LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Barrows-Jim Harbaugh today said team doctors have told him Michael Crabtree's Achilles "looks great." Crabtree still on track to return this season.

I don't buy a word that comes out of Harbaugh's mouth. Out for the season.

this
Originally posted by verb1der:
Barrows-Jim Harbaugh today said team doctors have told him Michael Crabtree's Achilles "looks great." Crabtree still on track to return this season.

this

If he was out for the season they wouldnt have put him on the Active PUP list
He's gonna be designated to return regardless of whatever Harbaugh says.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by verb1der:

this

If he was out for the season they wouldnt have put him on the Active PUP list

Still doubt he's going to see any action this year.
I wouldn't be surprised if after the training camp Harbaugh announces that he feels they have a great set of WRs and he wants Crabs to rest the entire season.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I wouldn't be surprised if after the training camp Harbaugh announces that he feels they have a great set of WRs and he wants Crabs to rest the entire season.

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[

So, the three-week window begins: Week 7 - Oct. 20
and ends: Week 10 - Nov. 10

I'd say that's slightly ahead of schedule, since they were hoping end of November, but with an additional 3 weeks: week 13 (Dec 1) he should be back.
CCrabtree will start in the Superbowl this upcoming February. I'm calling it.
Anything Harbaugh says shouldn't be taken to seriously. He hates the media and tries to keep everything in house only. As a fan I hate it, but it's the exact way I'd want to run my football team.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

So, the three-week window begins: Week 7 - Oct. 20
and ends: Week 10 - Nov. 10

I'd say that's slightly ahead of schedule, since they were hoping end of November, but with an additional 3 weeks: week 13 (Dec 1) he should be back.
A fresh Crabtree for the Playoffs

A fresh Crabtree for the Playoffs

This. Let the young bucks take reps early in the season, see who steps up. By late in the season the vets coming off injury will be ready to fill any need, especially with how a*****e teams like the saints and SEAHAWKS seem to mangle our receivers late in the year the past 2 seasons and it affects playoff performance...
Originally posted by niner4life21:
CCrabtree will start in the Superbowl this upcoming February. I'm calling it.

Still traumatized

sigh....

No I know that, I just wouldn't be surprised if he ended up putting him on IR

I tend to agree with this. I dont necissarily think its him trying to deliberately deceive at this point, more of everyone just being overly optomistic. Crabtree doesnt really strike me as a guy that will have an insanely fast recovery, but who knows.

wtf else is he going to say?
Share 49ersWebzone