There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick finding Vernon Davis is a good sign.

  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,696
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Would love to see the 7-85 connection destroy defenses all year!

Que the pick of little poor African kids wearing 11-85 chemistry t-shirts.....

Originally posted by outside4949:
It was not just bad chemistry last year. Kap broke vernons thumb against chicago. Even in the superbowl it wasn't right. The team did its best to keep a lid on it. Expect big things from this duo this year!

ha! that wouldnt surprise me if true.
Moved up in my FF draft to draft VERNON DAVIS! can't wait...i'm hoping he enters Jimmy Graham/Gronk type stratosphere this year in terms of receiving stats.

He's already better than both of them as an overall TE but it will be nice to see him finally reach his full potential as an offensive weapon

Unfortunately I did commit a sin and had no choice but to take Russell Wilson as my starting qb
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Moved up in my FF draft to draft VERNON DAVIS! can't wait...i'm hoping he enters Jimmy Graham/Gronk type stratosphere this year in terms of receiving stats.

He's already better than both of them as an overall TE but it will be nice to see him finally reach his full potential as an offensive weapon

Unfortunately I did commit a sin and had no choice but to take Russell Wilson as my starting qb
nice picks man.
its time to finally use our most lethal weapon to the best of his ability

he's gonna dominate
My hope is for no dominant receiver but at least three playing at that level. Bad for individual stats but deadly good for the team. Boldin, VD and ? I'll pick McDonald. I think he will be able to take some of the pressure off VD and allow him to move around more, giving D's fits. VD used more like a WR and taking deep rountes, McDonald on the line playing a more traditional TE role and Boldin in the middle. That would be a nice combination. Then Williams as a third down speed guy.

Baldwin is really a wildcard at this point...will he excel with CK or is he what he has been--largely wasted raw talent. Someone posted that they thought he might catch CK's ball better than past QBs...interesting and I hope so! That would give the team a big, deep threat.
Kap isn't going to throw more passes to VD than the rest of the receiving corps, like our last starter. Crabs was a bust, until Kap. Now national guys are saying we aren't anything without Crabs. Kap will move the ball around ala, Manning or Brady, not focus on the receiver closest to him.

They have better chemistry than last year but, not sure it that translates into targeting VD, in leaps or bounds.
I think VD numbers will improve but, he will not be used in an exclusive way.

Even McDonald looks like he could draw his fair share of passes. Not including, Williams, Moore and of course Patton. And don't forget we can get Manningham and possibly Crabs back, which will also draw away from VD.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Kap isn't going to throw more passes to VD than the rest of the receiving corps, like our last starter. Crabs was a bust, until Kap. Now national guys are saying we aren't anything without Crabs. Kap will move the ball around ala, Manning or Brady, not focus on the receiver closest to him.

They have better chemistry than last year but, not sure it that translates into targeting VD, in leaps or bounds.
I think VD numbers will improve but, he will not be used in an exclusive way.

Even McDonald looks like he could draw his fair share of passes. Not including, Williams, Moore and of course Patton. And don't forget we can get Manningham and possibly Crabs back, which will also draw away from VD.

Crabtree was a bust until he showed up at training camp. He did well with Smith last year and slightly better with Kaepernick. He had much better chemistry with Kaepernick though. VD went way down in catches from Smith to Kaepernick...does that reflect badly on CK? I don't think so but some may.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Crabtree was a bust until he showed up at training camp. He did well with Smith last year and slightly better with Kaepernick. He had much better chemistry with Kaepernick though. VD went way down in catches from Smith to Kaepernick...does that reflect badly on CK? I don't think so but some may.

CK just got locked onto Crabtree. But in the playoffs CK and VD did begin to hook up. Dangerous combination and I expect it to continue in 2013.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
CK just got locked onto Crabtree. But in the playoffs CK and VD did begin to hook up. Dangerous combination and I expect it to continue in 2013.

Agree, but hope he spreads the ball around to five or six receivers every game...will drive defenses nuts!
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Moved up in my FF draft to draft VERNON DAVIS! can't wait...i'm hoping he enters Jimmy Graham/Gronk type stratosphere this year in terms of receiving stats.

He's already better than both of them as an overall TE but it will be nice to see him finally reach his full potential as an offensive weapon

Unfortunately I did commit a sin and had no choice but to take Russell Wilson as my starting qb

He is in no shape or way better than Gronk as an overall TE. Gronk is a monster blocker as well and MUCH more physical pass catcher. Davis is kind of soft for being the physical specimen he is but I do expect him to have a monster season. I'm thinking he eclipses the 1,000 yard mark if he is healthy and gets over 10+ TDs.
gronk is not near as good at blocking. vd could put on 50lbs and be an elite tackle imo.
Originally posted by outside4949:
gronk is not near as good at blocking. vd could put on 50lbs and be an elite tackle imo.

Is this a joke? Gronkowski is a MONSTER run blocker and just as good as Davis. Actually, this is a joke that we are even comparing the two as players. As long as Gronkowski stays healthy which is a HUGE question mark, he is on his way to become the GOAT at his position.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
CK just got locked onto Crabtree. But in the playoffs CK and VD did begin to hook up. Dangerous combination and I expect it to continue in 2013.

Agree, but hope he spreads the ball around to five or six receivers every game...will drive defenses nuts!

Well he certainly couldn't focus on throwing to K. Williams and Manningham. The Ginn & Moss stiffs? He threw more to Delanie (who dropped a bunch) than I liked and suspect VD was drawing much attention given our lack of options. Kap has grown, I would be highly surprised if he doesn't throw it around this year. So many targets, now.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]
Good. Very good.....