There are 209 users in the forums

NFLNetwork- replaying superbowl today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I've rewatched it a couple times, mostly just the part after the blackout when they mounted the comeback, I always stop watching before the last few plays where the game was basically lost and just imagine that they did complete the comeback, not that that gives much consolation. It really was an epic comeback, one minute they were down 28-6, then in just a few minutes time they were only down by two.

For some odd reason I'm not as hurt about it as I was about the loss in 2011 to the Giants, maybe I'm just desensitized after that loss, maybe it's because losing a super bowl was just bound to happen eventually, maybe because of what Kaep accomplished in such a short time and what this team has become it's pretty clear this isn't the last super bowl we see the 49ers play in the near future, I don't know but it hurts less than I thought it would've. But don't get me wrong, it still stings worse than angry bee attack right to the nuts.

(see bold) I completely agree and I can't wrap my head around the reason why, especially considering I was at the Super Bowl LIVE. I think it's because 2011 had more magic than 2012. In 2012, we expected a Super Bowl run. In 2011, we were an afterthought and came in guns blazing. Another huge component is that the 2011 team (although far less explosive on offense) was a model of consistency and the defense was far better. They never failed to show up in any game; it was always an A+ effort. The 2012 team was extremely erratic.

i am sorry,, but if you find it easier to lose a super bowl as compared to a title game,, well i just do not know. the 49ers do not go to super bowl games to lose . Magic schmaazic. i do not compare teams but i will say the coaching was not as good in 2012 as it was in 2011. i think alot of you need to be careful and just assume we will be in multiple super bowls. Miami thought the same thing back in the day and that is why it should just kill you to lose a super bowl cuz you may never get back. and when you do get back to the super bowl play to your strength at crunch time

Holy s**t dude. Who died and made you the conscience of 49er fans at large?

People have different opinions. "...a lot of you need to careful..." ?

Get over yourself.

I think sometimes people, at the end of the day, are just way more intense with their obsession/passion for the game.

For me, I agree with the other posters... 2011 was worse. In 2011 I think that there was no way we were losing to anyone if we made it past the Giants. I feel like I had already accepted defeat in the SuperBowl before we came back... that's why it didn't hurt so much. I definitely don't dwell on losses either as I feel it's a waste of time. In no way do I think less of people who do - but I think it's a little intense.

Either way, it's over. Time for 2013-14 baby! I love that we can even TALK about the SuperBowl without laughing inside.
LoL.....I woke up and my brother was watching it. I blew a head gasket as soon as i walked into the living room.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
LoL.....I woke up and my brother was watching it. I blew a head gasket as soon as i walked into the living room.

THIS! Me and the wife watched something on DVR and when it was over it went to this and I immediately yelled CHANGE IT NOW!

It's online you can watch it whenever you want
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

It's online you can watch it whenever you want

only when im drunk .....it takes away the pain.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
only when im drunk .....it takes away the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plNqVr2qRo 1:23
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i have no idea what it is like to be a niner fan who is ok with losing a super bowl more than a title game or should i say, take a loss in a nfc title game harder than a super bowl loss. I am also not in the little group of people who just assume we will be in multiple super bowls so its "ok" to lose last year cuz we will be back It should be in any dna of a niner fan that WHEN you go to a super bowl, you go to win and not to lose. Any thought process that is less than this is not acceptable. before during or after the game
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Holy s**t dude. Who died and made you the conscience of 49er fans at large?

People have different opinions. "...a lot of you need to careful..." ?

Get over yourself. I felt more pain after the Giants loss too. Sometimes its not the magnitude of the game itself, but how you lose it. Holy s**t, that's MY opinion. It's different than yours.

But I'll BE CAREFUL in the future bro.

that is so reverse racist. black people taking care of little white children
2:40 and 1:23 ...................................................
49ers are WINNING THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR!!!!!

havent rewatched it since. probably wont ever watch it again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
havent rewatched it since. probably wont ever watch it again

there is no reason to, zero.i wish i had a job where i f**ked up with my playing calling in the biggest game of the year and got a extension and pay raise for it,, ahh never mind
Share 49ersWebzone