LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

Your crazy. TB is not better than Awesomemuah in man coverage and TB will not be better than Awesomemuah if he is used properly like he WASN'T in Philly
Nnami lost his luster with the Eagles. Brown is very good the last 2 years. I would take the consistency of Brown over Nnamdi. Right now you don't know which Nnamdi you're going to get. That's not good for a CB. I know who Brown is... a guy that can defend the outside route. You give him help from the safety on the inside , he can jump a route and make an INT. He's also good for a few knockdowns.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

If you let Asomugha play man coverage, no chance this statement is true. Even last season, when Nnamdi was allowed to play man, he shut down Megatron (!). They switch to zone and Megatron puts up 100+. The guy can still shut WRs down if they allow him to play to his strengths.

Personally, I think Brown is overrated on this forum. He was our best CB last year, but that isn't saying much. He is good, but he'll never be mentioned among the best.

Asomugha, if even half as good as he was in Oakland, is the best CB we have.

Asomugha should be great at stopping the short passing game that teams have adjusted to us with. Our pass rush is so strong, you basically have two options; throw a Hail Mary up in the air to Anquan Boldin, or throw a quick three step drop pass.
I'd workout wherever the hell they asked me to for $2 million. Doesn't make sense to give up that cabbage with the hope of getting more after the season. He needs them more than they need him right now. Should have flown his speed trainer to the bay area and worked out there, taken his $2,000,000.00 and showed a little good faith. That would help his negotiations.
We are getting a nice corner for under a mil. This is awesome.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'd workout wherever the hell they asked me to for $2 million. Doesn't make sense to give up that cabbage with the hope of getting more after the season. He needs them more than they need him right now. Should have flown his speed trainer to the bay area and worked out there, taken his $2,000,000.00 and showed a little good faith. That would help his negotiations.

You didn't get the memo, did you?

Apparently T Brown's agent did not either !!!!!
If I were Brown, I'd also be a little pissed that someone on the team didn't remind me about the $2 mil. Maybe nobody on the team had the opportunity to remind him. But, this does give the team more leverage with respect to tearing up his existing contract and getting him to sign an extension before he goes to free agency. That could be a real good thing because he's a damn good corner. I'd really like to see Marcus Cooper work out so that they could have Cooper and Culliver on the outside and Brown covering the slot guys like Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin - taller, physical guys with elite speed on the outside and a super quick corner at the slot.
Why does a player need reminding? Almost every player has money tied to workout bonuses. Brown should have been aware that in his case, the workout bonus is a large portion of the available money that he can earn.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
2 mil? I'd KILL my agent, not fire him.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If I were Brown, I'd also be a little pissed that someone on the team didn't remind me about the $2 mil. Maybe nobody on the team had the opportunity to remind him. But, this does give the team more leverage with respect to tearing up his existing contract and getting him to sign an extension before he goes to free agency. That could be a real good thing because he's a damn good corner. I'd really like to see Marcus Cooper work out so that they could have Cooper and Culliver on the outside and Brown covering the slot guys like Tavon Austin and Percy Harvin - taller, physical guys with elite speed on the outside and a super quick corner at the slot.

If I'm the Niners, I would give Brown a new contract that would include the 1.1(negotiable up to 1.5) of the 2 mil that he just lost plus 3 more years of service at fair market price value for a CB. Essentially locking him up for another 3 years. It's an opportunity for both parties to recoup.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM ]
Wow, Browns agent f**ked him. I feel bad for the dude and hopefully he can get something worked out.

I will say I am very impressed with how mature he is being about it though, not sure I would be so calm after losing 2M dollars.
Brown basically lost 2/3 of his salary this year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Either his agent is a dumbass or he is.

I don't think he is gonig to hold out. I just think his agent made a big boo boo. Malpractice anyone?

I hate to toot my own horn but,,,,,

Who am i kidding, i love to!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
Either his agent is a dumbass or he is.

I don't think he is gonig to hold out. I just think his agent made a big boo boo. Malpractice anyone?

I hate to toot my own horn but,,,,,

Who am i kidding, i love to!

Here ya go....

[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone