There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could Crabtree be looking for Mike Williams money next year?

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I could see him giving us a little discount because he absolutely loves Kap.

But I could also see a team throw 10+ mill a year at him

I think that as Kaep grows more cozy with the offense, he will learn to spread the ball around more.. which is the Harbaugh way. So even if he loves Kaep, he will want production and money more. I see him leaving for the money AND to a team willing to make him their # 1 weapon.

Umm...Crabtree already is the #1 weapon on this team. If he is just about getting paid big bucks then we might lose him, otherwise I feel he will stay because he is already in the best system for his skill set and one of the top notch franchises.

Perhaps could have been worded better. My point was... we are likely to be spreading the ball around. I think Crabtree would rather go to a team that pays him more and will prioritize him more in their offense (to give him more pass attempts his way and therefore bigger numbers)
I agree completely McGib. I have posted elsewhere that I expect the Peyton method of spreading the ball around to as many as 8 guys per game. That way, one of your "favored" receivers goes down, it doesn't make that much difference. Look for these guys to be getting passes most games:
Vance
Anquan
Vernon,
Patton,
LMJ
Frank
Kyle
Hunter
Miller
Celek
and who knows, maybe more. Coach saw what happened when he went to NFCC with one receiver, Crbs...and Vernon. He saw what happened in SB when we had already lost Mario, kyle, and hunter, and had become a one receiver team...Crbs. Hence, I believe he is going to emulate Peyton's....a little bit here, a little bit there. By games end, as many as 8 guys may have caught passes. Ergo, I don't see a $10 mil WR out there. Somewhere else, maybe, but not here.
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the injury will force Crabtree to walk. Crabtree has only had one 1k season, plus he has had a fair number of injuries. That will cause the 49ers to value him less. Crabtree will probably look at this 1k season as the floor and that he will achieve even greater numbers in the future (plus never get injured). I see the 2 sides starting very far apart in numbers, and not able to come together.

I think the injury will force Crabtree to sign a 1 year deal worth around 4.5 million with the 49ers then he leaves for a big paycheck.
i don't think crabs will give this team a discount. He sounds selfish.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Did I imply that he was a free agent this coming offseason?

I thought so, but I have been wrong before. Sorry.

His value has not been set yet.

He has one full season to play with the 49ers, before he reaches free agency.

If he plays well, his market value should increase.

There is a good chance that next year's free agency will increase the market value of wide receivers in general.

Using current contracts to put a dollar figure on what he can get in free agency in two years seems problematic.

At least, I do not feel capable of doing it.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the injury will force Crabtree to walk. Crabtree has only had one 1k season, plus he has had a fair number of injuries. That will cause the 49ers to value him less. Crabtree will probably look at this 1k season as the floor and that he will achieve even greater numbers in the future (plus never get injured). I see the 2 sides starting very far apart in numbers, and not able to come together.

Good point. I see it similar to Julian Peterson. Fantastic player but was injured too much while in a 49er uniform thus lowering his value with the team. But some other team will see what he was like when healthy and pay him as if he is always healthy. This then prices him out of range for the 49ers.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I could see him giving us a little discount because he absolutely loves Kap.

But I could also see a team throw 10+ mill a year at him

I think that as Kaep grows more cozy with the offense, he will learn to spread the ball around more.. which is the Harbaugh way. So even if he loves Kaep, he will want production and money more. I see him leaving for the money AND to a team willing to make him their # 1 weapon.

Perhaps the next question should be which teams might be interested to sign Crab ? Hmm...
Belechick would stab his mom in the eye for a healthy Crabtree right about now.

You read my mind. The Pats are in a real bad shape right now. I am thinking heck may be the Dolphins might have a chance to take AFC East.
First, I feel he'll want WAYYY more than we're willing to pay. Only conjecture on my part but I'm basing it on his agent's initial dealing with us.

Hopefully, and maybe a blessing in disguise, will be the emergence of another receiver or 2 to fill-in for him during his rehab.

Baalke will make the best decision for the "Team" and I feel Crabs leaves for the green elsewhere.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
First, I feel he'll want WAYYY more than we're willing to pay. Only conjecture on my part but I'm basing it on his agent's initial dealing with us.

Hopefully, and maybe a blessing in disguise, will be the emergence of another receiver or 2 to fill-in for him during his rehab.

Baalke will make the best decision for the "Team" and I feel Crabs leaves for the green elsewhere.

My pure guess is that Patton will step up by the time Crabs' contract needs talkin' about. That Patton will show us that Crabtree can be replaced by the cheaper guy(s).
My pure guess is that Patton will step up by the time Crabs' contract needs talkin' about. That Patton will show us that Crabtree can be replaced by the cheaper guy(s).

My pure guess is that we may find out none of our receivers are good enough to replace Crab. Nevertheless, we will let Crab walk due to too high a price tag which in turn will convince Baalke and Harbaugh to really draft a top wideout next year (much like when we let Dashon walk and drafted Eric Reid if you will).
naw. He's had one really good half a season. This injury wont help his case any either.
We have too many top 100 picks next year. Potentially 6 so we will field a decent WR core between AJ Quinton and whomever we select. I also think we bring back Kyle Williams. We won't overpay Crabtree. Can't fault him for wanting Mike Williams money. He has the talent
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
He's good, but we can do better for less... Let Jerry Jones over pay him, he's a Cowboy fan anyway.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Where did you pull that out from? Links? I believe that it was quite to the contrary, in fact. The Raiders were alway throwing off the informal "rookie pay scale", not the Niners. The Niners stuck to their guns. Crabtree capitulated.

No. I'm saying exactly that. The Niners refusing to acquiesce to his demands shed light on the craziness that could manifest itself for other teams. Soon after that a concrete scale went into place.
Originally posted by vermonator:
He's good, but we can do better for less... Let Jerry Jones over pay him, he's a Cowboy fan anyway.

this