LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChepeK7:
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/372104398404460544

No ligament damage whatsoever, source: Matt Barrows twiter.

Great news! Thank you for posting. Now, Looney can move on from this and the Vikes don't lose a key D-lineman due to a reckless attempt at a block in a preseason game. Looney HAS to pick it up, IMO.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by ChepeK7:
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/372104398404460544

No ligament damage whatsoever, source: Matt Barrows twiter.

Great news! Thank you for posting. Now, Looney can move on from this and the Vikes don't lose a key D-lineman due to a reckless attempt at a block in a preseason game. Looney HAS to pick it up, IMO.

Just saw that .. good news.

The backup O-line is terrible. Looney looks like potential practice squad material.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this joto better send williams some flowers and an apology. that was some b***hassness
Really glad Williams is OK. Looney still deserves a fine, IMO. If the league can fine the Bears LB for hitting a defenseless receiver, Looney deserves a 5k slap on the wrist.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I think Looney should be cut!!! Everything I see from him is slow lazy and He never seems to be putting any effort..He could of cleanly hit Williams and knocked him into next week but took a lazy shot at his knees...thats not acceptable..and shows what kind a player he is...
Just watched replay a few times and it wasnt a cheap shot

Looney was attempting a cut block. He did it from the front.

The only reason this almost caused an injury is Williams had his head turned and wasnt looking where he was going.

Danger of preseason attitude...dont stop mid play
No more looney moments on the field please.
Looney looked back at the RB and saw him reverse field and I think his fat azz just got caught in no-man's land between a cut block and realizing it wasn't necessary. He obviously didn't fire THROUGH his knee ala Manningham in Seattle. You could see he tried to hold up at the end. It wasn't malicious by any means IMHO. Why would it be? I'm sure he'd be the first to apologize (reports are he's a good dude). Glad Williams is OK...could have been REALLY bad!
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

The backup O-line is terrible. Looney looks like potential practice squad material.

And fortunately for him, the guys behind him are even WORSE. Sad!

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Just watched replay a few times and it wasnt a cheap shot

Looney was attempting a cut block. He did it from the front.

The only reason this almost caused an injury is Williams had his head turned and wasnt looking where he was going.

Danger of preseason attitude...dont stop mid play

take off your rose colored glasses, that was as dirty and cheap a shot as they come
Great news.
Nasty cheap shot. I am sure the league will take a long look at a fine. Very disappointing.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
take off your rose colored glasses, that was as dirty and cheap a shot as they come

Bad shot maybe kinda dirty, but not as dirty and cheap at them come, now if he had dived through Williams knee like Seattle players do then Id agree, I think it was a bad shot and explained better here

Originally posted by NCommand:
Looney looked back at the RB and saw him reverse field and I think his fat azz just got caught in no-man's land between a cut block and realizing it wasn't necessary. He obviously didn't fire THROUGH his knee ala Manningham in Seattle. You could see he tried to hold up at the end. It wasn't malicious by any means IMHO. Why would it be? I'm sure he'd be the first to apologize (reports are he's a good dude). Glad Williams is OK...could have been REALLY bad!
Can we throw Looney in with the Haralson trade?
Share 49ersWebzone