There are 315 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thanks Chaz. Wow, what a b***h move. Yeah, its nice that his sorry ass is playing to the whistle, but go heads up. He could have lit up Williams. But he goes for some sloppy, lazy looking blind side chop block that wasn't even needed. And this was after he missed HORRIBLY on the Greenway block. He looked like a fool and probably felt like he needed to do something.

He'll be gone soon, not for this, but because he sucks. This will just lose him respect around the league.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Can anyone post a gif or quick vid of the play in question?

If someone does edit it make sure to include the play sequence before the actual block to put it in context.

LMJ changes direction like 3 times during the run. The still image shot as the block hits doesn't do accurately reflect the play

regardless, he could've just stood in front of him and got an effective block in the situation. Not a single reason to basically dive into the guys knee. I hope harbaugh throws his ass off the team. b***h move.

Thanks for posting that GIF. Does a good job putting the flow of the play in context KW could have gone around the cut the same way #52 did merely seconds before if he were paying attention.

Unfortunately KW wasn't watching as he ran across the field...that was the key variable in the block Is Looney a double dirty player for trying to throw the same exact cut block at the LB #52 (and whiffing)?

NFL has already ruled the play was fine and they LOVE to fine people

Seems most people angry at what happened would be happy banning cut blocks in general
Thanks for posting that GIF. Does a good job putting the flow of the play in context

KW could have gone around the cut the same way #52 did merely seconds before if he were paying attention.
Unfortunately KW wasn't watching as he ran across the field...that was the key variable in the block

Is Looney a double dirty player for trying to throw the same exact cut block at the LB #52 (and whiffing)?

NFL has already ruled the play was fine and they LOVE to fine people

I don't think Looney is dirty. He is just lazy, sloppy and isn't good. If you are going low on some one and they are facing you its one thing. But, he missed on that like a fat chump, and when the play is winding down he goes low again. Why not do a form block. Or, if he wanted to make a statement after getting used by Greenway, lite up Williams. He would have hit the s**t out of him instead of flaling on the ground.
lol he tries to do the move twice in the same play. f**k that guy
Thanks Chaz. Wow, what a b***h move. Yeah, its nice that his sorry ass is playing to the whistle, but go heads up. He could have lit up Williams. But he goes for some sloppy, lazy looking blind side chop block that wasn't even needed. And this was after he missed HORRIBLY on the Greenway block. He looked like a fool and probably felt like he needed to do something.

He'll be gone soon, not for this, but because he sucks. This will just lose him respect around the league.

So your solution to the guy being called dirty is to light up KW the way Golden Tate did Sean Lee?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
So your solution to the guy being called dirty is to light up KW the way Golden Tate did Sean Lee?

better than taking out a dudes knee and possibly ending his career.
That GIF is awesome I just noticed for the first time that KW was actually cut block at the beginning of the play as well by #71 but he dodged it.
better than taking out a dudes knee and possibly ending his career.

And this is the main debate in the NFL right now. The rule change to save brains is causing more career ending ligament damage.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
That GIF is awesome I just noticed for the first time that KW was actually cut block at the beginning of the play as well by #71 but he dodged it.

just saw that too. But big difference in the technique. The first block, the guy basically tried to lay in front of him. The Looney block was a head first dive into the guys knee.
i love the "well is it better to hit him in the head?" argument. Kevin Williams is 6'5". Theres at least 4 feet of body mass from his head to his shin. Is it so hard to hit the guy in his chest?

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
To me the block looked like it came from a guy who was totally gassed, ready to put his hands on his thighs, bend over and take a breather. I think he blocked the only way his tired old body could...by literally falling over...unfortunately into a very good player's knees. I am hoping it looked a lot worse than it was, and hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Admittedly, that's the way it looked to me also.
But he needs to get his fat a$$ in shape. He's a professional getting paid handsomely and he doesn't take the time to get in playing shape. I cannot root for this guy.

These. He definitely looked gassed to me but I will also say it was very reckless and unnecessary (to go that low) regardless of how tired he was.
just saw that too. But big difference in the technique. The first block, the guy basically tried to lay in front of him. The Looney block was a head first dive into the guys knee.

A head dive is an exagurration of what happened. If he actually dived into kws knee he would have left on a cart not under his own power.

Well, the solution would be to make the intial block on Greenway like he is supposed to. But, if he is embarrased from being used and wants to make a statement, the alternative of lighting up KW is favorable. At least the risk of major injury would decrease (a hit low like that is a lot more dangerous) and more importantly, he wouldn't be breaking any NFL codes.
Well, the solution would be to make the intial block on Greenway like he is supposed to. But, if he is embarrased from being used and wants to make a statement, the alternative of lighting up KW is favorable. At least the risk of major injury would decrease (a hit low like that is a lot more dangerous) and more importantly, he wouldn't be breaking any NFL codes.

He didnt break any nfl codes the plays been reviewed and it was a legal block. Only the vikings and commentators, and a few of our own fans are still crying about it like it was some vicious attack on a vet by a young player trying to make a name for himself. He went to low yes but he did nothing else but stand there and let kw run into him. He barely even leaned foward.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
He didnt break any nfl codes the plays been reviewed and it was a legal block. Only the vikings and commentators, and a few of our own fans are still crying about it like it was some vicious attack on a vet by a young player trying to make a name for himself. He went to low yes but he did nothing else but stand there and let kw run into him. He barely even leaned foward.

I meant the players "unwritten code." Not a big deal though... The zone will be over this by 2:00 pacific time
Share 49ersWebzone