor should I. with two exceptions of jacobs and edwards, they usually get the "right" type of player for us. hope robinson can pass a physical and be that type of player for us.,, by the way this is the reason why we did spend extra salary cap money like mad on people like revis... you always gotta have some in the bank for emergency pre season injuries
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sorry,, correction,, why we DID NOT spend salary cap money on people like revis, woodson etc
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

I agree with you 100% on Lloyd and Moss. I was very disappointed with Moss and his comments prior to the Super Bowl.
i really thought the guy turned the corner and he was a model team mate and very respectable wide out for us but sure as posters tried to tell me,, his true colors came through at the worse possible moment,, both his comments and his loafing his way in the game itself