There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Looney?

Originally posted by rammer:
I think the Rams d line is way better than the hawks. I'm scurred of Michael Bennett and some of their heavies but on the outside they're pretty lanky so I don't think they will pressure us as much with power but with their speed which I believe we can counter with our run game.

I don't know about way better. Hawks D-Line is pretty damn solid.

Loons needs to bring his A game no doubt. That's the one spot that scares me Sunday.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by rammer:
I think the Rams d line is way better than the hawks. I'm scurred of Michael Bennett and some of their heavies but on the outside they're pretty lanky so I don't think they will pressure us as much with power but with their speed which I believe we can counter with our run game.

I don't know about way better. Hawks D-Line is pretty damn solid.

Loons needs to bring his A game no doubt. That's the one spot that scares me Sunday.

Seahawks D-line is way more disruptive as a collective unit. They just send waves of guys at you. It's a legit 7-man rotation on the d-line.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I thought the patchwork o-line performed pretty well in this game. The Rams are a lot of things bad but their defensive line is pretty good. Seattle's front is better but not by as big a margin as some believe.

I beg to differ. St. Louis front is probably better. Remember, the Seattle front can eat at the rate they currently do because of the BS that the refs allow their secondary to get away with. Note: they CANNOT COVER. When the league finds a new darling this will be fulfilled.
rams starting 4 d line>seattle starting 4 d line AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE


HOWEVER

as a unit: seattle>rams.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
rams starting 4 d line>seattle starting 4 d line AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE


HOWEVER

as a unit: seattle>rams.

seattle makes up all the mistakes by their front 7 with their DBs. gotta take the DBs out of the picture with blocking outside to open up the middle for VD and Manningham. with crabs, boldin and VD were pretty well equipped to push their cocky ass secondary around
Something tells me Joe is gonna come in with a nasty attitude and bust some Seahawks in the mouth
I wonder who is going to take over center next year....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wonder who is going to take over center next year....

Kilgore maybe? ..I wonder if we would consider drafting a Center with one of our first 4 picks?
I think people are overreacting regarding Looney's "poor performance" in the first preseason game. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either.

I think that, overall, there is still more positive than negative regarding this guy and I am ok if he needs to be our starting RG this year. (I would prefer Marcus Martin at RG, but that's another topic...) In my brief review of the preseason game, Looney generally did ok. I think he performs better than Adam Snyder.

The two worst missed blocks of the game were on Iupati and Jonathan Martin.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I think people are overreacting regarding Looney's "poor performance" in the first preseason game. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either.

I think that, overall, there is still more positive than negative regarding this guy and I am ok if he needs to be our starting RG this year. (I would prefer Marcus Martin at RG, but that's another topic...) In my brief review of the preseason game, Looney generally did ok. I think he performs better than Adam Snyder.

The two worst missed blocks of the game were on Iupati and Jonathan Martin.

Everything positive and negative that happens in preseason gets overblown. The issue with looney was not the negative plays (although he had the most obvious on the goaline) it was the lack of real positive plays. On passing plays he didn't get beat but pushed back consistently and on running plays he didn't get much push while falling down a few times. He doesn't seem to have the power or movement skills the other lineman have. It can still get better though and we have more preseason games for that to happen. No final judgements good or bad should be made about any of our players after Thursday.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I think people are overreacting regarding Looney's "poor performance" in the first preseason game.

I don't. This is Looney's 3rd season, and he's trying to earn a starting job. Looney isn't terrible like Jonathan Martin or Adam Snyder, but he's about a backup-quality lineman who can be average on a good day. That's about it.
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,457
A few quotes from his teammates after the St.Louis game


Bruce Miller: "He just did a great job throughout the whole game," fullback Bruce Miller said. "There was no fall off, no drop off with Joe (Staley) leaving. I'm really impressed with the way he handled himself. He's confident, and very humble in his approach. He prepares like a starter, so when he goes in there, he's a starter."


Colin Kaepernick: "Joe (Looney) did an amazing job to come in, perform the way he did," quarterback Colin Kaepernick said Wednesday. "He pretty much locked their front down the whole game. So, hats off to him."


Jonathan Goodwin: "You never really know what to expect with a guy who hasn't played," Goodwin said. "One thing about him, he works hard and he's a student of the game. The one thing I told Coach Solari that I felt from the moment he came in the game Sunday was you got a confident vibe from him. His first real action for him to be in that position and for him to come in and be that way that says a lot about him."


Greg Roman: "He's on it. He prepares very diligently," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. "He's a very professional, intelligent young man. Love his aggressiveness, too. He went after people, which is what we like. Without question he played really well. He was just genuinely excited to be out there and have an opportunity to play, and it showed in his performance. We had confidence in him, but it's his first time out there doing it and he stepped up big. We're very pleased."




Just sayin......
Originally posted by DeUh:
A few quotes from his teammates after the St.Louis game


Bruce Miller: "He just did a great job throughout the whole game," fullback Bruce Miller said. "There was no fall off, no drop off with Joe (Staley) leaving. I'm really impressed with the way he handled himself. He's confident, and very humble in his approach. He prepares like a starter, so when he goes in there, he's a starter."


Colin Kaepernick: "Joe (Looney) did an amazing job to come in, perform the way he did," quarterback Colin Kaepernick said Wednesday. "He pretty much locked their front down the whole game. So, hats off to him."


Jonathan Goodwin: "You never really know what to expect with a guy who hasn't played," Goodwin said. "One thing about him, he works hard and he's a student of the game. The one thing I told Coach Solari that I felt from the moment he came in the game Sunday was you got a confident vibe from him. His first real action for him to be in that position and for him to come in and be that way that says a lot about him."


Greg Roman: "He's on it. He prepares very diligently," offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. "He's a very professional, intelligent young man. Love his aggressiveness, too. He went after people, which is what we like. Without question he played really well. He was just genuinely excited to be out there and have an opportunity to play, and it showed in his performance. We had confidence in him, but it's his first time out there doing it and he stepped up big. We're very pleased."




Just sayin......

Like they're gonna trash him to the media.

"Who Looney? That guy sucks. Bad. He's lucky he made the roster. Nice guy though." -His teammate
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,616
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I think people are overreacting regarding Looney's "poor performance" in the first preseason game. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either.

I think that, overall, there is still more positive than negative regarding this guy and I am ok if he needs to be our starting RG this year. (I would prefer Marcus Martin at RG, but that's another topic...) In my brief review of the preseason game, Looney generally did ok. I think he performs better than Adam Snyder.

The two worst missed blocks of the game were on Iupati and Jonathan Martin.

agree - the O-line is still synching up so it's too early to make judgments right now. By cut down day they will probably know exactly where he is going to be. Looking forward to the 2nd preseason game.