There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

My updated WR power rankings 1-6:

1 Boldin -- Duh!

2 Moore -- Started both games

3 Williams -- Has seen #2 reps in practice

4 Hall -- Playing well

5 Jenkins -- Not playing well, but getting a lot of reps

6 Patton -- Feel good about him, but I can't put him any higher right now.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,224
Originally posted by SofaKing:
My updated WR power rankings 1-6:

1 Boldin -- Duh!

2 Moore -- Started both games

3 Williams -- Has seen #2 reps in practice

4 Hall -- Playing well

5 Jenkins -- Not playing well, but getting a lot of reps

6 Patton -- Feel good about him, but I can't put him any higher right now.

just look at that list. our rbs and te's are going to have to be studs
Originally posted by xcfan:
just look at that list. our rbs and te's are going to have to be studs

Don't worry, our RBs and TEs ARE studs. Once Manningham and Crab come back, we're golden.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,224
i doubt lockette goes to the PS. i don't see significant progress. all that so-called athletic talent should have shown through by now, but we've barely seen anything.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,224
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't worry, our RBs and TEs ARE studs. Once Manningham and Crab come back, we're golden.

i'm trying to be positive, but i think people are expecting the usual from manningham and crabs when they return, but they will be shadows of their usual selves--especially crabs.
you just don't explode back on the scene when you quickly come back from an achilles. imo, crabs won't be worthy of starting this season.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
My updated WR power rankings 1-6:

1 Boldin -- Duh!

2 Moore -- Started both games

3 Williams -- Has seen #2 reps in practice

4 Hall -- Playing well

5 Jenkins -- Not playing well, but getting a lot of reps

6 Patton -- Feel good about him, but I can't put him any higher right now.



Uh.....Collie? In terms of pure receiving talent and experience, I would put him only behind Boldin. He's new to the team and learning the offense but he's got hands like glue, doesn't drop anything, ever.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't worry, our RBs and TEs ARE studs. Once Manningham and Crab come back, we're golden.

Once again, I don't think the 49ers are going to get much of anything from Manningham. His entire knee got blown up, the PCL particularly requires extended recovery time, I don't see him doing much at all.
What about Jacobs? Yes he's playing against 3rd string but at least he's performing...better than Jenkins, Lockett and Hawkins...
Originally posted by xcfan:
i doubt lockette goes to the PS. i don't see significant progress. all that so-called athletic talent should have shown through by now, but we've barely seen anything.

we might be hiding him. LOL!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh.....Collie? In terms of pure receiving talent and experience, I would put him only behind Boldin. He's new to the team and learning the offense but he's got hands like glue, doesn't drop anything, ever.

But does he compliment Boldin? Maybe but to me it is not ideal but the guy definitely has something left
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
But does he compliment Boldin? Maybe but to me it is not ideal but the guy definitely has something left

He's 27 years old, the same age as Lockette, Hall and Manningham. He also has a wealth of experience, regular season, playoffs, Super Bowl. He was instrumental in the Colts making it to the SB in 2009. People talk about Collie like he's 38 or something.
After todays game I'm not sure how we can pick anybody.....or the coaches for that matter
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's 27 years old, the same age as Lockette, Hall and Manningham. He also has a wealth of experience, regular season, playoffs, Super Bowl. He was instrumental in the Colts making it to the SB in 2009. People talk about Collie like he's 38 or something.

He was also a free agent until a couple weeks ago and is running with the last group of wrs. He's far from a lock at this point.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
What about Jacobs? Yes he's playing against 3rd string but at least he's performing...better than Jenkins, Lockett and Hawkins...

won't make the 53 but is definitely a lock for the PS. the radio pregame mentioned that the staff is high on him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh.....Collie? In terms of pure receiving talent and experience, I would put him only behind Boldin. He's new to the team and learning the offense but he's got hands like glue, doesn't drop anything, ever.

Collie is way down on the actual depth chart. I'll include him in my top 6 when he's not only playing during garbage time.