LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Well, frankly it doesn't matter what position it is, any franchise tag will cost more than Anquan's current $6 mil unless you are talking about kicker and punter which is $3 mil. Anquan is nearing the end of his career, I can't see him asking for much. At most may be $4 mil a year perhaps ?

2 yr/$10 million fully guaranteed. No escalators. Straight cash homie is what I see if he puts up 1000 yds this season. A vet like Boldin ain't gonna want any loopholes in his deal. He is probably worth it too. I can see us wanting to keep around a productive veteran mentor for the young guys

Sure I think is way worth it, but do you think Baalke will be that generous ? I think Anquan will be cool if he gets that. I would loveeee him to stay. $10 mil 2 years straight cash homie let's go !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think so. Do you know the franchise tag number for WR in 2013 is already $10 mil ?

Yeah, that's the problem with using the tag on a receiver - it's way too big a number.

Well, frankly it doesn't matter what position it is, any franchise tag will cost more than Anquan's current $6 mil unless you are talking about kicker and punter which is $3 mil. Anquan is nearing the end of his career, I can't see him asking for much. At most may be $4 mil a year perhaps ?

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up in next years' draft for a big WR (a la Falcons / Julio Jones)

Well, that has always been my dream aka Brandon Coleman 6'6" 220 lbs. Is that big enough ?

Justhave vernon drop 10 more pounds.

And grow 3 more inches.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Anquan Boldin turns part-time teacher, now that's a cool story, LOL :

"Boldin asked a Niners staffer for a white greaseboard the other day. Sure … but why? "I want to be able to quiz some of the young guys on their routes," Boldin said." - Peter King, S.I.

"Boldin asked a Niners staffer for a white greaseboard the other day. Sure … but why? "I want to be able to quiz some of the young guys on their routes," Boldin said." - Peter King, S.I.

Boldin is quickly becoming beloved here
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I know I wish he was younger
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

I just love this dude. Like Kap said, he really is a man amongst boys.
[ Edited by Rascal on Jul 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
From Peter King today.....

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/anquan-boldin-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

Ten things I learned out West.

8. Seattle and Denver fans are drunk on Super Bowl Express punch. The fervor in those places is noticeable at practice and in the city. Meanwhile, in San Francisco, it's a pretty business-as-usual atmosphere. "No hoopla here," new corner Nnamdi Asomugha said. "Just football. I like it."

LETS GOOO!!!

seadderall is in for a big surprise this year with everyone gunnin for them
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

I just love this dude. Like Kap said, he really is man amongst boys.

all the young guys are too busy thinking and not playing. its a common reason why drops are affluent. glad to see boldin try and help.
Secretly been a fan of Boldin for a long time. Was tough watching him beat us up with the Cards and Ravens, couldn't be happier that he's here now.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They could franchise tag him. Very doubtful they would, but teams can indeed stop free agents from walking away. It really is simple. lol

Yes. I completely forgot about the franchise tag. I stand, or kneel, corrected.

I don't think so. Do you know the franchise tag number for WR in 2013 is already $10 mil ?

Which is why I ncluded very doubtful they would. We were conversing about the ability to do so, not the likely hood of it. But thank you for your input. lol

I love the stadium but I just wished they'd do something to enhance the crowd noise
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Secretly been a fan of Boldin for a long time. Was tough watching him beat us up with the Cards and Ravens, couldn't be happier that he's here now.

he never really beat us up with the Cards
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Walt Harris ftw
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Walt Harris ftw

Tarell Brown ftw

U must not have remembered the game in Mexico City
Share 49ersWebzone