LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Williams performing at NT at a high level could be a great thing for the front because that frees Dorsey to spell Smith or MacDonald. If Williams is solid there on the inside and Dorsey and Carradine can perform, they'll have that depth they need on the line. Plus, Harelson is back this year to spell Aldon and Lemonier might be able to step up to spell Brooks. That defense might be able to stay fresher this season.
Go Okoye! Hope he does good enough to make the roster as a backup. Really concerned if he'll make it through waivers.

#49ers Harbaugh said football-novice DT Lawrence Okoye looked better playing in pads than without. Off to good start.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch
[ Edited by leon49 on Jul 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Fair enough. I just want to make it clear that my opinion of Jenkins is that it's far too early to make judgements about him and his future with the team. I'll admit, he hasn't given a lot to be excited about, but there were a few positive signs from him this offseason. I'm really looking forward to seeing who steps up between him, Lockette, and Patton. Let's just hope one of these guys breaks out.

Well, that's one thing we can agree on, someone better step up. Just Anquan and Vernon alone will not cut it, heck teams can even triple-team them if they think the rest of our receivers are crap. The other question is who is going to be the No. 2 TE ? Kap targetted Delanie quite a bit last year as well. I would say we will need to develop at least another 3 reliable targets for Kap on top of Anquan, Vernon and Kyle.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Any word on any of the Front 7 guys that we drafted? Carradine/Lemonier/Dial

Tank isn't in training camp yet cause he is still recovering from an injury in college but I haven't read anything on the other two. Atleast Ian Williams is gettin great reviews

Dial is hurt as well.

PUP him.

I think we drafted everyone with an ACL injury.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leon49:
Go Okoye! Hope he does good enough to make the roster as a backup. Really concerned if he'll make it through waivers.

#49ers Harbaugh said football-novice DT Lawrence Okoye looked better playing in pads than without. Off to good start.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch

From Matt Barrows
Finally, you're probably wondering how British rookie Lawrence Okoye fared in his first-ever contact practice. The verdict: He wasn't awful. In fact, Okoye handled himself nicely early in practice in pass-rush drills against offensive tackle Kenny Wiggins.

Like Okoye, Wiggins is tall and long-armed. With Okoye rushing from the left defensive end position, Wiggins stood him up on his first attempt. Okoye was guilty of encroachment on the second go-around. But on the third, he got low and inside of Wiggins and collapsed the pocket.

As a third stringer, Okoye got a lot of reps at right defensive end during team and 11-on-11 drills. He had trouble finding the ball and was uprooted and shoved to the side a lot by guards Mike Iupati and Wayne Tribue, who have a real advantage in leverage against the long-legged Okoye. But again - he wasn't embarrassed, and it has to be considered a positive first step for someone who never went through a full, contact practice until 2:30 p.m. today.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/training-camp-d3-vernon-davis-goes-deep-again-and-again.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Wanting to get rid of a first round pick before he even gets into his second year preseason games is really stupid.

Very...shortsighted as well.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Right now, my expectations are that A.J. Jenkins, at most, produces what Ted Ginn did, and nothing more.

That sounds about right. That basically means next to nothing. I think is time to cut our losses. At most, give him the 4 preseason games and see what he can summon.
yes. i have always said,,, if we are setting here at the end of pre season discussing the same things and non productivity with him as we were at the end of last year,, you gotta cut him, admit you f**ked up and move on. yes its only three days of camp but come on,,, you expect more after a full off season under him

I think you guys are being a bit harsh, but we will find out in a little more than a month.

We can revisit this exchange after 6:00 PM (EST) on Sat. Aug. 31.
Until Crabtree recovers fully and regains form he is a question
When is today's practice, about 2:30pm (PT)? Just wanting to know how long before any news, being here on Central Time. Peter King's supposed to be there.
According to PFT Harbaugh & coaches weren't aware of the offseason workout clause in T-Brown's contract that cost him $2 mil. Sounds like he wants to see that Brown recover the money somehow.

Originally posted by ninerjok:
According to PFT Harbaugh & coaches weren't aware of the offseason workout clause in T-Brown's contract that cost him $2 mil. Sounds like he wants to see that Brown recover the money somehow.

that would go a long way in the locker room... It would obviously benefit Brown, but the other guys would notice too... that our FO looks after it's players and isn't out there to nickel and dime them
When is today's practice, about 2:30pm (PT)? Just wanting to know how long before any news, being here on Central Time. Peter King's supposed to be there.

yup, 2:30
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
that would go a long way in the locker room... It would obviously benefit Brown, but the other guys would notice too... that our FO looks after it's players and isn't out there to nickel and dime them

We can't pay everyone but we can at least pay them what they have earned
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

We can't pay everyone but we can at least pay them what they have earned

I agree, but I since Brown is either the best or second best CB on the team, it would make sense to look at extending him. Who knows, this practice clause could end up playing out to our advantage... making it easier to sign Brown to a long term deal...

Is that even their responsibility? That'd be cool to see Harbaugh help Brown out, that'd probably be something that'd go a long way in the player's eyes.
Share 49ersWebzone