LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
But once Crabs comes back, someone will be cut to make room right? Same with Mario? I'd like to see Collie make it, one of our few WR with actual production.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
now we are assuming crabs is back in what,, mid to late december for the playoffs? it would be a nice problem if a bunch of guys stepped up in his absence and we did not miss him
Jenkins. Book it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
But once Crabs comes back, someone will be cut to make room right? Same with Mario? I'd like to see Collie make it, one of our few WR with actual production.

I honestly wouldn't worry about this until you actually have to make the roster move.

Frankly, Kyle Williams and Austin Collie have had injury problems in their respective pasts. If those two have moderate results and end up getting (hopefully not) a sprained knee, broken hand, or something worse, the 49ers can easily place them on IR, allowing for a PUP player like Crabtree to take their spot.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I honestly wouldn't worry about this until you actually have to make the roster move.

Frankly, Kyle Williams and Austin Collie have had injury problems in their respective pasts. If those two have moderate results and end up getting (hopefully not) a sprained knee, broken hand, or something worse, the 49ers can easily place them on IR, allowing for a PUP player like Crabtree to take their spot.

I don't think Kyle Williams really has an injury problem... He was injured just once and has seemed durable??

I love the way Collie plays, he can be every bit as good as Manningham in a somewhat different way, but his health is a huge question-mark, its not beyond the realm of possibility that he ends up injured at some point this season.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I don't think Kyle Williams really has an injury problem... He was injured just once and has seemed durable??

kyle's alright as a receiver and so is collie but i hope baldwin and moore can do some damage. those guys are the ones who could be more than what we know, kyle is kyle and collie is collie, these two young guys have potential and could become stars if given the right coaching, especially baldwin, im really excited to see how he and kaep work out. people are talking about him not being on the same page as his qb but when you have 6 different qbs throwing to u its a little hard
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
kyle's alright as a receiver and so is collie but i hope baldwin and moore can do some damage. those guys are the ones who could be more than what we know, kyle is kyle and collie is collie, these two young guys have potential and could become stars if given the right coaching, especially baldwin, im really excited to see how he and kaep work out. people are talking about him not being on the same page as his qb but when you have 6 different qbs throwing to u its a little hard

Gonna be hard for Baldwin and Moore to get many targets with Quinton Patton tearing s**t up wholesale.

IMO Kyle Williams was really starting to turn it on before his injury. Dude has the speed to break away - I remember him catching a slant and taking it to the house on two different occasions last year. I think he could be a good slot WR.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM ]

IMO Kyle Williams was really starting to turn it on before his injury. Dude has the speed to break away - I remember him catching a slant and taking it to the house on two different occasions last year. I think he could be a good slot WR.

hes not bad in the slot, im talking about outside guys tho. if baldwin turns out alright he could be the guy opposite crabtree for a long time. hes still hella young

i think any chance that Osgood had making the team went out the window with the Baldwin trade. and i also this with that trade Lockett might make the team now, with him being the only true deep threat. I think his special teams play also saved his ass. this week he better show more. to his credit he has drawn flags because of his speed.

Moore fills in for Manningham
Lockett and Baldwin fill in Moss
Boldin fills in for Crabtree

the rest i don't really care about. I do like Chad Hall but i don't know if his play can be affective during the regular season....and i don't trust Collie's durability.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM ]
Boldin, Williams, Moore, Baldwin, Patton, Collie or Hall (Manningham PUP)

Williams could be the #2 on the outside then slide to slot when we go to 3. That or Baldwin/Moore could be on the outside as the #2. Either way with how much we cycle WR's in and out I'm sure Boldin, Williams, Baldin, Moore, Patton will all get playing time. Collie/Hall (whoever makes team) could be inactive for awhile if we only go with 5 active WR's. Depends on how Patton does I guess. Maybe he is inactive for awhile and Collie or Hall is active until Patton is ready.
  • buck
  • Veteran
There are nine uninjured wide receivers with NFL experience on the roster.

Here are their production numbers. Their production is just one element to consider.

The numbers are years, receptions, yards, touchdowns.

1. Boldin, Anquan 11-----772----10165----58

2. Collie, Austin 4------173----1845----16

3. Hawkins, Lavelle 5------71------771----1

4. Osgood, Kassim 10----44-----749---- 5

5. Baldwin, Jon 2-----41----579-----2

6. Williams, Kyle 3------35-----461---5

7. Moore, Marlon 3------12-----244--- 2

8. Hall, Chad 4-----14-----135----29.

9. Lockette, Ricardo 1-----2----05----1
With Crabs and Mario still hurt our 6 i think are:

1 Boldin
2 Williams
3 Marlon Moore
4 Baldwin
5 Patton

for the last spot its an all out dogfight:
Osgood vs Jacobs vs Collie vs Lockette vs Hall vs Hawkins.

My money goes on Collie.

Since Lockette isn't proving much as of week 2, and Hall/Jacobs are PS eligible.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Crabs is on the IR, but can come back. And it does not count against the 53.

Unless I am completly clueless, Crabtree is not on the IR. It really wouldn't make any sense to put him there. Better served to leave on the PUP list. Doesnt' count until week 10, I think.

Chris
Share 49ersWebzone