There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Looney?

I haven't heard a whole lot about Looney so far..does he make the 53 this year? I'm not so sure he does With Snyder being able to play every position and Kilgore being there too..does that make Looney an odd man out?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
i do not know how to respond to this
Looney is a lock for the 53 b/c of the lack of depth at OT
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not know how to respond to this

was thinking the same thing, where do I start? A discussion on Looney is warranted though IMO so I'll give it a crack. Looney absolutely makes the 53 he's competing with Kilgore to be the top C/G off the bench and potentially the starting spot if either can take Goodwin's job. To the OP's point, haven't heard much about him thus far in camp but we just got in pads and it's hard to gauge OL this early.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not know how to respond to this

was thinking the same thing, where do I start? A discussion on Looney is warranted though IMO so I'll give it a crack. Looney absolutely makes the 53 he's competing with Kilgore to be the top C/G off the bench and potentially the starting spot if either can take Goodwin's job. To the OP's point, haven't heard much about him thus far in camp but we just got in pads and it's hard to gauge OL this early.
as long as we do not hear anything about high ankle sprains i assume they are doing a good job! you are right, i was critical of the front office for drafting a guy with a busted foot but reports are that he is doing a very good job and could very well end up being a fine center for us in the future, if so, good forward thinking by the front office
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
oh i am sorry if i was a smart ass to the poster,, i guess i just assumed it was a pretty good bet that the kid makes the final roster,, of course alot of things can happen and maybe kilgore rises to the top but i just fully think he will make it
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Looney is a lock for the 53 b/c of the lack of depth at OT

huh? lol

that's like saying "Hunter and James are a lock to make the roster because of the lack of depth behind Gore"
Looney will make it. IMO he is better than Kilgore. Its all about the health. As for the 2012 Draft Class, talk about a complete BOMB of a Draft?? James is the only pick who has contributed anyfreakin thing
Hm, I used to think he was pretty much a lock to make the team ,mostly because he was a fairly high pick last year an early on heard some good things about him i guess, but too me I'm really not sure what he gives us that we don't already have .. Will most likely be inactive all season, just kind of seems like a waisted roster space .. Also i noticed in some pictures that he seems to be alittle soft and out of shape..i could be wrong but that's my assessment..would rather give the spot to a guy like Lawrence Okoye who I'm scared will lose to another team if cut and continue developing him instead. Just a thought.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Looney will make it. IMO he is better than Kilgore. Its all about the health. As for the 2012 Draft Class, talk about a complete BOMB of a Draft?? James is the only pick who has contributed anyfreakin thing

yeah but LMJ is a pimp.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Looney will make it. IMO he is better than Kilgore. Its all about the health. As for the 2012 Draft Class, talk about a complete BOMB of a Draft?? James is the only pick who has contributed anyfreakin thing
if loony makes it and the other linebacker(the one who is not currently hurt again, forgot the name) makes it and if by some chance jenkins discovers his jj stokes self(at this point in time, i would settle for that from him) maybe it will turn out to be a decent draft
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Hm, I used to think he was pretty much a lock to make the team ,mostly because he was a fairly high pick last year an early on heard some good things about him i guess, but too me I'm really not sure what he gives us that we don't already have .. Will most likely be inactive all season, just kind of seems like a waisted roster space .. Also i noticed in some pictures that he seems to be alittle soft and out of shape..i could be wrong but that's my assessment..would rather give the spot to a guy like Lawrence Okoye who I'm scared will lose to another team if cut and continue developing him instead. Just a thought.
i know i have never played the game but I find it hard to believe okra makes this team,., we are not in a luxury position to keep that kind of a guy when we have offensive line depth needs in my opinion. losing him to another team will not keep me up nights
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,875
Originally posted by xtm059:
yeah but LMJ is a pimp.

he is a pimps idea of a pimp,, now if he can just return punts
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Looney will make it. IMO he is better than Kilgore. Its all about the health. As for the 2012 Draft Class, talk about a complete BOMB of a Draft?? James is the only pick who has contributed anyfreakin thing

you people make me laugh, how are you going to call it a "bomb" of a draft one year later? it take 3 years to analyze a draft. half the players didn't even play
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Looney will make it. IMO he is better than Kilgore. Its all about the health. As for the 2012 Draft Class, talk about a complete BOMB of a Draft?? James is the only pick who has contributed anyfreakin thing

you people make me laugh, how are you going to call it a "bomb" of a draft one year later? it take 3 years to analyze a draft. half the players didn't even play


dude, its sad when you have injuries at needy spots like WR last year and Rb and yet your 1st rounder fails to catch a pass?? you make me laugh haha. Looney fine lets say he wasn't needed but the rest outside of Fleming was a wreck, sans LMJ