LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Is big-dog boldin & the no-name gang gonna do it this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Kyle williams and mario manningham are no names?!?

KW is a no name....Manningham is a kinda name.

Kyle Williams is a name. He is known for fumbling a possible Superbowl

I was gunna say the same thing, Kyle Williams is known for fumbling away our chances to a super bowl, and Manningham is a name for making an amazing catch in the Super Bowl we should have been in.
Boldin will produce, but I don't expect much from the other receivers. We'll still be a run-based offense. I have a feeling McDonald will be featured in the passing game along with Boldin and VD. Everyone else will get the scraps.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Boldin will produce, but I don't expect much from the other receivers. We'll still be a run-based offense. I have a feeling McDonald will be featured in the passing game along with Boldin and VD. Everyone else will get the scraps.

I doubt it, if we become that predictable i predict were saying goodbye to any championship chances

I doubt it, if we become that predictable i predict were saying goodbye to any championship chances

I think we'll be fine. Our run game is pretty diverse and keeps teams guessing. It's ok to have 3 main guys in the passing game. On most teams it's 3 WR's, or 2 WR's and 1 TE. On our team, it could be 1 WR and 2 TE's who get most of the production. Nothing wrong with that.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM ]
I think we'll be fine. Our run game is pretty diverse and keeps teams guessing. It's ok to have 3 main guys in the passing game. On most teams it's 3 WR's, or 2 WR's and 1 TE. On our team, it could be 1 WR and 2 TE's. Nothing wrong with that.

I think all the younger receivers will do work also, maybe not huge contributions like multiple hundred yard games but still enough to keep defenses confused, because I would hate to rely on Boldin so much in the passing game that we lose him too injury also.
I think all the younger receivers will do work also, maybe not huge contributions like multiple hundred yard games but still enough to keep defenses confused, because I would hate to rely on Boldin so much in the passing game that we lose him too injury also.

I hear ya. I hope the younger receivers show something on the field to keep defenses off balance. However, I do expect Boldin-Davis-McDonald to be our leading receivers, and everyone else will be a distant 4th option.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Tell me who Tom Brady's receivers were when he won 3 Super Bowls

This is always what I want to say to fans who insist that the Niners need their own "Megatron."

troy brown, david givens, deon branch,

yea, hard question. I cannot even name his TE.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by JD81:
Kyle williams and mario manningham are no names?!?

KW is a no name....Manningham is a kinda name.

Kyle Williams is a name. He is known for fumbling a possible Superbowl

I was gunna say the same thing, Kyle Williams is known for fumbling away our chances to a super bowl, and Manningham is a name for making an amazing catch in the Super Bowl we should have been in.

dont mind JD he's a little guy
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:

das a dawg

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Remember, we're a run-first football team.

so many fans still don't realize this lol
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Remember, we're a run-first football team.

so many fans still don't realize this lol

I agree, but run game looked pretty bad against GB. Gore was our leading rusher with 44.
SofaKing, I don't see why you don't think our receivers will do well. I think we unveil the Anquan Boldin 3rd down and 6, jumpball catch just inside the OOB line and just over the 1st down marker...and SEA won't be able to stop it. Also I aqree that Vance is going to become a big target tonite, and Vernon gets 6-8 balls. Additionally, we break out patton and moore, and show SEA this lineup: Boldin Patton Vance Vernon Baldwin They can hold two of those guys , but not all 5. Also look for miller, kyle, hunter, and frank to get some catches. I am looking for 8 different guys to catch passes tonite. We'll see. We have had either crabs or Vernon or crabs & Vernon to pass to before in SEA. They have never seen this team with 8 decent receivers and 5 of them can be spectacular. I hope i'm right.

My concern is can we stop RW. We sure couldn't touch him in that muddy, wet blowout our last time up there. I think we can, but am curious how.
Share 49ersWebzone