LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Which Remaining 3 WRs Will Make The 53-man Roster ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My 6 WR's to open the season:

Boldin
Williams
Moore
Jenkins
Collie
Patton

Yup, I have Marlon Moore 3rd on the depth chart right now. Harbaugh said he earned the start over the other receivers based on his work in practice. Plus, once the starters left the game, so did Moore. This tells me the coaches feel good about him and don't need him to prove much.

A lot of scrappy WR's on this roster fighting for a spot on the 53. We may even keep 7 WR's at the end of the day.

Crabtree and Manningham open the season on IR/PUP.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
AJ better f**kin step up. it would be nice if lockette developed and patton learned how to catch. todays game should hopefully give someone whos hungry enough a chance to step up

Why do you think Patton needs to learn to catch?
there was an article that came out saying he had hella drops in practice and boldins interview he says he may have caught one or two passes the whole time or something.

He has a broken finger and has been ordered not to catch the ball. He is supposed to let it go or bat it away with his good hand.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Boldin
Williams
Moore
Jenkins
Collie
Patton

Yup, I have Marlon Moore 3rd on the depth chart right now. Harbaugh said he earned the start over the other receivers based on his work in practice. Plus, once the starters left the game, so did Moore. This tells me the coaches feel good about him and don't need him to prove much.

A lot of scrappy WR's on this roster fighting for a spot on the 53. We may even keep 7 WR's at the end of the day.

agree with ur lineup. I think Moore is gonna end up being better than anticipated. I really wish Lockette would step up, he has all the physical tools. Dunno wtf his problem is.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
agree with ur lineup. I think Moore is gonna end up being better than anticipated. I really wish Lockette would step up, he has all the physical tools. Dunno wtf his problem is.

Yeah, I like Lockette but I think he just misses the cut. He could have had 2 catches yesterday if he wasn't interfered with. Still, some of the other guys seem more consistent.

Boldin
Williams
Moore
Jenkins
Collie
Patton

I agree, but I think collie will end up as our #3.
Did Patton play in the 1st game?

Boldin
Williams
Moore
Jenkins
Collie
Patton

I would be happy with this. Crabtree coming back for the playoffs? Can they hide Lockette on the PS? Hall? If they can keep them until the last cut teams may not be anxious to pick them up.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Did Patton play in the 1st game?

no he still hasthe finger injury and cant catch the ball.
Originally posted by niners9:
I agree, but I think collie will end up as our #3.

I see Collie as the 2 behind Boldin once he learns the playbook some more. Moore slide to the 3, Hall 4, Williams 5 and Jenkins 6.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
I see Collie as the 2 behind Boldin once he learns the playbook some more. Moore slide to the 3, Hall 4, Williams 5 and Jenkins 6.

I think williams is better than moore and hall

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:

I think williams is better than moore and hall

Collie has been much more productive than Williams has.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by English:
"Quinton Patton is a rookie and we can still give him a little more time."

Seriously?

Absolutely, as long as is not as long as AJ Jenkins with no improvements, it will be alright.

O my goodness.....
I see Collie working his way into the mix very quickly. I feel the team could even go with seven receivers initially. Boldin, Patton, Williams and Manningham are locks right now. Jenkins is only in year two so he will get more time. Lockette, Moore are bubble guys in my opinion come week 4 of preseason. A lot depends on when Manningham comes back.

So...
Boldin
Williams
Collie
Moore
Jenkins
Patton
Manningham*
Why have Williams as the #2? He's not even close to the same caliber receiver Collie is. They should be reversed, Collie would produce a lot more as the 2 than Williams. He runs better routes, better hands and size and also has quite a nack for making tough catches anywhere on the field.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Aug 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
Why have Williams as the #2? He's not even close to the same caliber receiver Collie is. They should be reversed, Collie would produce a lot more as the 2 than Williams. He runs better routes, better hands and size and also has quite a nack for making tough catches anywhere on the field.

Collie is a nice Wr who had a productive 1st three years in the league but he was a street free agent who was out of football last year and is one big hit from being retired. On top of that he has to learn a new offense in three weeks. I think right now it's as likely collie doesn't make the team as it is he becomes our 2nd Wr.
Share 49ersWebzone