There are 191 users in the forums

Where do you put the current 90 man roster in tier wise, 4 tiers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.ninercaphell.com/roster/

I have them sorted right now by position.

Tier's would be, Locks, Looking Good but need work to do, Bubble guys, and camp fodder.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the site AB
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Love the site AB

Thanks man. Working on getting the tables to sort.

Also got a lot in the works for pigskinprospects.com, gonna be doing some player previews in the coming weeks for the 2014 draft.
Locks:
QB: Kaepernick, McCoy
RB: Gore, James, Hunter (Lattimore)
FB: Miller
OT: Staley, Davis, Snyder
OG: Iupati, Boone, Looney
C: Kilgore
TE: Davis, McDonald
WR: Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Manningham, Williams (Crabtree)

DL: Smith, Dorsey, McDonald, Carradine, Williams, Dial
OLB: Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Moody
S: Reid, Dahl
CB: Brown, Culliver
S/T: Lee, Dawson

TOTAL: 39

Likely:

QB: Daniels
RB: Dixon
FB:
OT:
OG:
C: Goodwin
TE:
WR: Lockette (at least initially)

DL: Tukuafu
OLB:
ILB: Skuta
S: Whitner, Spillman
CB: Rogers, Asomugha, Brock
S/T: Jennings

TOTAL: 13

OVERALL: 52

Guys I'd Like To Make The Team:
QB:
RB: Hampton
FB:
OT: Bykowski
OG:
C:
TE: Gray
WR: Osgood

DL: Dobbs, Okoye
OLB: Johnson
ILB: Wilhoite
S:
CB: Cooper, Morris
S/T:

TOTAL: 10

OVERALL TOTAL: 62
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jul 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Locks:

Likely:

FB:
OT:
OG:
TE:

OLB:

QB:
FB:
OG:
C:

S:
S/T:

Daniels is likely based on what?.....

Tolzien can beat him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Tolzien can beat him.

More upside IMO SD. Tolzien has his work cut out for him. Daniels is willing to do more, WR, RS, QB and RB. Tolzien seems overrated by the webzone.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Tolzien can beat him.

Based on every bit of information that is out there :

• Impressive highlights
  • Dual threat QB with a complete game
  • Fits in well with the direction our offense is heading i.e. Pistol and read option
  • His skills set is multi-faceted, aside from QB, he can and is willing to play any other position such as WR, RB, KR, PR, you name it
  • Overall, far higher upside

Honestly ? I am not even worried about Tolzien. You give him some time to simmer behind Kap and McCoy, he can even challenge McCoy.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Tolzien can beat him.

More upside IMO SD. Tolzien has his work cut out for him. Daniels is willing to do more, WR, RS, QB and RB. Tolzien seems overrated by the webzone.

Blasphemy! It's not too late to repent your sins.

Honestly though I think Daniels goes to the Practice Squad. I don't think another team would swipe him away right away.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Locks:

Likely:

FB:
OT:
OG:
TE:

OLB:

QB:
FB:
OG:
C:

S:
S/T:

Looks pretty good but like I said IMO Daniels goes to the PS for his rookie year. I also think that Perrish Cox makes it over Brock. Also think we'll carry a 3rd TE. Gray is another good PS candidate and Celek on the team.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Tolzien can beat him.

Blasphemy! It's not too late to repent your sins.

Honestly though I think Daniels goes to the Practice Squad. I don't think another team would swipe him away right away.

Daniels is more likely to make the practice squad. Tolzien is more likely to make the team.

Originally posted by Rascal:

Tolzien can beat him.

Based on every bit of information that is out there :

• Impressive highlights
  • Dual threat QB with a complete game
  • Fits in well with the direction our offense is heading i.e. Pistol and read option
  • His skills set is multi-faceted, aside from QB, he can and is willing to play any other position such as WR, RB, KR, PR, you name it
  • Overall, far higher upside

Honestly ? I am not even worried about Tolzien. You give him some time to simmer behind Kap and McCoy, he can even challenge McCoy.

Not everybody needs to run the Pistol and Read Option. Colt McCoy doesn't do that. Tolzien doesn't do that. And we don't really need 2 running QB's. We got one already. A different skill set in a backup is fine.

I think there is a misinterpretation on the WZ that Harbaugh wants all running QB's because Kaep is. IMO Kaep is a unique talent liked by Harbaugh for his arm strength, size, speed, athleticism. But I don't think it is the only type of QB he likes. Luck at Stanford was nothing like that. Harbaugh himself was nothing like that. I think he can see other types of QB's being effective in different roles is what I'm saying.

