There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

I'm still psyched we get our old school endzones back
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Boldin will do well, but unfortunately he won't be back. He's a one-year rental. The reason we can afford him this year is because we don't have a starting quarterback's salary hitting our cap this year. However, it's only for this one year we can enjoy such a luxury.

Well, I would say it will depend on a couple of factors such as :

• Will we be able to re-sign Crab ?
  • How much will Anquan demand for an extension ? He will be 33 next year and almost 34 by the time next season starts. Randy Moss was 35 when we signed him and we gave him $2 mil. Perhaps he might give us a discount ? He did say he hopes he can play longer here than just this year, plus 9ers is a good team not to mention he has kids and is not all that fun to have to move again. Could $4 mil be a doable number ? I don't know.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic when it comes to the cap. I would love to keep all of our guys around. But we have SO MANY young guys who are going to command huge money in the near term, its just too hard to imagine keeping everybody.
Boldin will do well, but unfortunately he won't be back. He's a one-year rental. The reason we can afford him this year is because we don't have a starting quarterback's salary hitting our cap this year. However, it's only for this one year we can enjoy such a luxury.

Well, I would say it will depend on a couple of factors such as :

• Will we be able to re-sign Crab ?
  • How much will Anquan demand for an extension ? He will be 33 next year and almost 34 by the time next season starts. Randy Moss was 35 when we signed him and we gave him $2 mil. Perhaps he might give us a discount ? He did say he hopes he can play longer here than just this year, plus 9ers is a good team not to mention he has kids and is not all that fun to have to move again. Could $4 mil be a doable number ? I don't know.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic when it comes to the cap. I would love to keep all of our guys around. But we have SO MANY young guys who are going to command huge money in the near term, its just too hard to imagine keeping everybody.

I understand where you are coming from and I am not suggesting for a moment we keep everyone. However, I see Anquan as a key weapon, his experience, physicality and more importantly veteran savy makes him a huge piece especially in the context of playoffs. Or let me put it this way, if we can't re-sign Crab, do you think we will still let Anquan walk ?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Two broken fingers for Patton, ouch.

2 ?! OMG. Kap is dangerous !! LOL.
  • buck
  • Veteran
let me put it this way, if we can't re-sign Crab, do you think we will still let Anquan walk ?

Boldin will be a free agent.

The team can only offer him a contract. If we offer him a contract, Boldin will be the only one who can decide if he walks or does not walk.

Like it or not, the team simply can not stop a free agent from walking.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Two broken fingers for Patton, ouch.

2 ?! OMG. Kap is dangerous !! LOL.

You can keep your Elway Cross. This dude cracks sternums.
Originally posted by buck:
let me put it this way, if we can't re-sign Crab, do you think we will still let Anquan walk ?

The team can only offer him a contract. If we offer him a contract, Boldin will be the only one who can decide if he walks or does not walk.

That is the point, isn't it ? If we don't offer him a contract, of course he will walk.
  • buck
  • Veteran

That is the point, isn't it ? If we don't offer him a contract, of course he will walk.

My point is that the team cannot stop him from walking. They can only offer him a contract. It is really simple.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 29, 2013 at 6:01 AM ]
My point is that the team cannot stop him from walking. The can only offer him a contract. It is really simple.

I am saying he probably won't want to walk if we give him a decent enough contract. He already said he wants to play longer than just this season with the 9ers. Besides, when you have kids is different, you don't want to have to move every year, is really tough on the kids.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Anymore info on the Lockette injury?
Originally posted by mayo49:
Anymore info on the Lockette injury?

yes
  • buck
  • Veteran
Ricardo Lockette also reportedly suffered a hip injury. There is no word on the seriousness of that, so we'll have to wait and see. The players have tomorrow off, so we'll see if he is back practicing when things pick back up on Tuesday.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/7/28/4566316/darius-fleming-injury-ricardo-lockette-training-camp-49ers

Lockette injured it (his hip) during practice, although he did come back later to finish up.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/7/28/4566444/49ers-training-camp-recap-day-4-eric-reid-marlon-moore-aj-jenkins-ian-williams

while Ricardo Lockette seemed to suffer a right hip injury midway through practice. Lockette tried to return but was obviously hampered.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/29/5604129/49ers-notes-cornerback-brown-could.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by buck on Jul 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, buck.
Our WRs are dropping like flies.

Ughhh!
From Peter King today.....

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/29/anquan-boldin-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

Ten things I learned out West.

8. Seattle and Denver fans are drunk on Super Bowl Express punch. The fervor in those places is noticeable at practice and in the city. Meanwhile, in San Francisco, it's a pretty business-as-usual atmosphere. "No hoopla here," new corner Nnamdi Asomugha said. "Just football. I like it."

LETS GOOO!!!