LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by ninergold:
This is pretty big. If they have Brown, a rehabb'd Cully, Wright, Morris and resign Brock, they're in great shape!

Agreed. Throw in Eric Reid, Donte Whitner, and/or a possible replacement and we're looking at a promising young secondary.

Going in healthy, we'll be the scariest team to face in the playoffs
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Hopefully a deal can get done and he takes less than the market. He has been our best CB going on 2-3 years now.

This. All day!

He's been stinking it up this year. It irritates me to see him give up 2 good receptions, then break up one pass and act like he's shutting people down all day.
I dont know who to believe, MM is always on top of 49ers info. And LaCanfora is usually wrong, dont see how CBS or NFLN gave him a job.

Brown idk if it's a smart re-sign. I worry about the cost. Is it gonna be a long term deal, if true, or just a 1yr extension? And he probably gets whatever is left of our cap room right now. So idk.
I think Brown is going to ask for more money, he's turning 29 and knows that his age is going to slow him down soon, so he's going for a big contract with more guaranteed money, and the Niners won't give him that.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I dont know who to believe, MM is always on top of 49ers info. And LaCanfora is usually wrong, dont see how CBS or NFLN gave him a job.

Brown idk if it's a smart re-sign. I worry about the cost. Is it gonna be a long term deal, if true, or just a 1yr extension? And he probably gets whatever is left of our cap room right now. So idk.

With the development of Brock and Baalke's confidence in Wright, I don't see how resigning Brown is a top priority.

And if I was Brown, I'd want to recoup that money in Free Agency to the team that will pay me the highest dollar. And in return, the 49ers will be in position to gain a 3rd round comp pick in 2015.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I think Brown is going to ask for more money, he's turning 29 and knows that his age is going to slow him down soon, so he's going for a big contract with more guaranteed money, and the Niners won't give him that.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting to get paid. He has one contract left and the guy was on 5th round rookie pay then we re-signed him a few years in for like 1.5 a year. He has been underpaid since 08. Agree, someone else can give him more so it will depend on if he wants to win or get paid. I think what's going on is we are throwing out our offer (probably low) and maybe coming up a bit but Brown's agent is looking for a lot more even more so now to recoup that 2 mil he lost. I think that hurt his chances of re-signing here even more. Again, I'm not so sure I want to re-sign him because he will be 29 and want a 4-5 year deal. At his age I'd say 1-2 is more like it but no way he goes for that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I agree. We don't need to sign Brown, we've got Wright and Brock who are both capable starters.
I want Brown . I want depth
Originally posted by Zachary:
I want Brown . I want depth

Okay! That just don't sound right dude!
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM ]
We have culliver Brock ad wright but need one more in case of injury, depth so brown would be cheaper than Rogers and is better. Hopefully he signs a one to two year extension for z4-5 a year

Originally posted by mayo49:
Yeah, I agree. We don't need to sign Brown, we've got Wright and Brock who are both capable starters.

No!! Seriously Mayo NO!! Brown is better than both of those guys. When was the last time Wright played in a meaningful game? How can you even say he's a capable starter. He was a capable starter. Whether or not he can still play remains to be seen. Brown is the guy and I hope we keep him in a 49ers uniform.
I subscribe to the you can't ever have enough good CBs rule of thumb. This is a big if, but IF we can get Brown, Brock & Wright back to join Culliver & the ST rookie guy (always forget his name) along w/a rookie I'd love that. But only if we can figure out a way to get Kaep, Aldon, Iupati and Crabs resigned. Would like to see Gore restructured with an ext, and Boldin brought back oh and Boone as well. As I type this out I don't see how we fit Brown in but if we can do it, otherwise no.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

No!! Seriously Mayo NO!! Brown is better than both of those guys. When was the last time Wright played in a meaningful game? How can you even say he's a capable starter. He was a capable starter. Whether or not he can still play remains to be seen. Brown is the guy and I hope we keep him in a 49ers uniform.

Browns about to hit 29, he's on his last legs. Why pay him all the money when we've got 2 similar players already?
  • thl408
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Agreed. Brown deserves to look for top dollar as this will most likely be his last big contract. 49ers should not be the highest bidder when all is said and done. Of course I would like him back, but it's a numbers game and Brown loses to Boldin and Brock in the short term. Committing anything more than $3 annually to Brown on a multi year deal can hamper the ability to re-sign the 2014 UFAs (Crabs, Iupati, Aldon). No way Brown takes $3.

Can we trade him for Cooper? LOL
Share 49ersWebzone