LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Tarell Brown skips workout program-voids $2M salary escalator, holdout coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
niners better not give brown s**t unless it's a contract extension that puts some cash in his pocket and locks him up for a few years. not the teams responsibility to compensate brown when he didn't live up to his end of the contract

He's an upcoming free agent. No way we pay him extra without an extension.
I'd like to see the FO give him a chance to earn it back based on great play and making it back to the SB
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The agent is responsible. The agent didn't do his job. T Brown job was to play football. Brown did his job well. The agent dropped the ball. No excuse to be made for overstreet

Definitely the agent is to blame but so is Brown.

If all of us here knew it, he surely should have known it.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I'd like to see the FO give him a chance to earn it back based on great play and making it back to the SB

He's in a contract year. He already has enough incentive.
The agent is responsible. The agent didn't do his job. T Brown job was to play football. Brown did his job well. The agent dropped the ball. No excuse to be made for overstreet

Brown should sue.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Brown should of been at 49ers HQ. He should of read the contract, he is to blame also. The 49ers aren't gonna fork over $2M to say we're sorry you and your agent are dumbasses.

Sure you can say that because it was his signature on the document. It's just from my professional experience when a patient gives me doctor orders it is my job to read them. They entrust me to do it because oftentimes they can't. Then I must counsel them on my work then they sign and pay for service. Maybe legal jargon is easier to read but doctor orders take a trained eye and understanding of lingo and therapeutic intent. I will give TBrown some blame but I hold the agent responsible for dropping the ball
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Brown should sue.

A good idea! Many agents have insurance for malpractice, though I don't think it is mandatory. But then...Brown would have to find a lawyer he could trust!

Brown should of been at 49ers HQ. He should of read the contract, he is to blame also. The 49ers aren't gonna fork over $2M to say we're sorry you and your agent are dumbasses.

Sure you can say that because it was his signature on the document. It's just from my professional experience when a patient gives me doctor orders it is my job to read them. They entrust me to do it because oftentimes they can't. Then I must counsel them on my work then they sign and pay for service. Maybe legal jargon is easier to read but doctor orders take a trained eye and understanding of lingo and therapeutic intent. I will give TBrown some blame but I hold the agent responsible for dropping the ball

It's 50-50, he should of asked his Agent, or Lawyer about the language, he is still gonna look like an idiot. Also the language isnt that difficult, it clearly states what the player must do to receive the money. He didn't read it, thats Brown's fault. The 49ers dont owe Brown anything, and this make it right is bs. either extend Brown for 3yrs, or let him walk. He will be 30, and if signed for big deal, whoever the teams fans will b***h that he is old and washed up.
It's 50-50, he should of asked his Agent, or Lawyer about the language, he is still gonna look like an idiot. Also the language isnt that difficult, it clearly states what the player must do to receive the money. He didn't read it, thats Brown's fault. The 49ers dont owe Brown anything, and this make it right is bs. either extend Brown for 3yrs, or let him walk. He will be 30, and if signed for big deal, whoever the teams fans will b***h that he is old and washed up.

True. I have to assume Brown has some college so he should be able to read. I just assumed it could be tricky but perhaps not. I don't feel the Niners should give him anything. The facilities and staff are always available and he chose not to come. His fault
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/harbaugh-says-team-didnt-know-about-tarell-brown-workout-clause/

Florio is a douche.

Yup, he went to my alma mater, U of Texas. So he did go to college, but it seems reading contracts wasn't one of his majors. 20 pages ago I suggested Tarrell should get his 10% back from his agent,( $800K, could that be right?), and have 9ers pay him his $1.2 for showing up on 2nd day. That is a win /win for tarrell and 9ers, and 9ers look good in doing so. It is a loss for the agent. That said:

Honestly, I like ABs suggestion of extending, where tarrell gets more cash money than $2mil, but extends for 3 yrs. Bang, it's done, we get a good deal, Brown gets his money, everybody goes away a winner. All NFL players learn to read their contracts.. Another win.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=59282

Harbaugh gets it.

True. I have to assume Brown has some college so he should be able to read. I just assumed it could be tricky but perhaps not. I don't feel the Niners should give him anything. The facilities and staff are always available and he chose not to come. His fault

True. If you ever read the CBA, you will want to kill yourself, it's worst thing to read, so many terms.
Also PillBusta, wasn't trying to come off the wrong way. I just hate hearing the make it right thing, it would show the wrong message to others. Not saying you said make it right, I agree with your assessment.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/harbaugh-says-team-didnt-know-about-tarell-brown-workout-clause/

Florio is a douche.

He is a big time douche. Can't stand him, got a big job, now thinks he is better than everyone else.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=59282

Harbaugh gets it.

Yep. I hope they get it right, and extend him like i have been saying, not a long long term deal, maybe 4 yr total.
Share 49ersWebzone