LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
There's a new short video on 49ers.com "Camp in motion: in pads" that shows Kap making two completions that blew my mind. I mean just killer.

provide links

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Camp-in-Motion-In-Pads/ef80a8e9-ecc0-4dde-a06c-af701c95bdeb

Sorry ninerbuff I didn't know how to do that.

Either use "insert link" or just copy/paste link... now you know!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'm excited to hear Reid looks like the best FS out there, especially in coverage. I was concerned about two positions this year, Safety and WR.

Safety looks like it is shoring up. WR is becoming more and more of a mess each day.
dahl still may start the season but i do not discount your theory that reid could be the man come opening day. if that happens we got dahl who is a respectable back up at two spots, that is something we did not have last year, as you said, good to hear good things about the safety spot
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
There's a new short video on 49ers.com "Camp in motion: in pads" that shows Kap making two completions that blew my mind. I mean just killer.

provide links

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Camp-in-Motion-In-Pads/ef80a8e9-ecc0-4dde-a06c-af701c95bdeb

I like

Yeah you can see Okoye driving an OL back far too!
Originally posted by cciowa:
I'm excited to hear Reid looks like the best FS out there, especially in coverage. I was concerned about two positions this year, Safety and WR.

Safety looks like it is shoring up. WR is becoming more and more of a mess each day.
dahl still may start the season but i do not discount your theory that reid could be the man come opening day. if that happens we got dahl who is a respectable back up at two spots, that is something we did not have last year, as you said, good to hear good things about the safety spot

Agreed! What I'm more curious about is what is Fangio going to do with Whitner in the RZ. Per that video, Willis in front of him with be also calling defensive plays. Whitner is a monster mismatch in the RZ so if Fangio going to have Reid and perhaps, bring Dahl or Spillman/Robinson to play SS for better coverage on slot WR or taller TE's? Or is he going to ask Reid to do the primary covering in these RZ plays? "Scheme is the Theme."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed! What I'm more curious about is what is Fangio going to do with Whitner in the RZ. Per that video, Willis in front of him with be also calling defensive plays. Whitner is a monster mismatch in the RZ so if Fangio going to have Reid and perhaps, bring Dahl or Spillman/Robinson to play SS for better coverage on slot WR or taller TE's? Or is he going to ask Reid to do the primary covering in these RZ plays? "Scheme is the Theme."
god damn NC. he starts to get technical on me and now i am in over my head but I think you are saying its nice to have some good interchangeable parts in this position which is something i am not sure we had last year. i really do not know a strong safety from a free safety from a box and one
Originally posted by NCommand:

god damn NC. he starts to get technical on me and now i am in over my head but I think you are saying its nice to have some good interchangeable parts in this position which is something i am not sure we had last year. i really do not know a strong safety from a free safety from a box and one

Welcome back Kyle Williams! Wow...

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Camp_In_Motion_In_The_Groove/03e6819b-c270-4f48-ac7b-d22ff71828fa

LOLOLOLOL! You are spot on cciowa. So Reid will play FS and Whitner will play SS. The way Fangio played Goldson/Whitner last year, Whitner was THE guy covering guys like Boldin in the slot and all the much taller, physical TE's in the red zone. And as a result, he got torched for easy TD's. So this year, is he going to ask a guy like Reid to cover this role more? Scheme different? Or is he going to have a taller guy such as Spillman come in and provide better coverage? Or a wiley veteran such as Dahl...or a 2nd year guy like Robinson? Or is he going to stick with the Reid - Whitner combination in the red zone and continue to get beat?

That's why I've been saying all along "scheme is the theme" for 2013. Both Fangio and Roman are going to have to use their personnel better, scheme better to combat these obvious issues in our player's abilities (or lack thereof).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Like what I'm hearing about CJ Spillman. The more competition the better.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
They could franchise tag him. Very doubtful they would, but teams can indeed stop free agents from walking away. It really is simple. lol

Yes. I completely forgot about the franchise tag. I stand, or kneel, corrected.

I don't think so. Do you know the franchise tag number for WR in 2013 is already $10 mil ?
Originally posted by Rascal:
I don't think so. Do you know the franchise tag number for WR in 2013 is already $10 mil ?

Yeah, that's the problem with using the tag on a receiver - it's way too big a number.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Yeah, that's the problem with using the tag on a receiver - it's way too big a number.

Well, frankly it doesn't matter what position it is, any franchise tag will cost more than Anquan's current $6 mil unless you are talking about kicker and punter which is $3 mil. Anquan is nearing the end of his career, I can't see him asking for much. At most may be $4 mil a year perhaps ?

Well, frankly it doesn't matter what position it is, any franchise tag will cost more than Anquan's current $6 mil unless you are talking about kicker and punter which is $3 mil. Anquan is nearing the end of his career, I can't see him asking for much. At most may be $4 mil a year perhaps ?

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up in next years' draft for a big WR (a la Falcons / Julio Jones)
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nicely done Dr. Bill Walsh.

Some of you know these already but for all others some good sites to bookmark for training camp and throughout the season.

Videos:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/video/15457
Make sure 49ers is selected on the right hand side. Each day there is media coverage they will put up player interviews, press conferences and many other videos talking about the 49ers throughout training camp and the entire season.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/video-channel-all-videos.html
49ers.com video section. Again player interviews, pres conferences, etc.

Radio Interviews:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/radio-show-all-radio-shows.html
Any interviews on KNBR, 95.7 the game usually end up here. Also conference calls from after the rookies got drafted by us.

Photos:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery-all-team-photos.html
I'm sure people will be putting photos up as the camp goes on but all are here.

http://instagram.com/49ers

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows
https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch

TV Coverage:
http://506sports.com/nfl/
For those of us without Sunday Ticket this site shows you which games you will get in your area on that week. For those of you that stream games it's nice to be able to watch a few on tv and with this site you can see if that's possible. They usually put the map up around Wednesday for that weeks games. They should have pre season as well and what TV stations will cover those games but they aren't up yet.

Just a bump and a chance for those of you who haven't seen the press conferences, interviews, pictures, etc to catch up with no practice today.

2 yr/$10 million fully guaranteed. No escalators. Straight cash homie is what I see if he puts up 1000 yds this season. A vet like Boldin ain't gonna want any loopholes in his deal. He is probably worth it too. I can see us wanting to keep around a productive veteran mentor for the young guys
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade up in next years' draft for a big WR (a la Falcons / Julio Jones)

Well, that has always been my dream aka Brandon Coleman 6'6" 220 lbs. Is that big enough ?

Well, that has always been my dream aka Brandon Coleman 6'6" 220 lbs. Is that big enough ?

Justhave vernon drop 10 more pounds.
Share 49ersWebzone