There are 171 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins dropping passes and Kyle Williams fumbling.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
The one thing we can be sure of is that the reporters who are commenting on the practices have NO CLUE on how to evaluate what they are watching. Going off what they are reporting, several posters are able to apply their expert cognitive skills to reassure some of us less able readers of the obvious: That so-and-so is only at camp because he was lucky enough to have been drafted, the higher the more probable, but, you'll see, they'll be busts. Can't catch, no touch on this passes, etc. Their rationalizations are even more hilarious. My personal favorite: "No core strength". . . . sorry, not trying to be mean, it just stuck me as funny. Probably, it was said tongue in cheek,

Last season the most blatant example that comes to mind is our present starting QB. The reporters had him at #4 on the depth chart. Reading what MM had to say (and this went on well into the season): Hell it was debatable if he deserved a spot on the roster at all. Only there because he was a #2 pick by the Niners. Otherwise he would have been released long ago. Inaccurate, has trouble catching on to the schemes, looks lost out there. I n training camp it was a foregone conclusion that Tolzien had left him behind in the dust as #2. Tolzien's ony real competition was coming from JJ. Many of the posters on the WZ were picking up the same refrain.

Surprise: Come the end of training camp, Harbaugh revealed that there had never been an question that Kaepernick was #2. Neither of the other two had shown anything in the way of being able to unseat him. Everybody's (including our intrepid reporter's) objections miraclulously vanish. No acknowledgement of "perhaps I was wrong". Nope . . . never happened. There were other examples of "scrubs" who were only making up the numbers miraculously making the squad.

History repeats itself. The reporters are the same. And they haven't gotten any smater or more insightful. And I dare say some of our posters haven't learnt their lesson. We're a couple of days into camp, with a single day of padded practice, but some already know and we're hearing "I told you so's". Come on, guys!

My comments of core strength have little to do with the reporters assessments about Jenkens. Rather their observations about his slipping and falling down with little contac make me question if his off season workouts were enough to correct his weakness. The reporters are clueless because they don't realize what his real problem might actually be. You notice in my post I said I was concerned about the possibility. You laugh because you too are CLUELESS as to what I am talking about. I don't trust reporters evaluations but their observations can be utilized by me to come to my own conclusions. As to Jenkins I have yet to reach a conclusion, rather I only have suspicions. A lot of my perspective on Jenkins is based on the details of his scouting evaluations when also put into context with his showing from both last year and this year. Those are not rationalizations but observations because I never implied that Jenkins would be a bust, only that they were some red flags which reinforced questions about his actual potential. I am still in the evaluation stage. If anyone is rationalizing it would be you. Rationalization is when you have a a preconceived opinion and select only the information that reinforces it while ignoring that which doesn't. I think questioning his strength is valid reasonable considering the his observable results in camp both this year and last. Your rolling smilly is a sign that you are ridiculing by intellegence and reasoning abilities. Do you really believe you are so intellectually superior that you can profess that my post is laughable? I am not insecure enough that I would be offended but I stongely have an issue with people who like to demean those they think are lesser than they are. I don;t think you really want to get into a battle of wits with me.

You gave Kaeps pre-season poor evaluation by the reporters as an example of their cluelessness. Well I posted on the NFL forum and to my Niner' friends to a lot of ridicule I might add, I thought that before the season was over that Kaep would be the starting QB. When Alex became injured I believed and defended that Kaeps should remaining the starter. There were many variables involved that led me to that conclusion and none were based on reporters opinions. There is a difference between an observation and an opinion. We can use someones observations with out coming to the same conclusion or accepting their opinion. If you are using the situation last year with Kaepernick as an example, than I will also use it as an example of my ability to reasonably think outside the box.
[ Edited by willtalk on Jul 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
Good to see that the panic in the streets had already begun after just a handful of practices. You never let me down Webzone.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Good to see that the panic in the streets had already begun after just a handful of practices. You never let me down Webzone.

comedy gold

Aug. 8th can't come any sooner!!
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Not worried about the drops. Early into training camp and first day of pads. Anyone who has worn them will tell you the same thing: It takes a little to get adjusted to them. You get so used to catching balls without them on, when you put them back on it restricts your movement a bit.

you mean he should have been used to catching the ball without pads on for the whole summer and spring. you're a great poster but a football player does not forget how to catch the ball when the pads go on. Period

I didn't say you forget. I said it takes a little adjusting to get used to it again. Hence why even Boldin was dropping balls yesterday. It shouldn't make you drop every single ball or anything but yeah it can definitely cause you to drop a couple as you get re-acclimated to them.

We'll see after six padded practices how hes doing. My hopes are not up, but he could surprise me and catch everything
f**king sky is falling
SO you close my thread poking fun at stupid ass threads like this? Really mods. Close this s**t. goddamn
Originally posted by willtalk:
My comments of core strength have little to do with the reporters assessments about Jenkens. . . . If you are using the situation last year with Kaepernick as an example, than I will also use it as an example of my ability to reasonably think outside the box.

Wow!

Didn't mean to offend. Really. As someone who works on his "core" daily, it just struck me as funny. A personal joke. Bad joke. My mistake.

Good on you for the Kaepernick assessment.

Were you perhaps posting under a different pseudonym?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

you guys can make fun but I think we need to keep a very very careful eye on our wideouts. sure they sound like a little thing, jenkins falling down, kyle tweaking a hammy, moore pulling up, lockette with a cast ,, but alot of these little things could add up to some major issues. If these things are not at least a cause for a bit of concern for you guys

Word has it our next great hall of fame receiver, ricardo lockette, was downed by an arrow that came from no where just outside the training facility.

Had he been working more on his core he might have dodged it.

Its over, 2013 is over!

Originally posted by cciowa:

you guys can make fun but I think we need to keep a very very careful eye on our wideouts. sure they sound like a little thing, jenkins falling down, kyle tweaking a hammy, moore pulling up, lockette with a cast ,, but alot of these little things could add up to some major issues. If these things are not at least a cause for a bit of concern for you guys

The zone needs full time Waambulances for this time of year.
We've been practicing for what, a week now and we have yet to win a single game? 0-and-training camp. We're screwed.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
We've been practicing for what, a week now and we have yet to win a single game? 0-and-training camp. We're screwed.

#truth
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by cciowa:

The zone needs full time Waambulances for this time of year.
make fun if you must, but there does seem to be a cause for some minor concern when we hear reports of people getting dinged up in a area where we already have some question marks. the concern some of us have voiced is complicated by the fact that jenkins is having some problems taking the ball and running with it. there is some area in between wailing and moaning and everything being peachy king. I believe many are displaying appropriate, non waambulance emotion in regards to our wide outs.
Share 49ersWebzone