There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why not Cully at FS and Reid at SS??!!

Chances are we will be keeping Rogers this season, I know a lot of you guys weren't impressed with his play last season but he is still very versatile. So why not, Rogers and Brown as starting CB's, with Rogers moving into the slot on nickel and Nnamdi on the right side.... Cully and Reid as our safeties! not only do we have size but also exceptional speed. Whitney is the odd man out, I would much rather see Whitney as a cap casualty over Rogers. This may be a reach here, but I do see some potential... what do you guys think??!!
why not Tolzien at LS and the bro at KR?
Whitney? She dead...
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM ]
Kaep @ FS. He's fast.
Originally posted by kam_niners1:
Chances are we will be keeping Rogers this season, I know a lot of you guys weren't impressed with his play last season but he is still very versatile. So why not, Rogers and Brown as starting CB's, with Rogers moving into the slot on nickel and Nnamdi on the right side.... Cully and Reid as our safeties! not only do we have size but also exceptional speed. Whitney is the odd man out, I would much rather see Whitney as a cap casualty over Rogers. This may be a reach here, but I do see some potential... what do you guys think??!!

Please refer to the last Barrow's chat......
Originally posted by Disp:
Kaep @ FS. He's fast.

Vernon at FS, he is fast and i wouldnt want to get hit by him
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by Disp:
Kaep @ FS. He's fast.

Vernon at FS, he is fast and i wouldnt want to get hit by him

He is an amazing FS....in madden
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,332
Culliver also started at FS in South Carolina, Many scouting reports had him best suited as an NFL safety
So the idea does have merit.

With that said, I doubt the Niners move him, I think he's the future LCB
The Niner FS needs to be able to diagnose plays, handle the helmet mic, and be a field leader
Im not so sure Culli has those attributes

I think Rogers would be very good in that role, though I doubt he's in the Niners long term plans with that salary
I like turtles.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I like turtles.

this
Originally posted by cools:
Culliver also started at FS in South Carolina, Many scouting reports had him best suited as an NFL safety
So the idea does have merit.

With that said, I doubt the Niners move him, I think he's the future LCB
The Niner FS needs to be able to diagnose plays, handle the helmet mic, and be a field leader
Im not so sure Culli has those attributes

I think Rogers would be very good in that role, though I doubt he's in the Niners long term plans with that salary

It WAS an idea with merit, but its been discussed to no end pre and post draft, and its not going to happen per matt barrows.
Originally posted by cools:
Culliver also started at FS in South Carolina, Many scouting reports had him best suited as an NFL safety
So the idea does have merit.

With that said, I doubt the Niners move him, I think he's the future LCB
The Niner FS needs to be able to diagnose plays, handle the helmet mic, and be a field leader
Im not so sure Culli has those attributes

I think Rogers would be very good in that role, though I doubt he's in the Niners long term plans with that salary

the only MATURE answer on this thread.... lol
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,006
lets keep the cornerbacks together and the safeties together, let them fight it out for the spots and may the best people win. move forward and let the chips fall where they may
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by cools:
Culliver also started at FS in South Carolina, Many scouting reports had him best suited as an NFL safety
So the idea does have merit.

With that said, I doubt the Niners move him, I think he's the future LCB
The Niner FS needs to be able to diagnose plays, handle the helmet mic, and be a field leader
Im not so sure Culli has those attributes

I think Rogers would be very good in that role, though I doubt he's in the Niners long term plans with that salary

the only MATURE answer on this thread.... lol

lol, I wouldn't mind seeing Cully at safety, but I think there's zero chance that will happen. And honestly, I think his play this year is going to surprise a lot of people.
Apparently Fangio and Harbaugh believe Cully has the most value at CB, which is why he's still there. Recent reports that the Niners see him as a future starter lend creedence to that notion. Reid would appear to be the FS going into this season...and there are a number of other S who could see increased PT this year. There's a reason CB is considered a skill position and S not...you want your best secondary players there. I don't see that changing anytime soon, especially with Whitner playing alongside Reid to school him.