LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Whos the KR/PR for the 2013 season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
KR, yes.

Punts, no. Punts are much harder to field. Also, you have a split second to make a decision whether to return, let it bounce,or fair catch.

Seems we are neglecting ST recently

(Collin Jones, Jennings, Ginn, Costanzo)

I agree we are neglecting special teams. We always go discount. But we got a good field goal kicker. I agree he is much more shaky on punts. I marginally trust him on kickoffs. But on punts I tell you the truth he will cost us games this year. I'm sure of it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
KR, yes.

Punts, no. Punts are much harder to field. Also, you have a split second to make a decision whether to return, let it bounce,or fair catch.

I agree we are neglecting special teams. We always go discount. But we got a good field goal kicker. I agree he is much more shaky on punts. I marginally trust him on kickoffs. But on punts I tell you the truth he will cost us games this year. I'm sure of it.

Since LMJ is injured, who do you think will fill that void? Cox? Williams? As much as i hate KW for that NFCC mishap, I think he returned punts well last year before injury.

Also,Patton looked solid in the KR game.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
KR, yes.

Since LMJ is injured, who do you think will fill that void? Cox? Williams? As much as i hate KW for that NFCC mishap, I think he returned punts well last year before injury.

Also,Patton looked solid in the KR game.

I believe they have Kyle Williams listed as next guy up for that duty. Return man. He will always scare me as a return man until the end of time.... For obvious reasons. Personally I will never trust him (KW). I don't hate the guy and have forgiven him for the NFCCG. But trusting him and believing in him is something else altogether.

Personally I feel Cox is super sure handed and natural at returner. He doesn't look like a fumble or muff waiting to happen. I would really hate to lose Patton on the return game to an injury. I think he will be a beast for us at WR. Keep him healthy and use him there. We are already banged up at WR. No reason to make it worse.
Originally posted by Antix:
The fact that Williams will be our PR is tragically hilarious to me.

It always will be
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I don't think is a matter whether we "trust" LMJ to catch the ball per se, cos even if he can catch the ball he just can't return the ball. But, I like the way you used the term "natural", to me he is not a natural catcher as much as he is not a natural returner.

But, the question or problem is who else is on our current roster ? Noone. We found the only guy that can do at least KR with any meaningful effectiveness in Lavelle Hawkins and what did we do ? We cut him. So, as of now, our KR and PR issues remain stagnant and of course it will come back to bite us cos we are powerless to assert any threat in this area.

My only outside chance hope is Perish Cox.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM ]
He tries too hard to make plays as a returner. Cox seems like a natural.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If the underlying question is whether we have anyone "good" for KR and PR, then the simple answer is NO, not since we cut Hawkins anyway.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
He tries too hard to make plays as a returner. Cox seems like a natural.

Spot on, to be a great returner you have to be instinctual as opposed to being methodical with your approach. In other words, it can't really be taught, you either have it or you don't.
KR = confident
PR = hell no
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
He does good on Madden so yeah. Derp.

I don't but I doubt he will cost us a championship like Williams did
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't believe that can't find a decent KR/PR. Anybody is better than what they trot out there every game.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I can't believe that can't find a decent KR/PR. Anybody is better than what they trot out there every game.

Well, we did, but we cut him.
I just get the feeling that KW is over his stage fright and I can see the resolve on his face. I expect KW to return punts and kickoffs for that matter and do it to such a high level that he never relinquishes the job. The thing I like about KW is that he seems to have an inclination to get upfield and advance the ball instead of dancing towards the sideline. He just has to stay healthy in doing it. I can only hope that KW has just a little bit of Steve Smith in him this year at WR as well. I did say a little bit!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Well, we did, but we cut him.

Yeah, and what is the lovefest with Kyle Williams? The guy has done nothing and he's still on the roster?
Share 49ersWebzone