There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers: Pay Cut Or No Pay Cut.

Carlos Rogers: Pay Cut Or No Pay Cut.

Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
He is not getting paid 8 million next year unless he makes the probowl this year. PERIOD. (.!)

I don't care if he makes the pro bowl & wins Super Bowl MVP he is not getting $8 million from the 49ers next year!!
This is a sport for the owners, a player signs a 40 mill contract and he's lucky if collects 18. All contracts are back-loaded, if a player sees 10% of the final year he's lucky. It's such a cut throat game, I'm all for the players getting every penny they can.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
He is not getting paid 8 million next year unless he makes the probowl this year. PERIOD. (.!)

I don't care if he makes the pro bowl & wins Super Bowl MVP he is not getting $8 million from the 49ers next year!!

OH SNAPS. YOU TOLD CARLOS ROGERS....
He's a good boundary corner, just sucks in the slot. Where's the just cut option? I think we'd be fine without him because Aso and I'd let Cully n Brown try the slot
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This is a sport for the owners, a player signs a 40 mill contract and he's lucky if collects 18. All contracts are back-loaded, if a player sees 10% of the final year he's lucky. It's such a cut throat game, I'm all for the players getting every penny they can.

Whilst I to an extent agree with you, just reconsider what you have said. In a relatively short period of time he is possibly going to earn "only" $18 million. Plus whatever he can negotiate separately.

How will he cope?
This has become the norm in the NFL. Most salaries are highest at the tail end and if your production doesnt match you are either cur or restructured. Rogers should be no exception. We have plenty of depth to make up for it this year. This shouldnt even be a story.
I know this thread is about Carlos...but did anybody else know about this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-cb-tarell-brown-voids-2-million-salary-120021051.html

Maybe I missed it, but this is the first I head about Brown being unhappy and/or us picking up that cap space.
If Carlos can play like he did in 2011, he shouldn't get a pay cut. However, for that to happen, the pass rush will also have to play up to 2011 version or beyond.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If Carlos can play like he did in 2011, he shouldn't get a pay cut. However, for that to happen, the pass rush will also have to play up to 2011 version or beyond.

Well said. He can redeem himself, and the entire defensive front can help him get to that point.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-cb-tarell-brown-voids-2-million-salary-120021051.html

Maybe I missed it, but this is the first I head about Brown being unhappy and/or us picking up that cap space.

Wow, that is a big deal. We had better hope that Nnamdi comes back to form. That is also a huge gamble on Brown's part. He gave up 2 out of 3 million, apparently to protest not getting a long term deal.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Wow, that is a big deal. We had better hope that Nnamdi comes back to form. That is also a huge gamble on Brown's part. He gave up 2 out of 3 million, apparently to protest not getting a long term deal.
I mean it looks like he basically threw 2 million in workout out bonuses in the trash just to workout in TX. That money has nothing at all to do with getting new contract. Not really a gamble he just gave that money away. The gamble will be if he doesn't show for training camp and getting on the bad side of management and coaches.
There is no way I give up a $2 million workout bonus. But the players know their bodies and he is looking at a contract year again. With potentially 6 top 100 picks we better find some talent in the secondary next spring. Wow!
Originally posted by English:
Whilst I to an extent agree with you, just reconsider what you have said. In a relatively short period of time he is possibly going to earn "only" $18 million. Plus whatever he can negotiate separately.

How will he cope?

It's a hell of a lot less than 40 million.
I wonder what kind of pay day Brown is looking for. Rogers' salary could go a long way towards extending Brown.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
I wonder what kind of pay day Brown is looking for. Rogers' salary could go a long way towards extending Brown.

Could guarantee probably Goldson big.