There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Predict the starters in the secondary

Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
This works too. Really don't want Rogers lined up on slot receivers.

Why not? That's what he did last year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
This works too. Really don't want Rogers lined up on slot receivers.

Why not? That's what he did last year.

And he got burned doing it, luckly for the 9ers Danny Amendola isn't with the Rams anymore. Really hope Fangio doesn't put Rogers on Percy Harvin when they play Seattle, you better believe Seattle will be looking for that match-up. Even though Tarrell Brown can hold his own, I think he would be best in the slot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Does anyone think the FO traded for Wright temporarily to try and induce Carlos Rogers to re-negotiate his contract?

I thought Rogers re-negotiated his contract last year??

HirWall
the 49ers never just brimg in a player for no reason are the 49ers unhappy with what they see from there cb i rember you saying you like some of the undrafted guys i guess they feel diferent?
19 Minutes Ago from www.csnbayarea.com

MaioccoCSN
They looked at upgrading the corners in the offseason, but they weren't going to spend huge money to get an established player. There's also talk the 49ers would like Carlos Rogers to take a pay cut from his currently scheduled $5.5 million salary. They have some good depth at cornerback, but the question is whether it's just a mass of mediocrity or if the group is comprised of a couple front-line starters.less
45 Seconds Ago from www.csnbayarea.com

Nevermind it was Parys Haralson who I was thinking of.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
RW McQuarters
Mike Rumph
Mark Roman
Taylor Mays

Remember kowboy...you never played at this level. You are paying these guys bills..
I really believe asomugha will bounce back from his years in Philly he took less money to play here he wants to prove something. I think he gets the starting job opposite of brown, With rodgers and culliver as back ups. And at safeties i think whitner keeps his job unless some one in camp outshines him and reid being the 1st round pick gets the other spot.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Raul98:
I really believe asomugha will bounce back from his years in Philly he took less money to play here he wants to prove something. I think he gets the starting job opposite of brown, With rodgers and culliver as back ups. And at safeties i think whitner keeps his job unless some one in camp outshines him and reid being the 1st round pick gets the other spot.

Hopefully Asomugha rebounds from Philly after all hes got a way better supporting cast. Just with Willis and Bowman his supporting cast improved, they had/have crap for MLB's in Philly not to mention his Safeties looked lost more often then not. I also hope Eric Reid can pick up where Goldson left off in a year or two or be much better, FS maybe the weak link this year.
A lot of guys with liabilities. Needed more young help this offseason
Raul, remember how Nate the great was going to take this franchise back to the top with noln.? Nate was a shut down corner prior to coming here. He came here and got zero, as in none, no help from any of the feckless DBs we had, not to mention a forgettable front 7. So Nate came here for a lot of money and flamed out. He failed. Why? Because he was the only one with talent in the DBackfield. In fact, Nate never shut anyone down once here. Point is, Nnamdi was great in Oakland, went to a stinko team and looked like he lost it. In fact, the entire team he went to "lost it"., and Nnamdi was just a casualty of that. I truly believe he will once again return to what he formerly looked like, when playing with good coaching and way better talent.

One DB can't cover the entire other team. Here, he has Reid, so there's a good start. As of today, I have no idea who is going to win out the competition for the other two slots of Strong Corners. This yr I foresee just one type of guy in the DBackfield. Taller, longer reach guys who can cover. Also they will have to know how to tackle. And then, I believe, all 4 DBs will be one and the same type of person, Strong Corners. Like MadDog says, lots of guys with liabilities, but you have to admire the truckload of potential Strong Corners that were bussed in here, had a looksee, and then some left...and a few stayed...Kudos to the F.O. for that. We will end up better than last yr. True, that may not be saying much, but all 4 guys back there who start are going to be cover guys primarily, who also can tackle...not like Dashon, but they will be able to tackle. Primarily, however, they are going to be reliable cover guys....or the bus with potential Strong Corners is going to keep making stops here. Sure, Rogers, Brown , whitner have the inside track, but I don't think 1 or maybe even 2 of those will end up starting. It is possible one of the guys who starts may not have even showed up in camp yet. Pretty much what MDs one sentence says.