LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

"He gets cut" Chad Hall

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
After so many years of being hyped of Dominique Ziegler in TC, I have learned to temper my expectations.

That would be awesome tho if Chad Hall comes out and starts playing like Wes Welker or even Amendola lol

Bingo. We'll see when they start playing games. Watching Victor Cruz as an UDFA rookie in the pre-season I saw something really special when he was embarrassing the Jet's top 5 passing D corners. I'll need to see something more than just "solid" pre-season play to start believing Hall is the next Welker/Amendola.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by verb1der:
After so many years of being hyped of Dominique Ziegler in TC, I have learned to temper my expectations.

That would be awesome tho if Chad Hall comes out and starts playing like Wes Welker or even Amendola lol

Bingo. We'll see when they start playing games. Watching Victor Cruz as an UDFA rookie in the pre-season I saw something really special when he was embarrassing the Jet's top 5 passing D corners. I'll need to see something more than just "solid" pre-season play to start believing Hall is the next Welker/Amendola.

One thing that gives me hope though, is that we have a QB that can get the ball to the WRs and pretty much make any throw on the field. So we're in for a treat once pre-season starts because there will be plenty of opportunities for the WRs to make some plays. Just depends on which one makes the most out of them. So excited!!!!!
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I can't believe a 5'8" WR is going to be our go to guy. Can't we find a better group of WR's?.....
yes, because height is everything

not everything, but at some point, it would be nice to have a 6'3"+ guy with great hands and speed, even if we have to trade up in the draft to get him.

Didnt have to trade up buddy, could have had Jefferies or Randle, both 6'2 + with great hands and speed....

2 other 2nd year WR's we passed on because we're so much smarter than everyone else......

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/07/giants_receiver_rueben_randle_emerging_as_offensive_weapon_in_training_camp.html
"Second-year wide receiver Rueben Randle has posterized nearly the entire Giants starting secondary over the past two days. He's not just making a statement early in training camp, he's screaming from the mountaintop."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4684298/jeffery-shines-for-third-straight-day
Second-year wide receiver Alshon Jeffery continued his strong start to camp by catching a pair of long touchdown passes from quarterback Jay Cutler to the delight of the estimated crowd of 9,000 fans. Jeffery's first touchdown reception came during a one-on-one drill when the former second-round pick managed to beat Pro Bowl cornerback Charles Tillman. The second deep completion came in 11-on-11 when Jeffery burned a couple defenders to haul in the pass in the back corner of the end zone. "Alshon has showed the ability to run all the different routes we have given him," Bears head coach Marc Trestman said. "He's a very quiet person. He's a very smart young man with a high football intelligence. He's a guy that learns very quickly. It's been three very good days for him and we just hope he'll continue to progress and stay consistent in his effort and his productivity each day in practice."

AAAHHHHH!!!!!

I HATE when we pass over the obvious... Randle was just sitting there... it made so much sense we obviously passed him by
There are quite a few small WRs to have success in this game now. Especially when offenses open up
Not to blow the mood here but I'm pulling for him.
I don't know, cc. Rashaun Woods turned out alright. Oops. That was in fishing. Yeah, I guess you are right...no WRs in first rd. It's a voodoo curse.
  • pfizz
Lol at 27 being old. Most men are entering their athletic prime at 27.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
so he's the new Zeigler then

Why? Is he injured already?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
The first preseason game I watched him and thought he's too small. Now, it's two games and he keeps making catches so I gotta say I'm rooting for him! Go airforce.
I'm not impressed with this guy at all. What is so good about him?

We're not used to second and third stringers actually catching the balls.

He runs good routes, catches everything, gets open, can field punts. Whats not to like?
I can't believe a 5'8" WR is going to be our go to guy. Can't we find a better group of WR's?.....

Boldin and VD will be the guys. Everyone else will be a role filler. I am worried though because Crabs was soo damn good, if they double boldin and vd is blocking, who the f**k is next...
This dude hasn't impressed in preseason. Too small. If he was nfl sized, he may of had a shot at the pass in the end zone from kap. He isn't roster worthy.

he's better than AJ
Share 49ersWebzone