There are 597 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why not Cully at FS and Reid at SS??!!

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Look you dummies... if it were that easy then it would have been done.

It's not exactly about it being easy or not, I'm sure Culliver could play safety, it's where the coach's feel the player has the most value and time and again Ballke has stated he likes Cully at corner.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by verb1der:
3 inches makes a huge difference, imo. And that's not even counting their wingspan. Browner and Sherman have freakish long arms, I think that's one of their highly overlooked attributes.

At the corner position, I'll take speed over a couple inches and a little more wingspan any day of the week.

Speed isn't everything to me. I like decent speed and bigger size in cornerbacks to compete with today's bigger WRs.

For instance, last season's Seahawks/Falcons playoff game, White & Julio Jones were both held under 100yds by Seattle DBs. The following week 49ers DBs gave up 282 total yards to the same two WRs.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Speed isn't everything to me. I like decent speed and bigger size in cornerbacks to compete with today's bigger WRs.

For instance, last season's Seahawks/Falcons playoff game, White & Julio Jones were both held under 100yds by Seattle DBs. The following week 49ers DBs gave up 282 total yards to the same two WRs.

If those guys start getting called for illegal contact, you're going to feel differently, because receivers are going to be blowing by them right and left. I think you'll also see more teams bunching receivers and criss-crossing at the line so that the big corners can't get a hand on them. Speed is still the main thing with corners. The only reason they've been able to get away with 4.5 and 4.6 speed is all that holding. And, Harbaugh isn't the only one complaining about it anymore. Mike Smith will also be showing the NFL footage this off season of the way they played them in the playoffs. They basically mug receivers and grab them all the way down the field. They do it almost every play almost daring the refs to call it every play. The idea is that if you just keep doing it, the refs feel they can't keep calling it, so they don't even start. It's a strategy and I don't think it's going to work forever.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Look you dummies... if it were that easy then it would have been done.

REPORTED
people need to give this idea up, its not happening
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well I think the reason is because hes doing a good job at CB.
Cornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercornercorner

He's a corner.