There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could Crabtree be looking for Mike Williams money next year?

Originally posted by niners9:
One 1000 yd season and no pro bowls does not deserve 8 mil a yr. maybe 6 mil because he's young with potential. I say he leaves even though I want him to be niner. We have other guys who are more important and actually worth 8+ mil a yr.

Crabtree was sooo important for us last season. He stepped up big time. I'd gladly resign him for 8 mill a year, assuming he returns to his normal form after he recovers from his injury
Crabtree should just take what he can get he has not proven hes worth a big contract. Hes always injured and has only had one good season. He should take what he can get and when he proves he can stay healthy then go for a big contract.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This!! I just don't see Crabs wanting to stay here without a huge contract. If he's smart he'll look at the Deshon Goldson example and make a fare deal. If not,

I don't think it has anything to do with being smart. Frankly, Baalke never wanted to pay Dashon in the first place, heck I would have left too. I think Crab is quite aware of what the 9ers will and will not do. It won't bother him a bit, if they pay he will stay, if they don't he will walk, is just the business side of football that's all.
Good luck on getting Mike Williams money....and that was BEFORE he tore his Achilles. If he comes back 100%, Good luck on getting that kind of money here. Crbs is way down list of really important players we need to re-sign before their contract yr. So answer is he will be looking for it, but won't get it here. Hey, maybe in Buc land.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I could see him giving us a little discount because he absolutely loves Kap.

But I could also see a team throw 10+ mill a year at him

I think that as Kaep grows more cozy with the offense, he will learn to spread the ball around more.. which is the Harbaugh way. So even if he loves Kaep, he will want production and money more. I see him leaving for the money AND to a team willing to make him their # 1 weapon.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I think that as Kaep grows more cozy with the offense, he will learn to spread the ball around more.. which is the Harbaugh way. So even if he loves Kaep, he will want production and money more. I see him leaving for the money AND to a team willing to make him their # 1 weapon.

Perhaps the next question should be which teams might be interested to sign Crab ? Hmm...
Like many have said...he is worth what Williams got, but he will likely want more. Its a shame, he has finally developed into a quality reciever and in all likelyhood he will be headed for the door. Just once I would like to see a wide reciever who has even the foggiest clue how the salary cap works and had the brains to figure out that teams cant pay everyone like they are Calvin Johnson.

Worst part is these same guys complain about how bad their roster is after they tie the anchor around the teams neck with their huge contract. Heck, maybe Crabs will prove me wrong, say what you will about the slow start to his career and his rookie holdout, he has really been a good citizen and a team guy while he has been here...but I have my doubts. The age of guys like Jerry who played the reciever position for more than just the money are long gone....and the handful of guys out there who are motivated purely by the pursuit of excellence are definetley a rare breed of throwback.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Perhaps the next question should be which teams might be interested to sign Crab ? Hmm...
Belechick would stab his mom in the eye for a healthy Crabtree right about now.
Where are you guys getting the info that he wants to be somewhere else? I get the feeling he likes being a niner.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
good point. He has only had 1 great year.. The reason wallace got paid was cuz he can stretch the field and command double teams, doesn't mean he is better but he going to give the defense problems with his speed.. Crabtree does not have the same skillset.. I think jennings contract will make crabtree's contract higher though, even though he is more polished and a proven receiver year in and year out he is also quite a bit older than crabtree but he was also injured as well.

That being said I think the 49ers max offer will be something like 5/35 around 7 mil a year, anything more would being overspending IMO, and he can get as much as 10 in free agency..crabtree is good just not great.

Except he will not be a free agent until 2015. He will have one full year to raise his value. If he comes back strong, his value will go up.

Did I imply that he was a free agent this coming offseason?
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Crabtree will be looking for 10-12 million a year

yea he will, he think a lot of himself, he going to want to get paid.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Where are you guys getting the info that he wants to be somewhere else? I get the feeling he likes being a niner.

I dont think anyone questions that he desipite his fist steps into the league would be upset about staying here...but his character in general has given the distinct impression that he is a guy who has a price tag attached to him and even though he has become happier here over time, his loyalty is far from absoloute especially in regards to his bank account.

Umm...Crabtree already is the #1 weapon on this team. If he is just about getting paid big bucks then we might lose him, otherwise I feel he will stay because he is already in the best system for his skill set and one of the top notch franchises.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
...If he wants willliams money..see ya Nope, bye crabs
Originally posted by Rascal:

Nah. The answer to that question is too distant for me and takes too much effort in answering at this time. I am just for now gonna assume that he's gone after 2014, and once gone, I won't much care where he goes. ( and if he stays for less, hey, a delightful surprise )