LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Joe Looney?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's an ace in reserve.

Who knows what's going to happen w/Iupati.
Looney will get his shot and if he is indeed the better player he will play. I disagree with NC on Boone. He might not move as well as your prototypical guard but he moves well none the less. He's always down field and I see him getting to the second level and lighting people up all the time. You're selling him short. The better player will play. My money is on Boone.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Looney will get his shot and if he is indeed the better player he will play. I disagree with NC on Boone. He might not move as well as your prototypical guard but he moves well none the less. He's always down field and I see him getting to the second level and lighting people up all the time. You're selling him short. The better player will play. My money is on Boone.

No worries...I agree, downfield blocking and second level, straight line, he's good, but pulling from right-to-left is a totally different skill set and not easy to do, pulling arond bodies, shielding off would-be tacklers and maintaining that hole as long as possible (2nd and 3rd level) while a RB runs up your back. You have to be very quick too out of your stance and it's almost better to have a lower center.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by theduke85:
In a battle with Brandon Thomas!

Looney's our future center Brah...

Errrr... Marcus Martin taking that spot. Looney & Thomas probably starting guards in 2016(possibly 2015) once Iupati & Boone have played out their deals.

Staley, Looney, Martin, Thomas, Davis, pretty beastly and Kilgore is signed thru 2017
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Originally posted by theduke85:
In a battle with Brandon Thomas!

Looney's our future center Brah...

Errrr... Marcus Martin taking that spot. Looney & Thomas probably starting guards in 2016(possibly 2015) once Iupati & Boone have played out their deals.

Staley, Looney, Martin, Thomas, Davis, pretty beastly and Kilgore is signed thru 2017

Yeah, it'd be good to see Looney & Martin get some time(later) this year. See how they roll with the big boys.

Feel bad for Looney, he earned starting time IMO while Boone sat on his ass.
Yeah, it'd be good to see Looney & Martin get some time(later) this year. See how they roll with the big boys.

Feel bad for Looney, he earned starting time IMO while Boone sat on his ass.

It's a long season and a lot will happen.

If anything happens to Iupati - Looney will get the call.
This dude showed up big in St. Louis, saw him stuff up two guys on a crucial third down to Boldin, Kap was in a well crafted pocket to make that jump throw to Boldin.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This dude showed up big in St. Louis, saw him stuff up two guys on a crucial third down to Boldin, Kap was in a well crafted pocket to make that jump throw to Boldin.

Yup!

At the end of the season I think Iupati goes to bigger bucks and I feel very good about Looney stepping in as a starter.

Plus we have a rookie on IR who will come in and compete.

Our FO has done a fine job of acquiring quality players for depth and our coaches have made a big difference getting them prepared.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

seemed like the OL line did a better job when he was in

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Believe it or not, I think that our subs (Looney & Martin) has done a great job,as good as, if not better than the one they once replaced.

I take my hat off to both these young guys because so much were expected from them and they proved that they belong in this league..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Believe it or not, I think that our subs (Looney & Martin) has done a great job,as good as, if not better than the one they once replaced.

I take my hat off to both these young guys because so much were expected from them and they proved that they belong in this league..

Agreed. Our o-line depth will be great once Martin is forced back to the bench. Looney, M. Martin, J. Martin is solid depth. I'm just really excited to get Anthony Davis back and see our line gel
2012 never forget
How did he look today?
Share 49ersWebzone