There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,093
I just don't understand how somebody doesn't know they will lose 2/3 of their year salary if they don't workout with the team. I just don't know how he didn't know that and I don't understand how nobody let him know. Somebody should have told him and he shoulda known on his own. I can't understand any of it.
Did Brown have the same representation as Elvis Dumervil
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Matt Barrows is saying Brown learned of the 2 million dollar loss this AM & then immediately fired his agent.

I don't know if he means he terminated his business relationship with his agent or if he actually set him on fire.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-camp-report-dahl-williams-line-starters

Fired agent: CB Tarell Brown told reporters who cover the 49ers that he found out via Twitter on Thursday that he forfeited $2 million in salary for this season for not attending the 49ers' offseason workout program. After he learned his base salary was dropped to $925,000 in the final year of his contract, Brown told reporters that he immediately called his agent, Brian Overstreet, and fired him. With a good season, Brown figures to earn a nice contract for next season — and a nice commission for his new agent.
Actually, I'm kind of glad to find that he didn't know, and fired his agent due to it. I really couldn't understand why he'd do this considering the lack of leverage he'd have in a presumed power play for a new contract. Now he should know what's in his contract but that's what they pay agents very good money for.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

Your crazy. TB is not better than Awesomemuah in man coverage and TB will not be better than Awesomemuah if he is used properly like he WASN'T in Philly
Nnami lost his luster with the Eagles. Brown is very good the last 2 years. I would take the consistency of Brown over Nnamdi. Right now you don't know which Nnamdi you're going to get. That's not good for a CB. I know who Brown is... a guy that can defend the outside route. You give him help from the safety on the inside , he can jump a route and make an INT. He's also good for a few knockdowns.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

If you let Asomugha play man coverage, no chance this statement is true. Even last season, when Nnamdi was allowed to play man, he shut down Megatron (!). They switch to zone and Megatron puts up 100+. The guy can still shut WRs down if they allow him to play to his strengths.

Personally, I think Brown is overrated on this forum. He was our best CB last year, but that isn't saying much. He is good, but he'll never be mentioned among the best.

Asomugha, if even half as good as he was in Oakland, is the best CB we have.


Asomugha should be great at stopping the short passing game that teams have adjusted to us with. Our pass rush is so strong, you basically have two options; throw a Hail Mary up in the air to Anquan Boldin, or throw a quick three step drop pass.
I'd workout wherever the hell they asked me to for $2 million. Doesn't make sense to give up that cabbage with the hope of getting more after the season. He needs them more than they need him right now. Should have flown his speed trainer to the bay area and worked out there, taken his $2,000,000.00 and showed a little good faith. That would help his negotiations.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'd workout wherever the hell they asked me to for $2 million. Doesn't make sense to give up that cabbage with the hope of getting more after the season. He needs them more than they need him right now. Should have flown his speed trainer to the bay area and worked out there, taken his $2,000,000.00 and showed a little good faith. That would help his negotiations.

You didn't get the memo, did you?
We are getting a nice corner for under a mil. This is awesome.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'd workout wherever the hell they asked me to for $2 million. Doesn't make sense to give up that cabbage with the hope of getting more after the season. He needs them more than they need him right now. Should have flown his speed trainer to the bay area and worked out there, taken his $2,000,000.00 and showed a little good faith. That would help his negotiations.

You didn't get the memo, did you?

Apparently T Brown's agent did not either !!!!!
If I were Brown, I'd also be a little pissed that someone on the team didn't remind me about the $2 mil. Maybe nobody on the team had the opportunity to remind him. But, this does give the team more leverage with respect to tearing up his existing contract and getting him to sign an extension before he goes to free agency. That could be a real good thing because he's a damn good corner. I'd really like to see Marcus Cooper work out so that they could have Cooper and Culliver on the outside and Brown covering the slot guys like Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin - taller, physical guys with elite speed on the outside and a super quick corner at the slot.
Why does a player need reminding? Almost every player has money tied to workout bonuses. Brown should have been aware that in his case, the workout bonus is a large portion of the available money that he can earn.
2 mil? I'd KILL my agent, not fire him.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If I were Brown, I'd also be a little pissed that someone on the team didn't remind me about the $2 mil. Maybe nobody on the team had the opportunity to remind him. But, this does give the team more leverage with respect to tearing up his existing contract and getting him to sign an extension before he goes to free agency. That could be a real good thing because he's a damn good corner. I'd really like to see Marcus Cooper work out so that they could have Cooper and Culliver on the outside and Brown covering the slot guys like Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin - taller, physical guys with elite speed on the outside and a super quick corner at the slot.

If I'm the Niners, I would give Brown a new contract that would include the 1.1(negotiable up to 1.5) of the 2 mil that he just lost plus 3 more years of service at fair market price value for a CB. Essentially locking him up for another 3 years. It's an opportunity for both parties to recoup.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM ]