LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins dropping passes and Kyle Williams fumbling.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to reports at least we hear AJ Jenkins is dropping passes. But at least he is lining up with the first unit. Kyle Williams seems just as fast and explosive and getting behind people but he is back to his fumbling ways. It's good to hear that AJ Jenkins is lining up with the first unit and Kyle Williams apparently has his speed and quickness back but the other aspects are concerning.
  • thl408
How is Williams fumbling when it's not even full contact?
Originally posted by thl408:
How is Williams fumbling when it's not even full contact?

The news reports say he is fumbling. Read them. You can fumble without contact. I've seen KW do that in the NFC Championship game. Don't you remember?
  • thl408
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The news reports say he is fumbling. Read them. You can fumble without contact. I've seen KW do that in the NFC Championship game. Don't you remember?

Oh you mean fielding punts? ok.

I thought he was just fumbling caught passes with no full contact. That would be pathetic...or GREAT defense!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
How DARE they f**k up on the second day of training camp. cut them both.

If Kap over/under throws one receiver, i want him gone too.
[ Edited by Amir on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:

Oh you mean fielding punts? ok.

I thought he was just fumbling caught passes with no full contact. That would be pathetic...or GREAT defense!

They are listing him as primary punt returner and he is fumbling apparently.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
According to reports at least we hear AJ Jenkins is dropping passes. But at least he is lining up with the first unit. Kyle Williams seems just as fast and explosive and getting behind people but he is back to his fumbling ways. It's good to hear that AJ Jenkins is lining up with the first unit and Kyle Williams apparently has his speed and quickness back but the other aspects are concerning.

2nd day of camp and they haven't even practiced in pads yet. let's not go all chicken little yet.
Originally posted by boast:

2nd day of camp and they haven't even practiced in pads yet. let's not go all chicken little yet.

It's just a concern. That's all. I hope it improves. I am happy to hear the coaches think so much of AJ Jenkins they put him on the first unit. And it's real good that Kyle Williams has his speed back. We will need him with the Crabtree injury.
I'm not worried about Kyle Williams because he seemed to be establishing good chemistry with Kaep before his injury.

I think the odd man out will be AJ Jenkins.

Depth at the beginning of the season will be 1. Boldin 2. Kyle Williams 3A. Jenkins 3B Patton.

Once Mario Manningham is healthy, we'll see 1. Bolden 2. Manninham 3. Kyle Williams along with a smattering of Patton.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
I read Jenkins dropped one pass yesterday and had another defended away from him. But also heard he had a nice sliding catch.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
stoops
Jenkins also kicked a puppy and spit in some good ol fashion American Apple Pie
KW will beast this year if healthy. He was turning it on big time last year the 3-4 weeks before he got injured. He'll still give me anxiety catching punts though obviously.
lol it's practice.... without pads.

OHZ! NOEZ!!!!!!

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
KW will beast this year if healthy. He was turning it on big time last year the 3-4 weeks before he got injured. He'll still give me anxiety catching punts though obviously.

He seems pretty good as a WR to me. He's got speed, quickness and real good hands. I'm just not convinced he is a real natural punt returner. It's a different skill set.
Share 49ersWebzone