LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 462 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm rooting for Hall, who is doing everything he can to impress and can also return kicks and probably be a gunner.
Originally posted by ninergold:
I'm rooting for Hall, who is doing everything he can to impress and can also return kicks and probably be a gunner.

The niners may need WRs for special teams so Hall may have a shot. With so many injuries they may keep an extra spot for the position.
  • buck
  • Veteran
As of today (July 31), these are the wide receivers on the roster.

81 Boldin, Anquan 6-1 220

14 Hall, Chad 5-8 187 27 3

1 Jacobs, Chuck 6-0 178 23

17 Jenkins, A.J. 6-0 200

18 Lockette, Ricardo 6-2 230

Martin, Charly 6-1 212

19 Moore, Marlon 6-0 190

13 Osgood, Kassim 6-5 220

11 Patton, Quinton 6-0 204

10 Williams, Kyle 5-10 186

Good luck to each and every one of them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:
As of today (July 31), these are the wide receivers on the roster.

81 Boldin, Anquan 6-1 220

14 Hall, Chad 5-8 187 27 3

1 Jacobs, Chuck 6-0 178 23

17 Jenkins, A.J. 6-0 200

18 Lockette, Ricardo 6-2 230

Martin, Charly 6-1 212

19 Moore, Marlon 6-0 190

13 Osgood, Kassim 6-5 220

11 Patton, Quinton 6-0 204

10 Williams, Kyle 5-10 186

Good luck to each and every one of them.

In bold IMO makes it to the 53 man. But when Mannigham and/or Crabtree come back one or two maybe gone, my guess its Lockette.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
In bold IMO makes it to the 53 man. But when Mannigham and/or Crabtree come back one or two maybe gone, my guess its Lockette.

Any news on Manningham?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Any news on Manningham?

Still on PUP that's all I heard. Most likely won't be ready till week 3.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I am sure most of you are aware there is a huge on-going heated debate about whether AJ Jenkins will be a bust and even cut. There has already been a poll done on how much more time we should give him to prove himself.

What I thought might be interesting to see is which WRs will make the 53-man roster. Assuming the 9ers are going to follow the same model as last year by keeping 6 WRs on the roster and assuming 3 of the spots have already been filled, namely Anquan, Kyle and Mario (being able to come back by the start of the season), which 3 WRs do you think 1) should and 2) will make the roster ? Initially, I was going to do a poll, but there are really just too many combinations. The list of the remaining receivers to pick from are as follows :

• Marlon Moore
  • Ricardo Lockette
  • AJ Jenkins
  • Quinton Patton
  • Kassim Osgood
  • Chuck Jacobs
  • Chad Hall
  • Charly Martin

Should

My pick are as follows :

• Marlon Moore
  • Ricardo Lockette
  • Chad Hall (simply because he has experience plus Vernon's positive comments)

Quinton Patton is a rookie and we can still give him a little more time. I also like Chuck Jacobs, this guy seems to be an instinctual catcher, he could well be a dark horse. Kassim Osgood will probably just stick with the special teams on kick recovery.

Will

My pick are as follows :

• Marlon Moore
  • Ricardo Lockette
  • AJ Jenkins (simply because I feel is his 1st round pick draft status, Baalke and Harbaugh will give him his very last chance to prove himself before they give up on him as opposed to outright preseason performance)

So, which are your 3 ?

LOL, still irate about Justin Hunter huh? There's no way that Patton doesn't end up on the 53 Man roster, get over it already. He's going to be a better pro WR than your boy Hunter too.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jul 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by vermonator:
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but so far the word is that Jenkins has been "less than stellar" in camp. It's early and only his second year, but for a 1st round pick, he's been nothing but a disappointment. The team could decide to cut their losses if he continues his ill play. I heard that he has yet to even catch a pass in camp. What's up with that?

Dude, you gotta stop getting your 49ers insider info from the crack head who hangs in the alley across from Denny's and sips cheap whiskey out of a paper bag,

However if you do happen to see Lowell Cohn again, let him know that his son is looking for him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL, still irate about Justin Hunter huh? There's no way that Patton doesn't end up on the 53 Man roster, get over it already. He's going to be a better pro WR than your boy Hunter too.

Wasn't Hunter from ICantReceive U?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
boldin, williams and moore will be the top three coming out of pre season. i think kyle just has a small hammy pull

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson has "continued to ride" rookie Justin Hunter in training camp, "demanding more intensity and mental toughness."

Source: Jonathan Hutton on Twitter

After getting called out by Titans WRs coach Shawn Jefferson during OTAs, second-round pick Justin Hunter was ripped by SS Bernard Pollard during Saturday's training camp practice.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
Originally posted by BrianGO:

It would be nice to hear at least ONE thing about Jenkins that makes him stand out from the pack of UFA's he's competing with. We haven't though, and fans are especially frustrated about it, because we could have REALLY used another WR talent right about now.

I do not think anybody is saying Jenkins has been good. That is not the point of conflict. The debate seems to be how long should he be given.

If you think he should be cut now or after the preason, I disagree.

Well if that is what the debate is about, then of course we shouldn't cut Jenkins, that is absurd. It would hit our salary cap if we did that.
I am just saying that fans have a right, and even more, SHOULD be frustrated about him right now. We BADLY needed him to be a talent at this point.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Well if that is what the debate is about, then of course we shouldn't cut Jenkins, that is absurd. It would hit our salary cap if we did that.
I am just saying that fans have a right, and even more, SHOULD be frustrated about him right now. We BADLY needed him to be a talent at this point.

I am frustrated by his play, and I do not think there is any 49er fan who isn't.

But, yes this debate is focused on how much time Jenkins should be given to prove himself.

There is a small, but vocal, minority arguing that Jenkins should be cut now or only given to the end of the preseason.

In my estimation that minority, driven by an understandable frustration, is not being very rational.

But, truth be told, if the coaching staff decides to cut him, I will not complain.

The coaching staff has the information required to make a decesion.

Don't think anyone would disagree with folks having the right to express displeasure with Jenkins...but recommending cutting him is a bit over the top--unless it comes from Baalke or Harbaugh. He is one of a number of guys who have the chance to make an impact...as long as two or three are ready to join Boldin as legitimate NFL WRs. Then when Manningham and Crabtree return the team will have a problem...a good one this time.
I will restate the question of this thread. Which 9 receivers will make the 53 man roster?
Share 49ersWebzone