There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rookie DL: Tank & Quinton

I saw a recent picture of these two standing next to eachother on the sideline early in camp...

Tank was big (obviously he's a DL). He was also very cut. He looked like he could do a lot more than just play DE in the 3-4...

Does anyone know if there has been talk about him getting reps at Rush-OLB?

The other guy in the picture was much bigger. Quinton dial looked pretty darn big... He wasnt cut, but he was a big man. Is he too tall to play NT? Does he have a chance to make the team?
[ Edited by AtlantaGA on Jul 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM ]
Both guys are still injured. Carradine is recovering from a knee injury and Dial from turf toe, Carradine will be trained as the successor to Justin Smith. Tank is roughly the same size as Smith was when he was drafted and he will probably be asked to put on a couple more pounds to be the starting RDE. Dial is supposed to be able to play all 3 spots on the 3 man line and did so at Alabama already. Since they invested a 5th round pick in him this year, he should have a better chance to stick over Tukuafu and Dobbs who were undrafted free agents. I am very interested in seeing them on the field at some point in the preseason.
Where is the pic?

Thread faillllllllllll.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Where is the pic?

Thread faillllllllllll.

this
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Where is the pic?

Thread faillllllllllll.

this

Is it this one?

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Both guys are still injured. Carradine is recovering from a knee injury and Dial from turf toe, Carradine will be trained as the successor to Justin Smith. Tank is roughly the same size as Smith was when he was drafted and he will probably be asked to put on a couple more pounds to be the starting RDE. Dial is supposed to be able to play all 3 spots on the 3 man line and did so at Alabama already. Since they invested a 5th round pick in him this year, he should have a better chance to stick over Tukuafu and Dobbs who were undrafted free agents. I am very interested in seeing them on the field at some point in the preseason.

Yeah, I hope they can get some reps in training camp...

So there's no chance Tank will be asked to play Rush-OLB?
Originally posted by AtlantaGA:

I hope these guys get healthy and practicing soon.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:

yes there is a chance if jed York wont pay the ransom when aldon smith is kidnapped

I don't think so, but I may be mistaken. That has happened once or twice in the Zone.

I think the Niners drafted Lemonier and kept around Haralson for one more go to play rush OLB. They want Tank with his hand in the dirt rushing from the DT spot in a four man line and playing base end in the 3-4.

When he eventually becomes the starter he will play all over like Justin does.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I don't think so, but I may be mistaken. That has happened once or twice in the Zone.

I think the Niners drafted Lemonier and kept around Haralson for one more go to play rush OLB. They want Tank with his hand in the dirt rushing from the DT spot in a four man line and playing base end in the 3-4.

Trent said that Tank was drafted to play with his hand in the dirt.
Tank was a good edge rusher for flo st. I think he could pssibly do that but we may just conserve him because of his knee. Plus we have plenty of rotation at OLB amd I dont think you take out smith-brooks in the nickle. I wouldnt rule it out tho.
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013tcarradine.php