There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Looney?

Originally posted by susweel:
him and Snyder are just awful

What exactly would you say both were awful at? Please provide some examples. I don't necessarily think he played great , but I'm curious on your specific take
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
id say he was ok but what i want to know is would kilgore be a better option?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

What exactly would you say both were awful at? Please provide some examples. I don't necessarily think he played great , but I'm curious on your specific take

umm pass blocking and run blocking
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by dmatt:
He looked like a football player today. I was suprised. Nothing I had seen from him previously made me think he was anything other than a JAG.

our line coaching staff is best in the nfl.

you didn't even notice in the 2nd half we were down 2 starters.

This. We need to find a WR coach who can do the same thing. Looney came in and stepped up to the challenge today. Hope he is ready for next week!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by dmatt:
He looked like a football player today. I was suprised. Nothing I had seen from him previously made me think he was anything other than a JAG.

our line coaching staff is best in the nfl.

you didn't even notice in the 2nd half we were down 2 starters.

This. We need to find a WR coach who can do the same thing. Looney came in and stepped up to the challenge today. Hope he is ready for next week!

Boone said that he played like a "big boy" today

No specific plays?

Cant hold their block for one second. Their leverage is awful. Snyder got spun 180degrees around by Brockers for a front row seat to watch him sack Kaep. It was actually pretty impressive he made him do that. Looney has more of a load to push through but he doesnt carry his weight well at all--no force with his upper hand movement, he gets shredded easily in run blocking. (The worst of all our linemen.) Works too hard pass blocking with his upper body and you can see easily in this game that he gets pushed around.

Snyder has no power at all. Watch him; he will pull to make a block and what he does try to fill the space, he does not plow thru first defender, because he does not TRY to smash block. You could punch thru drywall if you wanted to push thru it, but you make a fist and slowly put your knuckles up to the wall and rest your fist against it. That's what Snyder does.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Dec 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM ]
No specific plays?

he's talking about the 1st half when everyone had to suddenly be in the game at game speed at different positions. and the rams took advantage.

they went in at halftime got their assignments together and it was a world of difference. especially pass blocking. long and quinn are studs and they didn't do anything in the 2nd half
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Was surprised that he got the call over Kilgore. Will be interesting to see who gets the start next week.

kilgore's got everything except stoutness and winning power. that's why he's a hard player to start.
No specific plays?

he's talking about the 1st half when everyone had to suddenly be in the game at game speed at different positions. and the rams took advantage.

they went in at halftime got their assignments together and it was a world of difference. especially pass blocking. long and quinn are studs and they didn't do anything in the 2nd half

Well Long is a b***h and he will always be owned by Davis. Davis is going to the Probowl, book that s**t.

Yes the oline played better in the second half but Snyder has to be replaced next year. Hopefully he gets his ring this season.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
Was surprised that he got the call over Kilgore. Will be interesting to see who gets the start next week.

kilgore's got everything except stoutness and winning power. that's why he's a hard player to start.

How bad of a player is Kilgore, this is his 4th year and he can't even beat out scrubs Snyder and Looney

FOOTBALL ANALYSIS AT ITS BEST!!!!
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by xcfan:

How bad of a player is Kilgore, this is his 4th year and he can't even beat out scrubs Snyder and Looney

he is Goodwin's backup--I think part of the thinking is that if you put him in at guard and he gets hurt then you lose Goodwin, youre hurting at center
Looney is just another product of the sorry excuse they call the 2012 draft. He is only good for one thing and that is running up penalties and nothing else !!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Looney is just another product of the sorry excuse they call the 2012 draft. He is only good for one thing and that is running up penalties and nothing else !!

Well at least we've given him a fair chance.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home