LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think we all agree to give the kid at least through the pre season. I guess we are just a little emotional on this since he was a first round pick and with the injury of crabs, we are just wanting to hear how SOMEONE is clearly taking over the second spot. amp is right cuz it is early but at the same time you also have to understand those who are getting impatient with jenkins

Well, didn't we just say let's give him the 4 preseason games ? That should be fair enough right ?

I guess AmpLee just don't like our criticisms on the kid. Difference in opinion I guess.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
No, that's a misrepresentation of my argument. I feel you have unfairly labeled the kid a bust after the first day of padded practice in his second year. I think we all agree that we need to see his preseason in order to make a determination of his progress. However, you are the one already calling for his head before we even get a chance to assess the kid. FWIW, I am not a Jenkins apologist. I've already stated that I believe he MAY be a bust, but I couldn't know for sure until more time passes.
i am so conflicted on this and I talk out of both sides of my mouth. One day I think he is a bust,, then I say to give him more time, then I hear bad things from camp so i get upset and then people like you remind me it is still early but then that does not make me feel better,,, and maybe i need to stop I think my mind starts to race on this thing, when I hear a report that my hero marlon moore is making all these awesome grabs, while jenkins fell down at the line of scrimmage. Yes I tell myself that is not fair to judge jenkins like that but I am not mentally strong enough to stop my mind from racing and getting a titch high strung
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
No, that's a misrepresentation of my argument. I feel you have unfairly labeled the kid a bust after the first day of padded practice in his second year. I think we all agree that we need to see his preseason in order to make a determination of his progress. However, you are the one already calling for his head before we even get a chance to assess the kid. FWIW, I am not a Jenkins apologist. I've already stated that I believe he MAY be a bust, but I couldn't know for sure until more time passes.

Well, whether it is fair or not fair is all subjective. You are entitled to your opinion and so am I. When I was criticizing Jenkins, most of my posts were directed to like-minded posters. I never force my opinion onto others and you inclusive. If you don't agree with my comments you can post your own view on Jenkins, we don't need to get into some huge argument about it. I may be wrong, but I am fine with that cos all I care about is we have great wideouts so we can win games. When there are 2 parties that hold opposing views, you can always agree to disagree.
[ Edited by Rascal on Jul 28, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Any word on any of the Front 7 guys that we drafted? Carradine/Lemonier/Dial
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Tank isn't in training camp yet cause he is still recovering from an injury in college but I haven't read anything on the other two. Atleast Ian Williams is gettin great reviews
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Tank isn't in training camp yet cause he is still recovering from an injury in college but I haven't read anything on the other two. Atleast Ian Williams is gettin great reviews

Dial is hurt as well.
Really excited to hear Ian Williams is looking great. Is he playing at NT? He was undrafted right?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Dial is hurt as well.

PUP him.
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Really excited to hear Ian Williams is looking great. Is he playing at NT? He was undrafted right?

Yes to both
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:

Yes to both

Excellent. Hopefully he can continue to get better and add to the d-line depth.

Ian Williams might be the starter at NT. He has a short body? I hope he holds up
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Ian Williams might be the starter at NT. He has a short body? I hope he holds up

I think he's 6'1"

I think he's 6'1"

I was really excited about the Dorsey signing. Great to see that our own home grown talent is stepping up though. The guy was an undrafted FA. Tomsula is a genius.
Wanting to get rid of a first round pick before he even gets into his second year preseason games is really stupid.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I think he's 6'1"

I was really excited about the Dorsey signing. Great to see that our own home grown talent is stepping up though. The guy was an undrafted FA. Tomsula is a genius.

Yeah I really liked Williams. He physically has matured alot. He looked like a kid when we first got
Him.. Big kid lol I think he will be a stud for us. Plus playing around so much talent will make
Him even better
Share 49ersWebzone