LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
@BWilliamsonESPN #49ers Fact that Tarrell Brown contract nearing is no surprise. Trent Baalke said team was very interested.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/397034699568463872

@JasonLaCanfora 49ers CB Tarell Brown, who lost out on $2M offseason workout bonus, should have new deal this month:

Good news if true. Brown has been a solid, above-average talent at CB for the Niners. When Wright gets into the mix and shows what he can do at CB (and, maybe the team then extends his contract?), suddently we're looking pretty good going into next year with Culliver returning, maybe Brock being re-signed, the team adding a quality CB or two in the draft...the question becomes is there room for Cox and Morris? Cox is a restricted free agent so the team could more easily hold on to him...just not sure what the team thinks of him. The fact that he can be brought back pretty cheaply and he offers something on Special Teams gives him more of a chance to stick around.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
@BWilliamsonESPN #49ers Fact that Tarrell Brown contract nearing is no surprise. Trent Baalke said team was very interested.

A resigning of Brown spells the end for Carlos Rogers as a 49er in 2014, especially with Brock's emergence and Wright coming back.

Side note: Bill Williamson brings nothing to the 49ers ESPN blog. I truly miss Mike Sando in that capacity.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by English:

@JasonLaCanfora 49ers CB Tarell Brown, who lost out on $2M offseason workout bonus, should have new deal this month:

This is great to hear hes been a solid corner here he deserves to be extended. I also saw the Seahawks could lose Browner and Thurmon to FA this offseason what do you guys think about going after one of them? i would love having Browner here he would make us a whole lot better.

We aren't going to pay their money. We aren't going to pay any FA the big bucks. That just isn't the philosophy of the team. Building through the draft and paying your own best players, then picking up some bargains.

And do I want mouthy Seahawks? Um, no.

Your right i do think hes a great corner though but if he wants to much money i know other teams are dumb enough to pay it. Part of me wants him just to stick it to seattle

I hope the Niners call (Browner Nose) him for a visit, beat his azz in the locker room, then we can't sign him cause he's injured
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninergold:
This is pretty big. If they have Brown, a rehabb'd Cully, Wright, Morris and resign Brock, they're in great shape!

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by English:

This is great to hear hes been a solid corner here he deserves to be extended. I also saw the Seahawks could lose Browner and Thurmon to FA this offseason what do you guys think about going after one of them? i would love having Browner here he would make us a whole lot better.

We aren't going to pay their money. We aren't going to pay any FA the big bucks. That just isn't the philosophy of the team. Building through the draft and paying your own best players, then picking up some bargains.

And do I want mouthy Seahawks? Um, no.

Your right i do think hes a great corner though but if he wants to much money i know other teams are dumb enough to pay it. Part of me wants him just to stick it to seattle

I hope the Niners call (Browner Nose) him for a visit, beat his azz in the locker room, then we can't sign him cause he's injured

I don't want a 30 year old big cb who depends on holding. On top of that paying him big money
Originally posted by GEEK:

A resigning of Brown spells the end for Carlos Rogers as a 49er in 2014, especially with Brock's emergence and Wright coming back.

Side note: Bill Williamson brings nothing to the 49ers ESPN blog. I truly miss Mike Sando in that capacity.

I'm warming up to Williamson. I thought he did some good work over in London and he wrote a really good piece on Aldon Smith's return the other day.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by ninergold:
This is pretty big. If they have Brown, a rehabb'd Cully, Wright, Morris and resign Brock, they're in great shape!

Agreed. Throw in Eric Reid, Donte Whitner, and/or a possible replacement and we're looking at a promising young secondary.
Matt Maiocco just said the exact opposite and that "he is on pace" to become a free agent so....

I'm warming up to Williamson. I thought he did some good work over in London and he wrote a really good piece on Aldon Smith's return the other day.

I thought Williamson was easily the worst blogger of all the divisions, so needless to say I was bummed when he was assigned to the 49ers. Sando was great.
Also from lacrapfora it appears as though Jim harbaugh will sign with the Miami Dolphins Lol happy April lacrapfora!!!
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Also from lacrapfora it appears as though Jim harbaugh will sign with the Miami Dolphins Lol happy April lacrapfora!!!

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2011/04/this-morning-on-my-radio-show-armando-and-the-amigo-nfl-network-insider-jason-lacanfora-was-on-for-his-usual-thursday-morni.html

lol and apparently he said the Dolphins were taking Kap at 15 for sure. Then this Miami writer goes on about how Dalton is a way better prospect.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Matt Maiocco just said the exact opposite and that "he is on pace" to become a free agent so....

Yup. Sounds like the more realistic scenario in this case. Cannot believe people actually bought into Lacanfora's BS. Dude is not a reliable source.
Marcus Cooper with a great play
Share 49ersWebzone