Lost in all this too is Tolzien was always a Harbaugh pet project. He specifically wanted to grab him from San Diego. And he has always looked good in preseason. His reads are good, he gets the ball out quick and he's accurate. Tolzien can be a good backup. Plus he's been around for a while and knows Harbaughs system and all the plays and players. Daniels will be very raw by comparison IMO.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Not everybody needs to run the Pistol and Read Option. Colt McCoy doesn't do that. Tolzien doesn't do that. And we don't really need 2 running QB's. We got one already. A different skill set in a backup is fine.

I think there is a misinterpretation on the WZ that Harbaugh wants all running QB's because Kaep is. IMO Kaep is a unique talent liked by Harbaugh for his arm strength, size, speed, athleticism. But I don't think it is the only type of QB he likes. Luck at Stanford was nothing like that. Harbaugh himself was nothing like that. I think he can see other types of QB's being effective in different roles is what I'm saying.

Lost in all this too is Tolzien was always a Harbaugh pet project. He specifically wanted to grab him from San Diego. And he has always looked good in preseason. His reads are good, he gets the ball out quick and he's accurate. Tolzien can be a good backup. Plus he's been around for a while and knows Harbaughs system and all the plays and players. Daniels will be very raw by comparison IMO.

I am not saying all Harbaugh wants from now on are dual threat QBs. But, what I will say about Harbaugh and Greg Roman is they pride themselves in being able to think out of the box. It is just my opinion that dual threat QBs are the way forward. Note, I don't like to call them "running QBs" cos Kap can throw just as well as any QBs out there. In other words, if you can have the best of both worlds, why not ? I am not saying is a must, but if you can find the talent, you should take full advantage of it. In the past, NFL teams were just way too conservative in accepting dual threat QBs or had the micconception if they could run then they had to be crap in throwing the ball which is so far from the truth these days with QBs like Kap, Wilson and RG3. As for Luck, personally I happen to think he is way overrated. QBs who can only throw to me is just passe. Or ask yourself this, would you rather have Luck or Kap ? BJ might not have the experience, but here is the thing, it takes a good eye to be able to pick out a great talent. Look at Russell Wilson, 5'10", dual threat QB, as much as I hate to say it, I think Pete Carroll made a brilliant call. While experience can be useful, it is a chicken and egg thing, if you don't let the person play he will never have the experience. Ultimately, you will still need to play the guy before you can truly find out whether he has it. Just look at Kap, next to no experience before the Rams game and the rest is history.

Furthermore, I think the teams are now realizing how incredibly effective the Pistol and read option is. Last season, only the 9ers, Seahawks, Skins and the Panthers ran it. This coming season you will find at least another three teams joining the ranks, namely the Eagles, the Bears and the Chiefs. Is definitely catching on, I forsee going forward teams will try to hone in on talents that can do both. I think college coaches will try to groom up more dual threat QBs.

Seriously ? Looking ahead to the future, I believe you will only handicap your team if you don't have a dual threat QB cos quite frankly there is simply no reason not to.
Originally posted by Rascal:

I am not saying all Harbaugh wants from now on are dual threat QBs. But, what I will say about Harbaugh and Greg Roman is they pride themselves in being able to think out of the box. It is just my opinion that dual threat QBs are the way forward. Note, I don't like to call them "running QBs" cos Kap can throw just as well as any QBs out there. In other words, if you can have the best of both worlds, why not ? I am not saying is a must, but if you can find the talent, you should take full advantage of it. In the past, NFL teams were just way too conservative in accepting dual threat QBs or had the micconception if they could run then they had to be crap in throwing the ball which is so far from the truth these days with QBs like Kap, Wilson and RG3. As for Luck, personally I happen to think he is way overrated. QBs who can only throw to me is just passe. Or ask yourself this, would you rather have Luck or Kap ? BJ might not have the experience, but here is the thing, it takes a good eye to be able to pick out a great talent. Look at Russell Wilson, 5'10", dual threat QB, as much as I hate to say it, I think Pete Carroll made a brilliant call. While experience can be useful, it is a chicken and egg thing, if you don't let the person play he will never have the experience. Ultimately, you will still need to play the guy before you can truly find out whether he has it. Just look at Kap, next to no experience before the Rams game and the rest is history.

Furthermore, I think the teams are now realizing how incredibly effective the Pistol and read option is. Last season, only the 9ers, Seahawks, Skins and the Panthers ran it. This coming season you will find at least another three teams joining the ranks, namely the Eagles, the Bears and the Chiefs. Is definitely catching on, I forsee going forward teams will try to hone in on talents that can do both. I think college coaches will try to groom up more dual threat QBs.

Seriously ? Looking ahead to the future, I believe you will only handicap your team if you don't have a dual threat QB cos quite frankly there is simply no reason not to.

We got that in Kaepernick. We don't need it in out backup.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Daniels is a bit slow to be a read option Qb.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Daniels is a bit slow to be a read option Qb.

Slow ? LOL. Have you watched his highlights on YouTube ?
Share 49ersWebzone