There are 452 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Return of the Quentin font?

Originally posted by NONAME:
FYI they announced to us that we were getting the first sneak peak at the field for this season. Those will be used for all games in the final season of candlestick
Fantastic!
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Niners99:
YES!!!!!!

Ive been complaining about this for years! Hopefully its permanent.

Seeing as the stadium is only going to be in existence for one more year....

lmao, i think we know what he means but still funny
its the little things like this that make us niner fans happy lol
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,036
This is great news. I will bust a zillion nuts if the endzone background changes to Red during the postseason.
Originally posted by SaksV:
This is great news. I will bust a zillion nuts if the endzone background changes to Red during the postseason.

dynasty years they used to paint it in december cos everyone knew we'd make the playoffs...gotta be ballsy like that again
How some people can say, with a straight face, that the new font is better than Quentin...I have no idea.

The Quentin font is classic. It was the 49ers wordmark logo for our entire dynasty. It was totally unique, just like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. The new font has no soul. Its something you pick out of MS Word. It looks like a non-licensed Wal-Mart 49ers shirt logo.

Its one of the classics.
















yup, i disparagingly call the current wordmark:



...cos its just as bland & corporate
Originally posted by SaksV:
This is great news. I will bust a zillion nuts if the endzone background changes to Red during the postseason.

Pre pare to bust

Originally posted by Niners99:
How some people can say, with a straight face, that the new font is better than Quentin...I have no idea.

The Quentin font is classic. It was the 49ers wordmark logo for our entire dynasty. It was totally unique, just like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. The new font has no soul. Its something you pick out of MS Word. It looks like a non-licensed Wal-Mart 49ers shirt logo.

Its one of the classics.

















It needs to stay
Wow... so hoping now that's gonna carry over into the new stadium, and it becomes our base-font once again, in fact the Pats just changed their font.
Originally posted by Niners99:
How some people can say, with a straight face, that the new font is better than Quentin...I have no idea.

The Quentin font is classic. It was the 49ers wordmark logo for our entire dynasty. It was totally unique, just like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. The new font has no soul. Its something you pick out of MS Word. It looks like a non-licensed Wal-Mart 49ers shirt logo.

Its one of the classics.

















While I agree 100% that I want the Quentin to stay, the font they use in the endzones now is the same as the actual SF logo. It took me a while to notice when they switched it a few years ago, but once I realized it I have to say I don't hate it.

Very happy to return to the classic, and I hope it stays as the main font everywhere.
Quentin font is back??

ChampionshiP!
Originally posted by Niners99:
How some people can say, with a straight face, that the new font is better than Quentin...I have no idea.

The Quentin font is classic. It was the 49ers wordmark logo for our entire dynasty. It was totally unique, just like the Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc. The new font has no soul. Its something you pick out of MS Word. It looks like a non-licensed Wal-Mart 49ers shirt logo.

Its one of the classics.

















+1,000,000. You couldn't have said it any better. This font here is our identity from way back and needs to be brought back. Just like the above fonts for the other teams - you identify the fonts with the teams.
OOOOMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG



meh
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
+1,000,000. You couldn't have said it any better. This font here is our identity from way back and needs to be brought back. Just like the above fonts for the other teams - you identify the fonts with the teams.

I equate the Seahawks font with: