LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To think we traded up for this guy when he had the foot injury too.

WTF on that pick Baalke?
Awful 12' Draft continues to Haunt. AJJ gone, LMJ a role player only, Looney will be cut or should be, Fleming gone, Slowey gone, Trent Robinson hasn't done much and Cam Johnson hasn't done much, talk about a dud of a draft. If Baldwin can contribute some and Cam J can somewhow develop into a nice outside rusher and LMJ and zip thru then thatll pick the grade up from a f+ to a c-
I know its not popular opinion but Looney isnt as bad as he looks... now is he any good? well thats debatable, but being paired next to Omameh cant help anyone.

Consider this... Kilgore looked like a straight up stud against the broncos first round pick Sylvester Williams. He absolutely manhandled that 1v1 battle, now insert him into the 2nd and 3rd stringers and you see allot more pressures and allot more of him being out of position.

Looney made a bad cheap horrible play, I was f*cking pissed he had a niner uniform on during that play... but he isnt as horrible as the media has pegged him to be. Against KC allot of his mistakes "possibly" could be attributed to the lineman next to him. Not sticking up for him, just saying without knowing the whole play its hard to see if he missed his assignment or tried to cover for somebody elses and failed.
"Playing to the whistle"? Ok, I'll give you that, BUT it was still a cheap shot in a preseason game buddy.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
take off your rose colored glasses, that was as dirty and cheap a shot as they come

Bad shot maybe kinda dirty, but not as dirty and cheap at them come, now if he had dived through Williams knee like Seattle players do then Id agree, I think it was a bad shot and explained better here

Originally posted by NCommand:
Looney looked back at the RB and saw him reverse field and I think his fat azz just got caught in no-man's land between a cut block and realizing it wasn't necessary. He obviously didn't fire THROUGH his knee ala Manningham in Seattle. You could see he tried to hold up at the end. It wasn't malicious by any means IMHO. Why would it be? I'm sure he'd be the first to apologize (reports are he's a good dude). Glad Williams is OK...could have been REALLY bad!

Oh stop, the hit on Manningham wasn't cheap. His cleats just got caught and the injury happened.
Oh stop, the hit on Manningham wasn't cheap. His cleats just got caught and the injury happened.

Your right Seattle never has dirty hits Im just full of s**t, I wonder how Derek Wolfe is feeling this week.
To me the block looked like it came from a guy who was totally gassed, ready to put his hands on his thighs, bend over and take a breather. I think he blocked the only way his tired old body could...by literally falling over...unfortunately into a very good player's knees. I am hoping it looked a lot worse than it was, and hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
I know its not popular opinion but Looney isnt as bad as he looks... now is he any good? well thats debatable, but being paired next to Omameh cant help anyone.

Consider this... Kilgore looked like a straight up stud against the broncos first round pick Sylvester Williams. He absolutely manhandled that 1v1 battle, now insert him into the 2nd and 3rd stringers and you see allot more pressures and allot more of him being out of position.

Looney made a bad cheap horrible play, I was f*cking pissed he had a niner uniform on during that play... but he isnt as horrible as the media has pegged him to be. Against KC allot of his mistakes "possibly" could be attributed to the lineman next to him. Not sticking up for him, just saying without knowing the whole play its hard to see if he missed his assignment or tried to cover for somebody elses and failed.

THIS!!

media's comments are nursery rhymes compared to how (some in here "pegged" him)
Originally posted by LVJay:
THIS!!

You know how some in here are though. There so dead set on an imaginary image for this team, that they fail to recognize there are alot of players on this team that dont quite uphold that image.

Your right Seattle never has dirty hits Im just full of s**t, I wonder how Derek Wolfe is feeling this week.

okay just cuz they're the seahawks every injury to another team is their fault.

i feel ridiculous defending the seahawks but dang...

okay just cuz they're the seahawks every injury to another team is their fault.

i feel ridiculous defending the seahawks but dang...

Its getting a little off topic, how bout we stop and go back to arguing about Looney
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
THIS!!

You know how some in here are though. There so dead set on an imaginary image for this team, that they fail to recognize there are alot of players on this team that dont quite uphold that image.

True! And some may have other reasons...

And don't count out the douchebags (STUPID fans of another team) that made fake Niner accounts and pretending to be Niner fans in here just so they can spew crap/stir the pot... disgusting, low life cowards they are
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM ]
That was a crap play from Looney
THIS!!

And don't count out the douchebags (STUPID fans of another team) that made fake Niner accounts and pretending to be Niner fans in here just so they can spew crap/stir the pot... disgusting, low life cowards they are

True, personally I saw this play as more of an accident or dumb mistake on Looney's behalf, to me a cheap shot is more of a hit with malicious intent.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
THIS!!

True, personally I saw this play as more of an accident or dumb mistake on Looney's behalf, to me a cheap shot is more of a hit with malicious intent.

I hear ya... he can't let that happen, again. He'll be crucified if he does, especially after that bad play.
Share 49ersWebzone