There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFLNetwork- replaying superbowl today

Saw the first quarter and then I said f**k that lol
Originally posted by pelos21:
Saw the first quarter and then I said f**k that lol

lol. That's 1 quarter more than I'm capable of.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Saw the first quarter and then I said f**k that lol

lol. That's 1 quarter more than I'm capable of.

Agree
Who doesn't like picking at their scabs?

Not me.
I can't even watch one play without getting sick. That game should be banned from all highlights in the future because I can barely stomach it.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I've rewatched it a couple times, mostly just the part after the blackout when they mounted the comeback, I always stop watching before the last few plays where the game was basically lost and just imagine that they did complete the comeback, not that that gives much consolation. It really was an epic comeback, one minute they were down 28-6, then in just a few minutes time they were only down by two.

For some odd reason I'm not as hurt about it as I was about the loss in 2011 to the Giants, maybe I'm just desensitized after that loss, maybe it's because losing a super bowl was just bound to happen eventually, maybe because of what Kaep accomplished in such a short time and what this team has become it's pretty clear this isn't the last super bowl we see the 49ers play in the near future, I don't know but it hurts less than I thought it would've. But don't get me wrong, it still stings worse than angry bee attack right to the nuts.

(see bold) I completely agree and I can't wrap my head around the reason why, especially considering I was at the Super Bowl LIVE. I think it's because 2011 had more magic than 2012. In 2012, we expected a Super Bowl run. In 2011, we were an afterthought and came in guns blazing. Another huge component is that the 2011 team (although far less explosive on offense) was a model of consistency and the defense was far better. They never failed to show up in any game; it was always an A+ effort. The 2012 team was extremely erratic.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,910
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I've rewatched it a couple times, mostly just the part after the blackout when they mounted the comeback, I always stop watching before the last few plays where the game was basically lost and just imagine that they did complete the comeback, not that that gives much consolation. It really was an epic comeback, one minute they were down 28-6, then in just a few minutes time they were only down by two.

For some odd reason I'm not as hurt about it as I was about the loss in 2011 to the Giants, maybe I'm just desensitized after that loss, maybe it's because losing a super bowl was just bound to happen eventually, maybe because of what Kaep accomplished in such a short time and what this team has become it's pretty clear this isn't the last super bowl we see the 49ers play in the near future, I don't know but it hurts less than I thought it would've. But don't get me wrong, it still stings worse than angry bee attack right to the nuts.

(see bold) I completely agree and I can't wrap my head around the reason why, especially considering I was at the Super Bowl LIVE. I think it's because 2011 had more magic than 2012. In 2012, we expected a Super Bowl run. In 2011, we were an afterthought and came in guns blazing. Another huge component is that the 2011 team (although far less explosive on offense) was a model of consistency and the defense was far better. They never failed to show up in any game; it was always an A+ effort. The 2012 team was extremely erratic.

i am sorry,, but if you find it easier to lose a super bowl as compared to a title game,, well i just do not know. the 49ers do not go to super bowl games to lose . Magic schmaazic. i do not compare teams but i will say the coaching was not as good in 2012 as it was in 2011. i think alot of you need to be careful and just assume we will be in multiple super bowls. Miami thought the same thing back in the day and that is why it should just kill you to lose a super bowl cuz you may never get back. and when you do get back to the super bowl play to your strength at crunch time
They have shown it here about a million times, everytime I would only start watching it after the blackout until we got to the 5-yard line. LOL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,910
Originally posted by Rascal:
They have shown it here about a million times, everytime I would only start watching it after the blackout until we got to the 5-yard line. LOL.

did you note, even little f**king james got two yards on first down against a run stacked defense before your tv shut off?
Steer clear of NFL network...they have been constantly showing the highlights of the game, i mean all damn day. Back to ESPN until this madness ends
For the first time since "the loss" I was able to sit down and watch this replay...it sucked and was heart wrenching, but I actually feel better now that I watched it...it's like getting closure...I am officially ready for this season to start now.
So

Much

Pain
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Steer clear of NFL network...they have been constantly showing the highlights of the game, i mean all damn day. Back to ESPN until this madness ends

sucks that the alternative is ESPN. They're all about the Cowboys camp
Try walking into a Baltimore sports bar, and seeing pictures of Crabtree hung up on a wall missing the catch. I just sometimes think we will never have another opportunity like this ever again. We are cursed.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I've rewatched it a couple times, mostly just the part after the blackout when they mounted the comeback, I always stop watching before the last few plays where the game was basically lost and just imagine that they did complete the comeback, not that that gives much consolation. It really was an epic comeback, one minute they were down 28-6, then in just a few minutes time they were only down by two.

For some odd reason I'm not as hurt about it as I was about the loss in 2011 to the Giants, maybe I'm just desensitized after that loss, maybe it's because losing a super bowl was just bound to happen eventually, maybe because of what Kaep accomplished in such a short time and what this team has become it's pretty clear this isn't the last super bowl we see the 49ers play in the near future, I don't know but it hurts less than I thought it would've. But don't get me wrong, it still stings worse than angry bee attack right to the nuts.

(see bold) I completely agree and I can't wrap my head around the reason why, especially considering I was at the Super Bowl LIVE. I think it's because 2011 had more magic than 2012. In 2012, we expected a Super Bowl run. In 2011, we were an afterthought and came in guns blazing. Another huge component is that the 2011 team (although far less explosive on offense) was a model of consistency and the defense was far better. They never failed to show up in any game; it was always an A+ effort. The 2012 team was extremely erratic.

i am sorry,, but if you find it easier to lose a super bowl as compared to a title game,, well i just do not know. the 49ers do not go to super bowl games to lose . Magic schmaazic. i do not compare teams but i will say the coaching was not as good in 2012 as it was in 2011. i think alot of you need to be careful and just assume we will be in multiple super bowls. Miami thought the same thing back in the day and that is why it should just kill you to lose a super bowl cuz you may never get back. and when you do get back to the super bowl play to your strength at crunch time

Holy s**t dude. Who died and made you the conscience of 49er fans at large?

People have different opinions. "...a lot of you need to careful..." ?

Get over yourself. I felt more pain after the Giants loss too. Sometimes its not the magnitude of the game itself, but how you lose it. Holy s**t, that's MY opinion. It's different than yours.

But I'll BE CAREFUL in the future bro.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jul 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
...