LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

Why not Cully at FS and Reid at SS??!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I wouldn't compare Culliver with Seahawks corners. Browner and Sherman are both like 6'4 in height, way more imposing and physical at the line. Type of guys you want covering duos like White & Julio Jones.

I would like Culliver to be more like a Revis type, that's a good comparison!

Sherman is 6'3" and Browner is 6'4". Culliver is about 6'1" and Marcus Cooper is 6'3". I think that's in the ball park and both have much better speed than Sherman and Browner.

3 inches makes a huge difference, imo. And that's not even counting their wingspan. Browner and Sherman have freakish long arms, I think that's one of their highly overlooked attributes.
Originally posted by kam_niners1:
Chances are we will be keeping Rogers this season, I know a lot of you guys weren't impressed with his play last season but he is still very versatile. So why not, Rogers and Brown as starting CB's, with Rogers moving into the slot on nickel and Nnamdi on the right side.... Cully and Reid as our safeties! not only do we have size but also exceptional speed. Whitney is the odd man out, I would much rather see Whitney as a cap casualty over Rogers. This may be a reach here, but I do see some potential... what do you guys think??!!

WTF IS WITH PEOPLE THINKING EVERY CORNER CAN PLAY SAFETY
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I wouldn't compare Culliver with Seahawks corners. Browner and Sherman are both like 6'4 in height, way more imposing and physical at the line. Type of guys you want covering duos like White & Julio Jones.

I would like Culliver to be more like a Revis type, that's a good comparison!

Sherman is 6'3" and Browner is 6'4". Culliver is about 6'1" and Marcus Cooper is 6'3". I think that's in the ball park and both have much better speed than Sherman and Browner.

3 inches makes a huge difference, imo. And that's not even counting their wingspan. Browner and Sherman have freakish long arms, I think that's one of their highly overlooked attributes.

3 inch difference in height from head to toe doesn't mean much. Give me their height from shoulders to toe and that will tell you where their vertical reach begins. Some people have a long face or a big head that gives them an inch or two from someone else if their shoulders are the same height.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Because Cully did play Safety.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Not just cully, every single f**king corner we've ever had it seems like lmao. this phenomenon with corners and the idea for them at SS is so funny
Originally posted by Joecool:

Not just cully, every single f**king corner we've ever had it seems like lmao. this phenomenon with corners and the idea for them at SS is so funny

like Nate Clements, lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

+1 we hear it every offseason
Why not?

Because Ed Donatell knows WTF he doing.

That is why.

Have a nice day.
Because Cully is a probowl CB in the making....

Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Why not?

Because Ed Donatell knows WTF he doing.

That is why.

Have a nice day.

Then why has it not happened?

Good day.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jul 25, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]

At the corner position, I'll take speed over a couple inches and a little more wingspan any day of the week.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Because Cully is a probowl CB in the making....

Walsh did the same dumb thing to move a probowl caliber CB to FS.

No one is saying move Brown or some others to FS. It is about who has played the posistion and how aggressive they play CB. Culliver plays CB very aggressive and is very good at closing. Those things transfer to FS. Height alone is the worst indicator of whether or not a corner can transfer to FS.
Look you dummies... if it were that easy then it would have been done.
Because Cully wouldn't beat out Craig Dahl
Share 49ersWebzone