LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Kaepernick finding Vernon Davis is a good sign.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I tried to create a poll about this, but being a noob, I couldn't.

Anyway, I believe Vernon Davis has a good chance to break the all time TE receiving record. Gronk currently holds the title with 1,327 yards. Davis was just shy of a 1000 yards with Mr. Conservative, Alex Smith. I don't deny that Smith and Davis had really good chemistry, but I think Kap and Davis can take it to another level. If Davis truly has become a blanket for Kap, I could see Davis with a near 1,500 yard season. The way Davis runs those deep posts, he can easily pick up 40 to 50 yards in a play.
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Anyway, I believe Vernon Davis has a good chance to break the all time TE receiving record. Gronk currently holds the title with 1,327 yards. Davis was just shy of a 1000 yards with Mr. Conservative, Alex Smith. I don't deny that Smith and Davis had really good chemistry, but I think Kap and Davis can take it to another level. If Davis truly has become a blanket for Kap, I could see Davis with a near 1,500 yard season. The way Davis runs those deep posts, he can easily pick up 40 to 50 yards in a play.

• Jiks
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Him and Kaep just need to keep building on what they did during the playoffs and I could see this happen. Especially not having a lot of depth at WR for a good chunk of the season.

Not sure about 1500, but somewhere near the record would be fantastic.
@ JiksJuicy

Ok, 1,500 yards is a little ambitious. Its likely if the Niners started having that much success, teams would do everything they could to not get beat by Davis.
With all the doom and gloom surrounding our receiving core, I thought you guys might find this to be encouraging:

Per Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco describes Colin Kaepernick's training camp chemistry with Vernon Davis as "seemingly unstoppable."

We've read reports of Davis and Kaepernick's impressive rapport throughout August, carrying over from January's playoffs. "Last year when he first got the starting job, we'd be at practice and he'd keep overthrowing me," Davis described. "I'd be running as fast as I possibly could and Colin just kept overthrowing me. Now we get out there and it's night and day. He puts the ball right there. Man, he's come a long way. I'm very impressed."
I hope you're right, but I think teams will do everything they can to stop this duo. Maybe double cover VD or something.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
With all the doom and gloom surrounding our receiving core, I thought you guys might find this to be encouraging:

Per Rotoworld:

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco describes Colin Kaepernick's training camp chemistry with Vernon Davis as "seemingly unstoppable."

We've read reports of Davis and Kaepernick's impressive rapport throughout August, carrying over from January's playoffs. "Last year when he first got the starting job, we'd be at practice and he'd keep overthrowing me," Davis described. "I'd be running as fast as I possibly could and Colin just kept overthrowing me. Now we get out there and it's night and day. He puts the ball right there. Man, he's come a long way. I'm very impressed."

This is very dangerous- for every other team in the NFL. Didn't Davis average like 15-17 yards a catch last season before exploding even more in the playoffs?

This will also make things very sweet for whoever the number 2 receiver is for us. They should see LOTS of one on one coverage.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is very dangerous- for every other team in the NFL. Didn't Davis average like 15-17 yards a catch last season before exploding even more in the playoffs?

This will also make things very sweet for whoever the number 2 receiver is for us. They should see LOTS of one on one coverage.

His best year was in 2010, when he was a featured target, he average 16.3 yards per catch. In the playoffs, he has a career average of 24.8 ypc!!!!!

I think he's going to top 1,000 yards easily. Boldin, McDonald, and everyone else should benefit tremendously from his presence.
Would love to see the 7-85 connection destroy defenses all year!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Would love to see the 7-85 connection destroy defenses all year!

Que the pick of little poor African kids wearing 11-85 chemistry t-shirts.....

VD will be a beast. our oline looks strong so he wont be left back to block as much now that we have vance to help out as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD will be a beast. our oline looks strong so he wont be left back to block as much now that we have vance to help out as well.

looking back i guess vernon the invisible man for the last few games of the regular season, was worth it as those two got on the same page in post season and hope it picks up where it left off.
i suspect davis not boldin will be kaepernick's go to receiver this season
It was not just bad chemistry last year. Kap broke vernons thumb against chicago. Even in the superbowl it wasn't right. The team did its best to keep a lid on it. Expect big things from this duo this year!
Have to see it on actual game CK7 and Boldin have been a nice duo so far
Share 49ersWebzone