LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
According to PFT Harbaugh & coaches weren't aware of the offseason workout clause in T-Brown's contract that cost him $2 mil. Sounds like he wants to see that Brown recover the money somehow.

Is that even their responsibility? That'd be cool to see Harbaugh help Brown out, that'd probably be something that'd go a long way in the player's eyes.

coaches didnt know, but Paraag and more than likely Baalke knew. What i would like to know is how common is a stipulation like this in a contract? I mean im sure every contract has money for going to workouts but 2/3s salary? seems way high
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Right now, my expectations are that A.J. Jenkins, at most, produces what Ted Ginn did, and nothing more.

That sounds about right. That basically means next to nothing. I think is time to cut our losses. At most, give him the 4 preseason games and see what he can summon.
yes. i have always said,,, if we are setting here at the end of pre season discussing the same things and non productivity with him as we were at the end of last year,, you gotta cut him, admit you f**ked up and move on. yes its only three days of camp but come on,,, you expect more after a full off season under him

I think you guys are being a bit harsh, but we will find out in a little more than a month.

We can revisit this exchange after 6:00 PM (EST) on Sat. Aug. 31.

Honestly ? I think even if Jenkins tanks in those 4 games, Baalke and Harbaugh still will not cut him before the season whether we like it or not. My guess is end of the season. What is more important is who else can step up ? I would like to know who can do a far better job than Jenkins. Moore ? Lockette ? We shall see.
[ Edited by Rascal on Jul 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
that would go a long way in the locker room... It would obviously benefit Brown, but the other guys would notice too... that our FO looks after it's players and isn't out there to nickel and dime them

We can't pay everyone but we can at least pay them what they have earned

Tough luck, he should have known about the bonus.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Is that even their responsibility? That'd be cool to see Harbaugh help Brown out, that'd probably be something that'd go a long way in the player's eyes.

No it's not really the coach's responsibility, but Harbaugh would just like to be involved in the solution of making it right for T-Brown.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by leon49:
Go Okoye! Hope he does good enough to make the roster as a backup. Really concerned if he'll make it through waivers.

#49ers Harbaugh said football-novice DT Lawrence Okoye looked better playing in pads than without. Off to good start.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch

From Matt Barrows
Finally, you're probably wondering how British rookie Lawrence Okoye fared in his first-ever contact practice. The verdict: He wasn't awful. In fact, Okoye handled himself nicely early in practice in pass-rush drills against offensive tackle Kenny Wiggins.

Like Okoye, Wiggins is tall and long-armed. With Okoye rushing from the left defensive end position, Wiggins stood him up on his first attempt. Okoye was guilty of encroachment on the second go-around. But on the third, he got low and inside of Wiggins and collapsed the pocket.

As a third stringer, Okoye got a lot of reps at right defensive end during team and 11-on-11 drills. He had trouble finding the ball and was uprooted and shoved to the side a lot by guards Mike Iupati and Wayne Tribue, who have a real advantage in leverage against the long-legged Okoye. But again - he wasn't embarrassed, and it has to be considered a positive first step for someone who never went through a full, contact practice until 2:30 p.m. today.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/training-camp-d3-vernon-davis-goes-deep-again-and-again.html#storylink=cpy

First contact football practice ever and having to line-up against Iupati...

I really want this kid to succeed and make this team. What a story that would be. And what an advantage that would be turning a road game into a home game in London. Although, I get the sense we are going to have the fans on our side in London regardless.

This article sounds even more promising about Okoye

Aldon Smith, San Francisco's long-armed sack leader, had a feeling Okoye's Olympic background would translate to success when the pads came out.

"I wasn't really curious," the third-year outside linebacker said. "I know a guy like him is an Olympian and is really strong, when he puts the pads on I think strength is going to show and show the way he plays. He did a good job."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Lawrence-Okoye-Impresses-in-Pads/b4143eeb-f81f-43fd-a279-99f6502a2f1d
[ Edited by leon49 on Jul 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
According to PFT Harbaugh & coaches weren't aware of the offseason workout clause in T-Brown's contract that cost him $2 mil. Sounds like he wants to see that Brown recover the money somehow.

crazy to think the front office didn't know, you'd think they'd be on top of these things
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
crazy to think the front office didn't know, you'd think they'd be on top of these things

Florio doesn't believe them. Dude hates on Niners for everything.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
When I was criticizing Jenkins, most of my posts were directed to like-minded posters.

Can you explain this remark? I just do not understand it.
I know that we disagree about the amount of time that Jenkins should be given, but as you say everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

They are building a stadium and trying to win a Super Bowl.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN58s
WR Kyle Williams (hamstring) is not practicing. WR Quinton Patton (jammed finger) is not catching passes again today. #49ers

Originally posted by Whomeam:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN58s
WR Kyle Williams (hamstring) is not practicing. WR Quinton Patton (jammed finger) is not catching passes again today. #49ers

Well hopefully Lockette gets some good reps and doesn't waste the opportunity that he's been wanting.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Florio doesn't believe them. Dude hates on Niners for everything.

Florio is a troll. PFT is a good website marred by poor writing & editorial decisions.

Florio is loving... LOVING the Eagles QB competition, spinning it into a non-existent controversy between Foles, Vick, & Chip Kelly's delayed decision to pick a starter. It's awful, sensationalist journalism.
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff8m
Nhamdi looks good in 1 on 1's - playing confident. Was told the staff is high on him. Plays well in preseason cld push to start #49ers

How do I quote this tweet?
And Lockette is having a good practice as well.
[ Edited by CullyInTheHouse on Jul 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM ]
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
John Middlekauff ‏@JohnMiddlekauff8m
Nhamdi looks good in 1 on 1's - playing confident. Was told the staff is high on him. Plays well in preseason cld push to start #49ers

How do I quote this tweet?

nnamdi batted down one of kap's passes in the TC video
Share 49ersWebzone