LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After being underpaid for years and losing out on $2M, Brown is going to want the big dollar, long term contract that we're not going to give him. I like Tarrell and I want him to stay but you can't keep everybody and right now, he's pretty low on the priority list when you consider Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati, and even resigning Boldin. I'd rather resign young, up and coming talent like Brock and Culliver and look to the draft for quality depth than give Brown a big contract and I'm sure that is the approach the FO will take.

Originally posted by matt49er:
I subscribe to the you can't ever have enough good CBs rule of thumb. This is a big if, but IF we can get Brown, Brock & Wright back to join Culliver & the ST rookie guy (always forget his name) along w/a rookie I'd love that. But only if we can figure out a way to get Kaep, Aldon, Iupati and Crabs resigned. Would like to see Gore restructured with an ext, and Boldin brought back oh and Boone as well. As I type this out I don't see how we fit Brown in but if we can do it, otherwise no.

After reading this, it even furthers my conclusion that they're going to let Brown walk. Just no room to give him what other teams will offer him. Can't blame him for wanting to get paid.
That and the fact that before this scandal word was we believed we could upgrade Brown's position
I think they let Brown walk too. I'm sure they are trying to work out an extension but they won't overpay for a guy at his age who has been pretty solid but nothing spectacular. Tramaine Brock will be the most likely to get paid by the 49ers since he turns 26 in August going into next year. I think the 49ers will be happy with Brock and Culliver. Not sure what they'll do about Rogers and the slot corner job though... maybe another 1 year for Wright?
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
I think they let Brown walk too. I'm sure they are trying to work out an extension but they won't overpay for a guy at his age who has been pretty solid but nothing spectacular. Tramaine Brock will be the most likely to get paid by the 49ers since he turns 26 in August going into next year. I think the 49ers will be happy with Brock and Culliver. Not sure what they'll do about Rogers and the slot corner job though... maybe another 1 year for Wright?

And we will draft corners as well
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

And we will draft corners as well

Hopefully this time around they don't try to hide a good prospect on the practice squad only to have the Chiefs swoop in and steal him!! lol.

I'm kind of excited about that kid #40 who has been making plays as the gunner the last few games. His 4.3 speed should translate well to covering those quick slot receivers like Cobb and Harvin... he just needs to learn how to cover in the NFL and to avoid all the picks they use to free up slot WRs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I dont know who to believe, MM is always on top of 49ers info. And LaCanfora is usually wrong, dont see how CBS or NFLN gave him a job.

Nothing like contradictory reports to muddy the waters.

But, I do like the Blues.
Share 49ersWebzone