LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
rather have a Cully (if 100%) and Brock start at CB next year. not only do i think it's a strong young duo, it'll help save money to re-sign our stars.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
rather have a Cully (if 100%) and Brock start at CB next year. not only do i think it's a strong young duo, it'll help save money to re-sign our stars.

I wouldn't. Brown is the best CB we have. By far.

that may be true but brown is a stud and hes young. you can never have enough good young corners

I'm with this. I highly the FO is jumping up and down to sign Tarell Brown to a big contract when they still have Kap and Aldon to negotiate with and also Crabtree and/or Iupati coming up in the near future as well. Brock has developed nicely, will continue to develop and get even better and if Cully comes back strong, I think we'll be fine, plus we can draft a CB or two in the first 2 or 3 rounds in what should be a pretty good DB class to continue to build a strong, youthful secondary.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I'm with this. I highly the FO is jumping up and down to sign Tarell Brown to a big contract when they still have Kap and Aldon to negotiate with and also Crabtree and/or Iupati coming up in the near future as well. Brock has developed nicely, will continue to develop and get even better and if Cully comes back strong, I think we'll be fine, plus we can draft a CB or two in the first 2 or 3 rounds in what should be a pretty good DB class to continue to build a strong, youthful secondary.

i think aldon's recent troubles pushed back his extension to be honest. I think they want to make sure hes not crazy before they give him a monster contract. he might play out his rookie deal or most of it before he gets an extension
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

i think aldon's recent troubles pushed back his extension to be honest. I think they want to make sure hes not crazy before they give him a monster contract. he might play out his rookie deal or most of it before he gets an extension

True.
Hopefully a deal can get done and he takes less than the market. He has been our best CB going on 2-3 years now.
[ Edited by 5280High on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Hopefully a deal can get done and he takes less than the market. He has been our best CB going on 2-3 years now.

This. All day!
If we do sign him I hope we remember he is about to be 29 in January. I believe we signed Rogers at 29 as well. Not saying he won't work out better than Rogers who has been decent to solid but obviously not worth the 4 years and 32 million. Rogers should have got 2-3 years at about 10-15. I know Brown has been more consistent and didn't just have 1 good year but you never know after guys get money they usually let down and also 29 for a CB is getting up there. I'd stick to a 2-3 year deal and maybe give more per a year to keep it 2-3 years instead of give less and make it a 4-5 year deal. I wouldn't give him 4-5 years, 2-3 is my # but I'm sure Brown's agent wants 4-5. I don't know maybe we should be working on Brock who is 4 years younger. I wouldn't break the bank on him you never know if he is a contract year guy and will let down. Either way I think we would want 2 back at least from Brown/Brock/Wright/Cox. Throw that in with Culliver and probably a high pick (maybe 1st round). Then Morris is #4 or #5 and a ST guy. Rogers could be in the mix if he takes a huge pay cut but not sure he will.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I agree, they have him signed through next year and then we could obviously use the tag on him for 2015, no big rush IMO, make sure dude is able to get through the off season without firing guns off or running his car into a tree. I really hope they put a ton of conditions into that contract.

i dont think this new alleged contract is going to break the bank IMO.
I am skeptical about resigning T Brown because we have so many others to extend and a slew of draft picks. Plus we might keep Cully Brock and Wright cheaper
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I am skeptical about resigning T Brown because we have so many others to extend and a slew of draft picks. Plus we might keep Cully Brock and Wright cheaper

Keep all 4 of those guys, draft a young guy and cut Rogers. I want us to keep our depth at CB
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Keep all 4 of those guys, draft a young guy and cut Rogers. I want us to keep our depth at CB

So long as it doesn't cost us Kap Aldon Iupati and Crabtree
Originally posted by 5280High:

he's solid
Share 49ersWebzone