There are 176 users in the forums

Where do you put the current 90 man roster in tier wise, 4 tiers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Love the site AB

Thanks man. Working on getting the tables to sort.

Also got a lot in the works for pigskinprospects.com, gonna be doing some player previews in the coming weeks for the 2014 draft.

Get it going man! It could be my primary "go-to" site! We need a choice!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Daniels is likely based on what?.....

Tolzien can beat him.

More upside IMO SD. Tolzien has his work cut out for him. Daniels is willing to do more, WR, RS, QB and RB. Tolzien seems overrated by the webzone.

Blasphemy! It's not too late to repent your sins.

Honestly though I think Daniels goes to the Practice Squad. I don't think another team would swipe him away right away.

Pete Carroll . . . he'd swipe him away in a heartbeat. He'd be a perfect back-up to RW.

I agree with AB re Tolzien. Last season, according to the WZ he was being groomed to take over this year or next. Kaepernick? He was headed for the waiver wire. Hell he wasn't even credible trade bait.

As for different skills between your starting and back-up QB. Seriously!?? Sorry but that's just dumb. Like not being able to run is ever a skill that's worthwhile. Or that a QB who can run simply is not/cannot be a passing QB.
Also, this not college where trade off between QBs during the game. This is the NFL: You don't do QB substitutions (unless your starter is injured). Your offense is geared to the skills of your starter. You don't tailor your game to the back-ups skills. So you want your back-up to resemble your starter as closely as possible. And it's laughable to suggest that you ever want your passer to be a poor passer. What's being said is: "Kaepernick is a running QB. We also need a passing QB".

Epic fail!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Daniels is likely based on what?.....

Tolzien can beat him.

More upside IMO SD. Tolzien has his work cut out for him. Daniels is willing to do more, WR, RS, QB and RB. Tolzien seems overrated by the webzone.

Blasphemy! It's not too late to repent your sins.

Honestly though I think Daniels goes to the Practice Squad. I don't think another team would swipe him away right away.

Pete Carroll . . . he'd swipe him away in a heartbeat. He'd be a perfect back-up to RW.

I agree with AB re Tolzien. Last season, according to the WZ he was being groomed to take over this year or next. Kaepernick? He was headed for the waiver wire. Hell he wasn't even credible trade bait.

As for different skills between your starting and back-up QB. Seriously!?? Sorry but that's just dumb. Like not being able to run is ever a skill that's worthwhile. Or that a QB who can run simply is not/cannot be a passing QB.
Also, this not college where trade off between QBs during the game. This is the NFL: You don't do QB substitutions (unless your starter is injured). Your offense is geared to the skills of your starter. You don't tailor your game to the back-ups skills. So you want your back-up to resemble your starter as closely as possible. And it's laughable to suggest that you ever want your passer to be a poor passer. What's being said is: "Kaepernick is a running QB. We also need a passing QB".

Epic fail!

Agreed 100%. I wouldn't even be surprised if Pete Carroll had already spoken to BJ's agent just in case we cut him. This kid, if groomed properly, he has the potential to be Russell Wilson 2.0.

If Baalke and Harbaugh cuts him, it would be a huge mistake and will only come back to bite us in our rear end.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice, site AB.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Locks:
QB: Kaepernick, McCoy
RB: Gore, James, Hunter (Lattimore)
FB: Miller
OT: Staley, Davis, Snyder
OG: Iupati, Boone, Looney
C: Kilgore
TE: Davis, McDonald
WR: Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Manningham, Williams (Crabtree)

DL: Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, Williams, Dial
OLB: Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Moody
S: Reid, Dahl
CB: Brown, Culliver
S/T: Lee, Dawson

TOTAL: 39

Likely:

QB: Daniels
RB: Dixon
FB:
OT:
OG:
C: Goodwin
TE:
WR: Lockette (at least initially)

DL: Tukuafu
OLB:
ILB: Skuta
S: Whitner, Spillman
CB: Rogers, Asomugha, Brock
S/T: Jennings

TOTAL: 13

OVERALL: 52

Guys I'd Like To Make The Team:
QB:
RB: Hampton
FB:
OT: Bykowski
OG:
C:
TE: Gray
WR: Osgood

DL: Dobbs, Okoye
OLB: Johnson
ILB: Wilhoite
S:
CB: Cooper, Morris
S/T:

TOTAL: 10

OVERALL TOTAL: 62

Goodwin isn't a lock? He's currently the starting center. Jenkins should be listed in your second group.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Goodwin isn't a lock? He's currently the starting center. Jenkins should be listed in your second group.

Jenkins is lining up with the 1st string group and he is a 1st round pick. There is a lot invested in him. He will make the team easy. He's a lock.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Goodwin has a big contract, and if they see Kilgore as an equivalent talent, I could see Goodwin not making the final 53 (I do think he makes it, but just not a lock)
Share 49ersWebzone