LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

NFLNetwork- replaying superbowl today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't watch, it's just too painful knowing how it will turn out. Not sure if I can ever watch that game again.
I recorded it, but I won't watching it until a later date. Just want it to be there if I ever feel the need to get out my dolphin's snuggie and pour a big glass of red wine to cry into.
yep, I watched it and found myself yelling at my tv in disbelief (like the first time).
I've rewatched it a couple times, mostly just the part after the blackout when they mounted the comeback, I always stop watching before the last few plays where the game was basically lost and just imagine that they did complete the comeback, not that that gives much consolation. It really was an epic comeback, one minute they were down 28-6, then in just a few minutes time they were only down by two.

For some odd reason I'm not as hurt about it as I was about the loss in 2011 to the Giants, maybe I'm just desensitized after that loss, maybe it's because losing a super bowl was just bound to happen eventually, maybe because of what Kaep accomplished in such a short time and what this team has become it's pretty clear this isn't the last super bowl we see the 49ers play in the near future, I don't know but it hurts less than I thought it would've. But don't get me wrong, it still stings worse than angry bee attack right to the nuts.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jul 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
I haven't watched the Superbowl since, nor do I want to, nor do I plan to. In fact, I don't think I could go through that heartbreak again. Everytime I even see a Ravens player on espn or NFL network speak of it, or Superbowl highlights come on, I instantly change the channel. I refuse to watch the Ravens and Ray Lewis celebrate ever.
Originally posted by mkeniner:
I've watched it. I've watched the post-blackout portion several times. Every time I watch the game I'm half convinced the 49ers are going to win. It's still hard to believe that they lost. The one takeaway from the game is that Kaepernick, aside from a couple of plays (the interception, the timeout on the last possession that stopped what was looking like the go-ahead touchdown from happening), was freaking awesome. With less than one full year of starting experience, he balled hard on the biggest stage. Add an offseason of hard work and improvement on pre-snap reads and touch passing, he's going to be amazing. If he stays healthy, he's the MVP this year. Losing Crabtree will absolutely hurt, but I expect Kaepernick to more than make up for it. Add to that increased depth on the D-Line and a refocus on special teams, If there aren't too many injuries, I think this is going to be the best team that the NFL has seen in a long time. And I'm not prone to blind optimism. They are extremely talented everywhere.

A lot of things needed to happen for them to lose that game. It does happen, unfortunately. And there are no guarantees. But this is a great team and watching the Super Bowl just gets me pumped for this season to start.

Glass is half full, same feelings over here. The Niners will bounce back with a vengence and bring back that trophy this time around.
Will never watch again. 5-1
not gonna watch
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Yeah, if you rewatch it a few times it definitely does help. And then you'll get that pang of UGHHH WE WERE SO CLOSE.

The thing that always gets me is seeing Bruce Miller being held on the kickoff return that went for a TD. He was held by two f**king people.

nothing like a built in excuse for our own poor play. we did not play well enough on offense, defense or special ed teams for four quarters to win this game.it is inexcusable for a 49er team to come and play as bad as we did early. and please do not hand my any crap about " well well they played good in the second half. i am not going to give them credit for playing a half the way they should have played the entire f**king game

Uhhh, what? If you want to go off on a rant on something that's bothering you, go for it dude, but don't try to use one of my posts that's absolutely unrelated to do it. I never said it was the reason we lost. I said its the thing that always gets me pissed off. There are a LOT of reasons we lost and while that was a big one, it wasn't THE reason. So stop trying to pull this "built in excuse" crap because I never made it one to begin with.
not only is it built in excuse but people who blame the refs for the loss have built in denial
It's kinda weird how you're basically going

But hey, to each his own. If you want to make stuff up to feel better, who am I to stop you.

But hey, to each his own. If you want to make stuff up to feel better, who am I to stop you.

he didn't even watch the game...he read the box score
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

he didn't even watch the game...he read the box score
Denial with a capitol D
Nah , Kowboy, I focused on reviewing the last 4 mins, and the last 4 plays exclusively. After not much thot, it was apparent this was a coaching loss. True, JH is two yrs new, and roman is new as OC in NFL. What hit me the hardest...and this was several weeks later, was that neither HC nor OC had a play for first down on the 9 yd. line. Neither one. sheesh. As great as our fantastic comeback was after the outage, it was those final four plays, all literally pulled out of somebody's bum, and no idea what to call 4 TIMES inside the 10...for the SB win. Ouch. And that is pretty much all I took away from that game.

Lesson? OC calls plays during the week, consulting with HC. Coach H, Kap and OC make the game plan and gameday, Coach H calls the plays. That would stop, once and for all , this abnormal nuttiness of not getting the frigging plays in on time, and moreso, make Coach H more Walsh like...the guy who had a play for any situation, any time, any where. For my money, from here on out, until Kap is ready to call his own plays with the HC, I think Coach H should be our playcaller. If the screwups were just this one time, no. But Offensive playcalling this past yr was, well, really offensive. Kap, plus the OL, made a lot of plays, and they weren't in the book. But when it counted, bottom line....I want my HC to be calling the plays. IT IS , HIS team, not roman's.

Oh, yes, I did learn one other thing. If you want to stop the 3rd down jumpball catches on the first down marker, you have to have an answer for Anquan. Well , we did. We bought him.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]
I'm never watching that game again.
  • mod
  • Veteran
That was the first time seeing it on tv... walked away on the last drive tho
Share 49ersWebzone