There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

yea he is

no, he ISN'T. LOL. Put Brown in Philly from the time Nnamdi was there. His success will not have been as good. Seriously... Nnamdi was considered one of the best next to Revis before he went over. Remember when we tried to get him before? You're out of your mind. Going off of his years in Philly and just saying in general Brown is better, laughable.

your assuming its phillies fault, which is hypothetical and not that he just isn't the same player anymore, your entitled to your own opinion i guess, but brown has been our best CB for some time now.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Overkill:
The guy chose spending time with his family over $2 million. He's a good player whose top concern isn't money. Clearly, we should all hate on him.

Ummm he could have almost doubled his salary and spent that money in flying his whole family in for the whole summer in a lake house and still had a million left over.

Dude may be dumb as rocks or is holding out
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is gonna lost his job to Awesomemuah if he holds out. BOOK IT

no way lol, he 10 times better.

LOL??? Brown better than Awesomemuah?

yea he is

no, he ISN'T. LOL. Put Brown in Philly from the time Nnamdi was there. His success will not have been as good. Seriously... Nnamdi was considered one of the best next to Revis before he went over. Remember when we tried to get him before? You're out of your mind. Going off of his years in Philly and just saying in general Brown is better, laughable.

your assuming its phillies fault, which is hypothetical and not that he just isn't the same player anymore, your entitled to your own opinion i guess, but brown has been our best CB for some time now.

Philly's defense was trash overall. Horrible scheme for all their acquired defensive playmakers.

Why do you think Brown turned out to be a good corner after being a backup for so many years? Because our scheme helped him develop better and played to his strengths. And just better coaches. He was always a solid backup though. It's like you forget that Nnamdi was considered an ELITE cornerback before he was sent to Philly. You think age is the reason he went from being considered elite to mediocre? There's no reason to think that Nnamdi can't regain the elite form he once had in our system. And when he does, he will be considered our best corner. Not to knock Brown. He earned his way into the starting lineup.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM ]

Scheme is everything. In Oakland he was a man up right corner. THAT'S IT
In Philly he was slot LCB and playing zone.
That's like putting sale Earnhardt in Indy league and wonder why he's sucking.

It's the same sport but completely different
Originally posted by 99problems:
Scheme is everything. In Oakland he was a man up right corner. THAT'S IT
In Philly he was slot LCB and playing zone.
That's like putting sale Earnhardt in Indy league and wonder why he's sucking.

It's the same sport but completely different

Earnhardt in Indy League? I have no idea what that means.
That dummy needs to fire his agent
This I don't get. He knows we signed Asomugha, tried to sign Eric Wright, drafted a CB and brought in more off rookies the street to honestly compete for a job. I'm sure he knows by now the coaching staff are high on Cully. He has to know that JH & Co. aren't all that happy with the playoff performance in the secondary, particularly the CB's. I sincerely hope he isn't pushing for a new contract, because if it is he's going about it completely wrong. This roster is full of talent, so Brown would have no leverage at all.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I see two possibilities for this:

1) He is an complete and utter fool.

or

2) He is so confident in himself and this "Wanting to train a different way because my body broke down towards the end of the season.." that he believes his improved performance will gain him more than what he lost by not training with the team as a result.

Hopefully it's #2, but I seem to remember people saying the team as a whole were the most in shape and conditioned going into the playoffs of any of the other playoff teams outside of the couple injuries at the end of the season. The team has a pretty damn excellent strength and conditioning staff. Hard to see the wisdom of him just tossing that money so he could train differently in Texas.

edit: reading the comments it seems family has a lot to do with this, that makes sense.

You forgot about possibility #3.

We have always been a year ahead on contracts. Maybe this team is already in talks with Brown on an extension and they said they will include that $2mil in the extension which will be agreed upon prior to the regular season.

So, they tell him they want to extend and say don't worry about losing that $2 mill because we will give it back to you in the extension offer.

AB,

any thoughts on numbers for a possible extension for Brown compared to what we have been doing for players who agree a year prior to their contract being up?
He should fire his agent!
many around here are going to be disappointed when we let Brown walk at the end of the season.
Originally posted by Joecool:

or

2) He is so confident in himself and this "Wanting to train a different way because my body broke down towards the end of the season.." that he believes his improved performance will gain him more than what he lost by not training with the team as a result.

Hopefully it's #2, but I seem to remember people saying the team as a whole were the most in shape and conditioned going into the playoffs of any of the other playoff teams outside of the couple injuries at the end of the season. The team has a pretty damn excellent strength and conditioning staff. Hard to see the wisdom of him just tossing that money so he could train differently in Texas.

edit: reading the comments it seems family has a lot to do with this, that makes sense.

We have always been a year ahead on contracts. Maybe this team is already in talks with Brown on an extension and they said they will include that $2mil in the extension which will be agreed upon prior to the regular season.

So, they tell him they want to extend and say don't worry about losing that $2 mill because we will give it back to you in the extension offer.

AB,

any thoughts on numbers for a possible extension for Brown compared to what we have been doing for players who agree a year prior to their contract being up?

I imagine Brown wants at least $7-8M a year, which I wouldn't pay, considering we need to reserve cap room for Kap, Iupati, Aldon, Cully and hopefully Crabs.
Or maybe he knows its a contract year, and wants to prepare his body for a career year before going into the offseason so he can get that big payday? Some of you guys are seriously over thinking this.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
He seems like he just wanted to try something different to me. Seems like no news but just a slow offseason topic.

Agree. If he is gonna want huge money after the year after throwing away $2 million like that then he will be gone for sure. It will all play itself out eventually.
Derp x 'finity.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

or

AB,

I hope it's #3. I want Brown to remain a 49ers for at least 3-4 more years. He's a solid CB.