There are 171 users in the forums

"He gets cut" Chad Hall

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Every white undrafted guy with long hair is not Wes Welker, poor or otherwise.

What they are, on most teams, is camp fodder.

On the 9ers, they're possible starters.

Because we've neglected our WR group for years.

You realize that all of our starting WRs are injured, right? So stop with the b******t.

Three of our four top wide receivers are injured.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Every white undrafted guy with long hair is not Wes Welker, poor or otherwise.

What they are, on most teams, is camp fodder.

On the 9ers, they're possible starters.

Because we've neglected our WR group for years.

You realize that all of our starting WRs are injured, right? So stop with the b******t.

Three of our four top wide receivers are injured.

We have dratted a WR in the 1st round 2 of the last 4 years?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Actually some of us were high on those guys before, during, and after that draft. My rankings were:

Randle
Sanu
Hill
Jeffery

Frankly, I just don't think WR is a position our front office scouts well. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. And their weakness is scouting WRs. But don't act like Randle and Jeffery weren't widely viewed as the top guys I that draft because they were. 9ers went against the grain, which does pay off sometimes, but this time it cost them.

And the worst part is they blew what could have been an easy pick at a time when we really needed that pick to work out. The Chad Halls of the world keep getting playing time for us because the rest of our WR group is not good and not deep.

too bad jeffery was some sort of head case, because he's got elite raw talent. if he puts it all together, he could be a top-5 wr in the future.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Chad Hall - 2013 Training Camp Champ

His handsome reward:

WTF!!!

A very prestigious reward. lol
Wow, some of you sound pretty prejudiced against a short guy...look around the league, there are a number of 'em and they can all really play. Welker, Amendola, Bess, etc. Give Hall a chance, he just may surprise you. The fact he's worked hard and developed a rapport w/Kap shouldn't be taken so lightly. He's out there, getting open, catching passes...isn't that what any WR is supposed to do? True, it's "only training camp" but he's doing better than his WR brethren, save Boldin. Yes, he's 27, but so what? He had a 4-yr service commitment to fulfill after graduating from the AF Academy. He's working hard, trying to take advantage of an opportunity...don't slam him for that.
But "can he catch"

Dude dropped one in crunch time and got benched lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i don't care how short the dude is...if he constantly gets open and catches the ball with consistency, play the man!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
i don't care how short the dude is...if he constantly gets open and catches the ball with consistency, play the man!

of course this is the truth. however i would be a little nervous if he starts our the year opposite boldin. that being said am pretty sure kyle will be starting. I do like the fact that hall and moore have seized the opportunity. if we would have heard reports those two are struggling,, then we would be a world of s**t
He might just be the Alex Boone of receivers. Instead of being too tall for the position like Boone, Hall is short for WR. But as Boone has shown, unless you're a midget like Russell Wilson, size don't matter if you can play the game.

His handsome reward:

WTF!!!

lol, and a long line of distinguished previous winners.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

of course this is the truth. however i would be a little nervous if he starts our the year opposite boldin. that being said am pretty sure kyle will be starting. I do like the fact that hall and moore have seized the opportunity. if we would have heard reports those two are struggling,, then we would be a world of s**t

i'm not saying to make him the #2. just saying that he should make the squad if he's consistent.
Originally posted by ghostrider:

His handsome reward:

WTF!!!

lol, and a long line of distinguished previous winners.

Off the top of my head:
Chad Hall
Dominique Ziegler
Corey Sheets
Thomas Clayton
Nate Davis

As Niner fans, we are truly spoiled.
Ah yes........Chad Hall reminds of the great Arnaz Battle. Remember when he was the best WR in camp in the MIke Nolan era?
Originally posted by cciowa:

i'm not saying to make him the #2. just saying that he should make the squad if he's consistent.

Definitely, this dude is hard to catch and could be one hell of a slot receiver/swiss army knife. With Kaep's accuracy and arm, having a tiny WR isnt as detrimental as it would be with other QBs. If he is impossible to cover in the 5-20 yard range by just running ins and outs then he could be very pivotal in marching the ball down the field. He can line up next to VD in the slot, VD streaks down the field clearing out the safety and Hall can run an in or out route just past the first down marker against a LB most likely.
After so many years of being hyped of Dominique Ziegler in TC, I have learned to temper my expectations.

That would be awesome tho if Chad Hall comes out and starts playing like Wes Welker or even Amendola lol
Share 49ersWebzone